Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   GIC-Working Culture (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2227-government-singapore-investment-corporation-working-culture.html)

typ 16-10-2012 11:23 PM

GIC-Working Culture

hi,

anyone working in Govt of Spore Investment Corp (GIC)? Are they a pro-family company? I heard it is quite a stressful co., not sure if we can leave on the dot.... Also, what's the working culture like?

Appreciate some real feedback. Thanks.

Unregistered 17-10-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by typ (Post 29149)
hi,

anyone working in Govt of Spore Investment Corp (GIC)? Are they a pro-family company? I heard it is quite a stressful co., not sure if we can leave on the dot.... Also, what's the working culture like?

dude you wana join GIC and have pro-family and leave on the dot!?!?! ROFL, if you want that go join the G without the IC.

you will be lucky to go off before 10pm if there is nothing much to do. most meetings are around midnight due to time zone differences. going back home to catch a few hrs of sleep before heading back to work again is common during peak.

Unregistered 17-10-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

hi,

maybe you would like to try MAS....

Unregistered 17-10-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

hi,

Hi

the working culture there is scholar culture.

Regards

Unregistered 17-10-2012 01:43 PM

Haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29157)
dude you wana join GIC and have pro-family and leave on the dot!?!?! ROFL, if you want that go join the G without the IC.

you will be lucky to go off before 10pm if there is nothing much to do. most meetings are around midnight due to time zone differences. going back home to catch a few hrs of sleep before heading back to work again is common during peak.

Actually culture quite pro family. flexible working hours, childcare and community leave.

Midnight meetings? Ha ha. Hq sets the time of the meeting and the overseas offices have to follow.

but generally the pte markets work later than the public mkts depending on deal flow

Unregistered 17-10-2012 03:01 PM

hi thks for the feedback. I will be working in the support function... so I guess it will be quite pro-family, hopefully. One HR was calling me at 8ish (still at the office) to talk about my offer, so this kinda surprised me. I come from MNC where flexibility is allowed. I do not wish to stay in the office late but am flexibile to work at night after I've got home to settle the kids. Hopefully this flexibility is allowed in GIC.

Unregistered 17-10-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29180)
hi thks for the feedback. I will be working in the support function... so I guess it will be quite pro-family, hopefully. One HR was calling me at 8ish (still at the office) to talk about my offer, so this kinda surprised me. I come from MNC where flexibility is allowed. I do not wish to stay in the office late but am flexibile to work at night after I've got home to settle the kids. Hopefully this flexibility is allowed in GIC.

Where on earth do you get the idea that GIC is pro-family? Just because it has the word government inside doesnt mean it follows civil service / stat board culture.

8ish in the office you surprise already then better not join, there are many more surprises waiting for you.

Unregistered 24-10-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29192)
Where on earth do you get the idea that GIC is pro-family? Just because it has the word government inside doesnt mean it follows civil service / stat board culture.

8ish in the office you surprise already then better not join, there are many more surprises waiting for you.

you should join some europe MNC like philip and siemen, they are very pro-family.. HP also..
my colleague took half day leave just for his son sport day..

cool?

Unregistered 25-10-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29440)
you should join some europe MNC like philip and siemen, they are very pro-family.. HP also..
my colleague took half day leave just for his son sport day..

cool?

u must be joking .... in hp where got take leave for sport day ?

hp got count staff reporting to office or working meh ?

Unregistered 25-10-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29493)
u must be joking .... in hp where got take leave for sport day ?

hp got count staff reporting to office or working meh ?

hahaha you are right, sometime just simply work from home.. but my division is doing r&d, need to be in office as per office hour