Salary for Business Analyst (System) - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Salary for Business Analyst (System)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 21-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Jkon is on a distinguished road
Default Salary for Business Analyst (System)

Hi,

Just to find out if anyone knows what's the salary like for a business analyst (system) in Associate level 2 ?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 21-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkon View Post
Hi,

Just to find out if anyone knows what's the salary like for a business analyst (system) in Associate level 2 ?
Should be around $5.5k

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 21-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Jkon is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Should be around $5.5k
Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. 5.5k !?!

I am 29 and asking for 2.3k..is that way below the market rate ?My education level is just a diploma certificate in engineering and i have no prior experience in this field. I was serving as a civil servant and subseuqently went into the private sector 1 year ago therefore i am really clueless what the salary scale like.. Can anyone enlighten me more on this ?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 21-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkon View Post
Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. 5.5k !?!

I am 29 and asking for 2.3k..is that way below the market rate ?My education level is just a diploma certificate in engineering and i have no prior experience in this field. I was serving as a civil servant and subseuqently went into the private sector 1 year ago therefore i am really clueless what the salary scale like.. Can anyone enlighten me more on this ?
When you mention Associate Level 2 means what exactly? I assumed its something similar to Senior Associate / Senior Business Analyst. Usually this a Assistant Manager position in most MNCs, so why are you applying for something like that with no relevant experience and degree?

Which company is it btw?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 21-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkon View Post
Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. 5.5k !?!

I am 29 and asking for 2.3k..is that way below the market rate ?My education level is just a diploma certificate in engineering and i have no prior experience in this field. I was serving as a civil servant and subseuqently went into the private sector 1 year ago therefore i am really clueless what the salary scale like.. Can anyone enlighten me more on this ?
Oh.. In the first place, diploma holders are rarely given executive titled jobs... Not sure if the position offered to you in the organisation is really an executive "Analyst" job... On the salary you are asking for, typically diploma holders with roughly 5 years experience earns abt 2.2k - 2.4k... The sad fact for diploma holders is that their starting salary 10 years ago and today still hovers around 1.8k - 2k.. This is likely due to an abundance of degree holders as well as foreign workers with higher qualifications flooding the job market.... Better go and upgrade while you still can... Congratulations on leaving the civil service though, there's no hope for a diploma holder in there unless you want to be a support staff for you entire life......
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Jkon is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When you mention Associate Level 2 means what exactly? I assumed its something similar to Senior Associate / Senior Business Analyst. Usually this a Assistant Manager position in most MNCs, so why are you applying for something like that with no relevant experience and degree?

Which company is it btw?

Hi, not really convenient to reveal which company though but what i can say is that its in the insurance industry. Anyway level 1 referring to fresh entry graduates and level 2 is referring to personnel with some working experiences. This is what i was told. I was offered the vacancy but i was thinking if i could negotiate abit more and i was wondering if there will be adverse effect as i indicated the expected salary in my resume.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Jkon is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh.. In the first place, diploma holders are rarely given executive titled jobs... Not sure if the position offered to you in the organisation is really an executive "Analyst" job... On the salary you are asking for, typically diploma holders with roughly 5 years experience earns abt 2.2k - 2.4k... The sad fact for diploma holders is that their starting salary 10 years ago and today still hovers around 1.8k - 2k.. This is likely due to an abundance of degree holders as well as foreign workers with higher qualifications flooding the job market.... Better go and upgrade while you still can... Congratulations on leaving the civil service though, there's no hope for a diploma holder in there unless you want to be a support staff for you entire life......
The job title can also be called a system analyst after some clarification. They did a benchmark on how much i was drawing previously and increased accordingly. My question is based on my scenario, is this the range of salary for this role that i should be drawing ?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkon View Post
Hi, not really convenient to reveal which company though but what i can say is that its in the insurance industry. Anyway level 1 referring to fresh entry graduates and level 2 is referring to personnel with some working experiences. This is what i was told. I was offered the vacancy but i was thinking if i could negotiate abit more and i was wondering if there will be adverse effect as i indicated the expected salary in my resume.
TBH I think the company is smoking you. There is no way that a L2 Associate Analyst can be offered only 2.3k, even junior business analyst roles in most companies for fresh degree grads or very experience poly grads are paying about 3k. Your co. is finance industry some more should be higher still

Only 2 possible explanations:

1) They are trying to hammer your wages down in an attempt to cut cost or keep within some super tight budget. Maybe the previous person got short change with low wages and now the dept does not have additional budget for anything higher than status quo.

2) This isn’t really a Business Analyst Senior Associate role, it’s probably some junior admin non-executive job with a fancy title

Judging by the fact they are offering to people with no relevant experience and no degree, I think most likely is #2.

IMO w/o any relevant experience or degree, it’s hard to ask for >$2.3k anyway as they are essentially paying for a diploma freshie. The choice is yours, if you really want to tryout or keen to enter finance industry, can consider taking up.

But just walk in with open eyes that the job you will be doing for the next 2 years is not Business Analyst, but most likely something along the lines of System/Network/Platform Administrator.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
chipndale is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi, I would like to ask... is $2800 enough for business analyst fresh grad?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
Hi, I would like to ask... is $2800 enough for business analyst fresh grad?
Fresh grad is 3-3.4k now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,237 Replies, 6,373,363 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,739 Replies, 1,346,030 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,395 Replies, 1,339,102 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,780 Replies, 4,570,836 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,649 Replies, 4,843,291 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,754 Replies, 1,009,556 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
621 Replies, 359,759 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 423,142 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,754 Replies, 1,471,262 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,177 Replies, 3,318,551 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,915 Replies, 2,875,245 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,879 Replies, 10,173,953 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,640 Replies, 1,490,402 Views
Aon Centre for Innovation and...
7 Replies, 5,562 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
482 Replies, 616,689 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 9,288 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
704 Replies, 521,868 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
884 Replies, 481,203 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,241 Replies, 12,275,806 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
633 Replies, 318,727 Views
Jobs with travel opportunities
9 Replies, 3,838 Views
Salary ranges in Big Tech in...
2 Replies, 617 Views
A*Star (Agency for Science,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 97,200 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,069 Replies, 3,670,221 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
414 Replies, 155,767 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,963 Replies, 2,089,633 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
418 Replies, 710,421 Views
Tuv Sud (TÜV SÜD)
2 Replies, 2,446 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,064 Replies, 2,238,448 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 222,686 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2