AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! - Page 42 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #411 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4
Hikaru is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That cert is extremely specialized. Correspondent banking is just a small subset within the AML space. If it's free aka govt credits, go for it. But it will not open any additional doors you, imo.
I see. Thanks alot for your valuable advice

Reply With Quote
  #412 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru View Post
I see. Thanks alot for your valuable advice
Not a problem. Good luck!

Reply With Quote
  #413 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2016, 01:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i don't know how recognized ICTA Level 2 diploma is.. content wise i don't really think its that enriching at all...

for non-compliance folks, taking on the level 2 diploma maybe a bit tough. There was a guy in my group last time who used to be in Ops, trying to make a career change hence enrolled himself in the certificate and diploma course. But most of the time, he doesn't understand what was being discussed about.. it is not even a lecture, just going through the motion, some discussions here and there and group discussion / presentation just for the sake of completeness... End of the day, did he and the other non-compliance folks learned anything? well.. i guess they know the names of various laws and regulations... lol.. Will any hiring manager based on solely their cert? I know i won't....

Not saying its thoroughly useless... my opinion may be skewed since my sample size is too small and probably biased as well.. If you have spare cash of S$12.5K lying around (70% subsidy but you will only be reimbursed like 6months after) can go try... Otherwise I think CAMS will be more than sufficient... will even be better if you can take up some contractual position... i find that to be more practical than just equipped yourself with paper qualifications and go knock on other people's door for a job...

Reply With Quote
  #414 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2016, 09:25 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4
Hikaru is on a distinguished road
Default

Ya on the lookout even for contractual compliance positions too but sent tons of CV n zero reply heard from the recruitment staffs, the client want experience -__-
Reply With Quote
  #415 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2016, 02:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Got a job doing aml ops for 3.3K. Idk if it's below market rate or not. Im glad to be given the opportunity but at the same time im uncertain how the growth will be like as I hope to get 4K+ salary next but I doubt anyone would give me an increment of 700 or more.. Sigh
Reply With Quote
  #416 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2016, 08:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Got a job doing aml ops for 3.3K. Idk if it's below market rate or not. Im glad to be given the opportunity but at the same time im uncertain how the growth will be like as I hope to get 4K+ salary next but I doubt anyone would give me an increment of 700 or more.. Sigh
Are you a fresh grad, any bonus? If yes its considered quite good already. Whether you can grow depends on how much you can add value.
Reply With Quote

  #417 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you a fresh grad, any bonus? If yes its considered quite good already. Whether you can grow depends on how much you can add value.
Hi, yes I'm a fresh graduate. I spent my whole night reading through this entire forum and realize other people are doing much better than me, eg. Starting pay 4K, earning 6K++ at 26 years old etc etc. I don't see how I'm able to reach that right now.... Am slightly demoralized as I was hoping to do at least average
Reply With Quote
  #418 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, yes I'm a fresh graduate. I spent my whole night reading through this entire forum and realize other people are doing much better than me, eg. Starting pay 4K, earning 6K++ at 26 years old etc etc. I don't see how I'm able to reach that right now.... Am slightly demoralized as I was hoping to do at least average
Take everything u read here with a pinch of salt. Most of them are grossly made up in order to make themselves feel better.

When I graduated 4 years ago, my starting pay with 2.7k. I am now at 5.5k in a team lead position.
Reply With Quote
  #419 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Take everything u read here with a pinch of salt. Most of them are grossly made up in order to make themselves feel better.

When I graduated 4 years ago, my starting pay with 2.7k. I am now at 5.5k in a team lead position.
Thanks for your advice. You have a pretty good pay progression, I really hope my career will turn out like yours. Think I'll work hard at my work and try to fight for higher increment despite it not being that possible.

Then may I also know roughly how the progression should be like perhaps 3-7 years down the road? The value mentioned by others in previous pages all seem to be pretty high but it coincides with what recruiters like Hays and Michael Page are reporting.
Reply With Quote
  #420 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for your advice. You have a pretty good pay progression, I really hope my career will turn out like yours. Think I'll work hard at my work and try to fight for higher increment despite it not being that possible.

Then may I also know roughly how the progression should be like perhaps 3-7 years down the road? The value mentioned by others in previous pages all seem to be pretty high but it coincides with what recruiters like Hays and Michael Page are reporting.
Hi, I am the Ist poster that replied you. I suggest you learn as much as you can. Like the 2nd poster, I also graduated 4 yrs ago. Started with 2.8k (3 to 4 bonus) and now I am getting 6k plus with bonuses all in. I agree you should like this forum as a pinch of salt. But I am telling you from my own experience. You learn n value add, the increment will come.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MAS for Mid Career Professionals Soul Companies 487 26-09-2021 07:09 PM
How to enter middle office (KYC, Compliance, Risk Management) in bank ? ZoOq Income and Jobs 17 04-10-2017 09:56 AM
Income for IT Professionals sudoku Income and Jobs 10 24-10-2014 07:20 PM
what does corporate hr executives/professionals do? lmaohaha Income and Jobs 2 12-05-2012 06:03 PM
Professionals and Managers - Is Your Pay above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 174 04-10-2009 07:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
141 Replies, 101,544 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,828 Replies, 4,651,227 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,729 Replies, 1,298,673 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,778 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
333 Replies, 455,453 Views
Grab Finance Graduate Programme...
3 Replies, 133 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,093 Replies, 2,536,618 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,656 Replies, 7,374,642 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
276 Replies, 135,340 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
740 Replies, 203,332 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,724 Replies, 4,367,737 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,849 Replies, 612,294 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,033 Replies, 528,126 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 59,062 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
70 Replies, 37,044 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
880 Replies, 228,500 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 112,593 Views
DXC Technology
0 Replies, 53 Views
Y Ventures Group
0 Replies, 33 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,022 Replies, 2,516,043 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 26,772 Views
Tax ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 9,058 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 7,806 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 279,271 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
487 Replies, 276,689 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,788 Replies, 1,421,762 Views
Process Engineer Salary
3 Replies, 5,243 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,914 Replies, 1,762,893 Views
Maybe it's rosy after all
1 Replies, 1,675 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2