Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

i don't know how recognized ICTA Level 2 diploma is.. content wise i don't really think its that enriching at all...

for non-compliance folks, taking on the level 2 diploma maybe a bit tough. There was a guy in my group last time who used to be in Ops, trying to make a career change hence enrolled himself in the certificate and diploma course. But most of the time, he doesn't understand what was being discussed about.. it is not even a lecture, just going through the motion, some discussions here and there and group discussion / presentation just for the sake of completeness... End of the day, did he and the other non-compliance folks learned anything? well.. i guess they know the names of various laws and regulations... lol.. Will any hiring manager based on solely their cert? I know i won't....

Not saying its thoroughly useless... my opinion may be skewed since my sample size is too small and probably biased as well.. If you have spare cash of S$12.5K lying around (70% subsidy but you will only be reimbursed like 6months after) can go try... Otherwise I think CAMS will be more than sufficient... will even be better if you can take up some contractual position... i find that to be more practical than just equipped yourself with paper qualifications and go knock on other people's door for a job...