GIC-Working Culture - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




GIC-Working Culture

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2012, 11:23 PM
typ typ is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
typ is on a distinguished road
Default GIC-Working Culture

hi,

anyone working in Govt of Spore Investment Corp (GIC)? Are they a pro-family company? I heard it is quite a stressful co., not sure if we can leave on the dot.... Also, what's the working culture like?

Appreciate some real feedback. Thanks.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 17-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by typ View Post
hi,

anyone working in Govt of Spore Investment Corp (GIC)? Are they a pro-family company? I heard it is quite a stressful co., not sure if we can leave on the dot.... Also, what's the working culture like?

Appreciate some real feedback. Thanks.
dude you wana join GIC and have pro-family and leave on the dot!?!?! ROFL, if you want that go join the G without the IC.

you will be lucky to go off before 10pm if there is nothing much to do. most meetings are around midnight due to time zone differences. going back home to catch a few hrs of sleep before heading back to work again is common during peak.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 17-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by typ View Post
hi,

anyone working in Govt of Spore Investment Corp (GIC)? Are they a pro-family company? I heard it is quite a stressful co., not sure if we can leave on the dot.... Also, what's the working culture like?

Appreciate some real feedback. Thanks.
maybe you would like to try MAS....

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 17-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by typ View Post
hi,

anyone working in Govt of Spore Investment Corp (GIC)? Are they a pro-family company? I heard it is quite a stressful co., not sure if we can leave on the dot.... Also, what's the working culture like?

Appreciate some real feedback. Thanks.
Hi

the working culture there is scholar culture.

Regards


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 17-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dude you wana join GIC and have pro-family and leave on the dot!?!?! ROFL, if you want that go join the G without the IC.

you will be lucky to go off before 10pm if there is nothing much to do. most meetings are around midnight due to time zone differences. going back home to catch a few hrs of sleep before heading back to work again is common during peak.
Actually culture quite pro family. flexible working hours, childcare and community leave.

Midnight meetings? Ha ha. Hq sets the time of the meeting and the overseas offices have to follow.

but generally the pte markets work later than the public mkts depending on deal flow
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 17-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hi thks for the feedback. I will be working in the support function... so I guess it will be quite pro-family, hopefully. One HR was calling me at 8ish (still at the office) to talk about my offer, so this kinda surprised me. I come from MNC where flexibility is allowed. I do not wish to stay in the office late but am flexibile to work at night after I've got home to settle the kids. Hopefully this flexibility is allowed in GIC.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 17-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi thks for the feedback. I will be working in the support function... so I guess it will be quite pro-family, hopefully. One HR was calling me at 8ish (still at the office) to talk about my offer, so this kinda surprised me. I come from MNC where flexibility is allowed. I do not wish to stay in the office late but am flexibile to work at night after I've got home to settle the kids. Hopefully this flexibility is allowed in GIC.
Where on earth do you get the idea that GIC is pro-family? Just because it has the word government inside doesnt mean it follows civil service / stat board culture.

8ish in the office you surprise already then better not join, there are many more surprises waiting for you.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 24-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Where on earth do you get the idea that GIC is pro-family? Just because it has the word government inside doesnt mean it follows civil service / stat board culture.

8ish in the office you surprise already then better not join, there are many more surprises waiting for you.
you should join some europe MNC like philip and siemen, they are very pro-family.. HP also..
my colleague took half day leave just for his son sport day..

cool?
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you should join some europe MNC like philip and siemen, they are very pro-family.. HP also..
my colleague took half day leave just for his son sport day..

cool?
u must be joking .... in hp where got take leave for sport day ?

hp got count staff reporting to office or working meh ?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
u must be joking .... in hp where got take leave for sport day ?

hp got count staff reporting to office or working meh ?
hahaha you are right, sometime just simply work from home.. but my division is doing r&d, need to be in office as per office hour
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Work culture in IHiS G33n Income and Jobs 87 31-07-2019 02:36 PM
Working Culture in IRAS uturn Income and Jobs 52 18-07-2019 11:22 AM
Working culture @ IDA rarashow Income and Jobs 156 24-07-2018 11:18 PM
Working Culture at Informa Imbiah Income and Jobs 3 26-04-2012 08:12 AM
Working culture in US MNC Karlena Income and Jobs 10 14-07-2010 10:22 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 7,660 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,081 Replies, 845,574 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,169 Replies, 5,292,792 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,847 Replies, 870,368 Views
What are your Job benefits ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 7,064 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,712 Replies, 1,016,073 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,435 Replies, 1,487,821 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,012 Replies, 2,193,522 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,582 Replies, 1,228,730 Views
Casino Regulatory Authority
1 Replies, 4,368 Views
Relocating to Singapore, is... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 29,286 Views
Summer Internships 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 1,891 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
428 Replies, 72,489 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
879 Replies, 718,075 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 95,724 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 121,557 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,977 Replies, 1,802,661 Views
Chevron COBRA assesment, please... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 48,962 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,369 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,867 Replies, 3,649,047 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector) ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 1,992 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 76,068 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
854 Replies, 430,002 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 4,530 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
203 Replies, 197,475 Views
What course should I undertake?
8 Replies, 3,178 Views
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 13,792 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,980 Views
What is the usual salary for...
4 Replies, 2,022 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2