Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Salary for Business Analyst (System) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1726-salary-business-analyst-system.html)

Jkon 21-02-2012 12:58 PM

Salary for Business Analyst (System)

Hi,

Just to find out if anyone knows what's the salary like for a business analyst (system) in Associate level 2 ?

Unregistered 21-02-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jkon (Post 21121)
Hi,

Just to find out if anyone knows what's the salary like for a business analyst (system) in Associate level 2 ?

Should be around $5.5k

Jkon 21-02-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21124)
Should be around $5.5k

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. 5.5k !?!

I am 29 and asking for 2.3k..is that way below the market rate ?My education level is just a diploma certificate in engineering and i have no prior experience in this field. I was serving as a civil servant and subseuqently went into the private sector 1 year ago therefore i am really clueless what the salary scale like.. Can anyone enlighten me more on this ?

Unregistered 21-02-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jkon (Post 21126)

I am 29 and asking for 2.3k..is that way below the market rate ?My education level is just a diploma certificate in engineering and i have no prior experience in this field. I was serving as a civil servant and subseuqently went into the private sector 1 year ago therefore i am really clueless what the salary scale like.. Can anyone enlighten me more on this ?

When you mention Associate Level 2 means what exactly? I assumed its something similar to Senior Associate / Senior Business Analyst. Usually this a Assistant Manager position in most MNCs, so why are you applying for something like that with no relevant experience and degree?

Which company is it btw?

Unregistered 21-02-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jkon (Post 21126)

Oh.. In the first place, diploma holders are rarely given executive titled jobs... Not sure if the position offered to you in the organisation is really an executive "Analyst" job... On the salary you are asking for, typically diploma holders with roughly 5 years experience earns abt 2.2k - 2.4k... The sad fact for diploma holders is that their starting salary 10 years ago and today still hovers around 1.8k - 2k.. This is likely due to an abundance of degree holders as well as foreign workers with higher qualifications flooding the job market.... Better go and upgrade while you still can... Congratulations on leaving the civil service though, there's no hope for a diploma holder in there unless you want to be a support staff for you entire life......

Jkon 22-02-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21137)
When you mention Associate Level 2 means what exactly? I assumed its something similar to Senior Associate / Senior Business Analyst. Usually this a Assistant Manager position in most MNCs, so why are you applying for something like that with no relevant experience and degree?

Which company is it btw?

Hi, not really convenient to reveal which company though but what i can say is that its in the insurance industry. Anyway level 1 referring to fresh entry graduates and level 2 is referring to personnel with some working experiences. This is what i was told. I was offered the vacancy but i was thinking if i could negotiate abit more and i was wondering if there will be adverse effect as i indicated the expected salary in my resume.

Jkon 22-02-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21153)
Oh.. In the first place, diploma holders are rarely given executive titled jobs... Not sure if the position offered to you in the organisation is really an executive "Analyst" job... On the salary you are asking for, typically diploma holders with roughly 5 years experience earns abt 2.2k - 2.4k... The sad fact for diploma holders is that their starting salary 10 years ago and today still hovers around 1.8k - 2k.. This is likely due to an abundance of degree holders as well as foreign workers with higher qualifications flooding the job market.... Better go and upgrade while you still can... Congratulations on leaving the civil service though, there's no hope for a diploma holder in there unless you want to be a support staff for you entire life......

The job title can also be called a system analyst after some clarification. They did a benchmark on how much i was drawing previously and increased accordingly. My question is based on my scenario, is this the range of salary for this role that i should be drawing ?

Unregistered 22-02-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jkon (Post 21171)
Hi, not really convenient to reveal which company though but what i can say is that its in the insurance industry. Anyway level 1 referring to fresh entry graduates and level 2 is referring to personnel with some working experiences. This is what i was told. I was offered the vacancy but i was thinking if i could negotiate abit more and i was wondering if there will be adverse effect as i indicated the expected salary in my resume.

TBH I think the company is smoking you. There is no way that a L2 Associate Analyst can be offered only 2.3k, even junior business analyst roles in most companies for fresh degree grads or very experience poly grads are paying about 3k. Your co. is finance industry some more should be higher still

Only 2 possible explanations:

1) They are trying to hammer your wages down in an attempt to cut cost or keep within some super tight budget. Maybe the previous person got short change with low wages and now the dept does not have additional budget for anything higher than status quo.

2) This isn’t really a Business Analyst Senior Associate role, it’s probably some junior admin non-executive job with a fancy title

Judging by the fact they are offering to people with no relevant experience and no degree, I think most likely is #2.

IMO w/o any relevant experience or degree, it’s hard to ask for >$2.3k anyway as they are essentially paying for a diploma freshie. The choice is yours, if you really want to tryout or keen to enter finance industry, can consider taking up.

But just walk in with open eyes that the job you will be doing for the next 2 years is not Business Analyst, but most likely something along the lines of System/Network/Platform Administrator.

chipndale 20-08-2012 01:44 AM

Hi, I would like to ask... is $2800 enough for business analyst fresh grad?

Unregistered 20-08-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipndale (Post 27643)
Hi, I would like to ask... is $2800 enough for business analyst fresh grad?

Fresh grad is 3-3.4k now.