UCD degree from Kaplan - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Education and Personal Growth

Education and Personal Growth Schools, further studies, getting ready for employment, and motivation stuff

UCD degree from Kaplan

Old 26-10-2013, 08:33 AM

Yugi is on a distinguished road

Hihi anyone taking UCD course? I'm student for intake 44.

Old 24-09-2014, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Is University College Dublin (UCD) Recognized? FAQs :)

Hi Guys,

I recently when with my friends to Kaplan and spoken to the consultant and manage to get the information that might helps you guys in choosing the correct degree.

Few Points to take note.

1) what is your honors and what is your asking Salary?

If you got a 1st Class Honors, i don see the reason why you are worried about not getting the job? Of course 2nd Upper are not too bad too. I hear from friends that are 1st class honors student, got 2 job offer when he submitted his resume online. Why is that so?

As for Salary wise, if you got a 1st Class Honors, of course you can demand your salary to be higher provided your degree has a specialization. How can you get a higher pay if you are just holding a general Degree like anyone has? You certainly cant ask for more pay!

2) Recognition.

For what i see, When HR chooses candidates, they will first check if the degree offered by the university is from the home country. HR in Singapore will use this Link to check on the school ranking too.

://.topuniversities.com/university-rankings

Of course, I hear the full time and part time studies are totally different in terms of the number of hours they get from the course. I hear its almost double for full time studies. On top of that, taking Full time and part time course, the transcripts will reflect if you are taking Full or Part time.

3) Honors

Honors do plays a part in your life. You always notice people around you saying what "class" is your honors and it a fact that Singapore look into the Honors system high above.

For examples, if you hold a 3rd class honors from a very well known school, will you feel proud about sharing it to everyone? Hey i got a 3rd Class from this school? If employer saw it, the most is that they give "face" to the university while sourcing for other candidates. turn it around, if you are holding 1st class honors with a accredited school, the effect will total be different. That is the fact. People will not look at the school you are from but how well you score. The very reason is Honors reflect your capabilities in work life and effort you have.

4) Validated degree

Previously the degree is validated because on campus does not have Bachelor of Science. But I heard from friends that took up the degree which is commencing Oct, not sure which date, that his course title is renamed and changed to Bachelor of Business Studies. This Matches directly the same as on campus. I also heard that the modules has changes to the more Business Modules which is more beneficial to the student. Apart from this, Validated means the course is cater more to Singapore context which are widely recognized. Just think on this way, If you are in Singapore and in Ireland, the economic policy is totally different. Can you use Ireland Economic policy to apply in Singapore? the answer is NO! Their style is totally different and on top of that, our policy in Singapore is nothing to compared with other countries. That is the very reason why, they would need to validate it.

5) UCD with Kaplan for how long?

UCD has been with Kaplan, previously KPMI, which has been in Singapore for more than 10 years at least. If the degree is not recognize, I think it wont last even 3 years? taking consideration of the first batch of students that graduated.

6) Getting a Job with UCD Degree

I seriously think its depends of your 1st impression. I have seen alot of people well dressed, confident in the interview going for interview and gotten the job with higher chances. It doesnt mean they are good but well it also depends on your Luck. Another thing is that, if you would to source for jobs, Do it in the morning! you can send your resume in the evening but not midnight. When HR saw your Email sending at 4am what does this reflect? it means when you come for work, you will bound to be late.

To all job Seekers, be confident and the night before interview, try not to drink too much water as it might make your face bloated and you can sleep early too. If you look fresh, there additional chances that you might get employed.

That is all i know for sharing, if you guys got any questions, feel free to reply the threat and i try to help you if i can! haha Like some pro

Cheers,
Tidus Lew

Old 24-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Is University College Dublin (UCD) Recognized? FAQs :)

Sorry for some typo! :X

Hi Guys,

I recently went with my friends to Kaplan and spoken to the consultant and manage to get the information that might helps you guys in choosing the correct degree.

Few Points to take note.

1) what is your honors and what is your asking Salary?

If you got a 1st Class Honors, i don see the reason why you are worried about not getting the job? Of course 2nd Upper are not too bad too. I hear from friends that are 1st class honors student, got 2 job offer when he submitted his resume online. Why is that so?

As for Salary wise, if you got a 1st Class Honors, of course you can demand your salary to be higher provided your degree has a specialization. How can you get a higher pay if you are just holding a general Degree like anyone has? You certainly cant ask for more pay!

2) Recognition.

For what i see, When HR chooses candidates, they will first check if the degree offered by the university is from the home country. HR in Singapore will use this Link to check on the school ranking too.

://.topuniversities.com/university-rankings

Of course, I hear the full time and part time studies are totally different in terms of the number of hours they get from the course. I hear its almost double for full time studies. On top of that, taking Full time and part time course, the transcripts will reflect if you are taking Full or Part time.

3) Honors

Honors do plays a part in your life. You always notice people around you saying what "class" is your honors and it a fact that Singapore look into the Honors system high above.

For examples, if you hold a 3rd class honors from a very well known school, will you feel proud about sharing it to everyone? Hey i got a 3rd Class from this school? If employer saw it, the most is that they give "face" to the university while sourcing for other candidates. turn it around, if you are holding 1st class honors with a accredited school, the effect will total be different. That is the fact. People will not look at the school you are from but how well you score. The very reason is Honors reflect your capabilities in work life and effort you have.

4) Validated degree

Previously the degree is validated because on campus does not have Bachelor of Science. But I heard from friends that took up the degree which is commencing Oct, not sure which date, that his course title is renamed and changed to Bachelor of Business Studies. This Matches directly the same as on campus. I also heard that the modules has changes to the more Business Modules which is more beneficial to the student. Apart from this, Validated means the course is cater more to Singapore context which are widely recognized. Just think on this way, If you are in Singapore and in Ireland, the economic policy is totally different. Can you use Ireland Economic policy to apply in Singapore? the answer is NO! Their style is totally different and on top of that, our policy in Singapore is nothing to compared with other countries. That is the very reason why, they would need to validate it.

5) UCD with Kaplan for how long?

UCD has been with Kaplan, previously KPMI, which has been in Singapore for more than 10 years at least. If the degree is not recognize, I think it wont last even 3 years? taking consideration of the first batch of students that graduated.

6) Getting a Job with UCD Degree

I seriously think its depends of your 1st impression. I have seen alot of people well dressed, confident in the interview going for interview and gotten the job with higher chances. It doesnt mean they are good but well it also depends on your Luck. Another thing is that, if you would to source for jobs, Do it in the morning! you can send your resume in the evening but not midnight. When HR saw your Email sending at 4am what does this reflect? it means when you come for work, you will bound to be late.

To all job Seekers, be confident and the night before interview, try not to drink too much water as it might make your face bloated and you can sleep early too. If you look fresh, there additional chances that you might get employed.

That is all i know for sharing, if you guys got any questions, feel free to reply the threat and i try to help you if i can! haha Like some pro

Cheers,
Tidus Lew

Old 13-07-2017, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Default Crappy ucd/kaplan

This is private institution more interested in profits. The truth is they do not have good lecturers and degree achieved is as lame as it can get
Old 07-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is private institution more interested in profits. The truth is they do not have good lecturers and degree achieved is as lame as it can get
care to share more?