Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Education and Personal Growth (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/)
-   -   UCD degree from Kaplan (https://forums.salary.sg/education-personal-growth/2772-ucd-degree-kaplan.html)

cayden 27-05-2013 07:38 PM

UCD degree from Kaplan

Anyone from this course? Want to take up marketing and this degree comes with honors. Any one can give some advice?

KCK 30-05-2013 05:55 PM

UCD master degree student

What do you want to hear? I'm a MSc Management part-time student in the UCD/Kaplan.

The blab blab from Kaplan is all true, except for the fact the AMBA accreditation is only for MBA programs. So the UCD degrees at Kaplan are accredited for AACSB and EQUIS, but not by AMBA.

But the UCD school of business's MBA degree is all triple crown accredited.

cayden 03-06-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCK (Post 37784)
What do you want to hear? I'm a MSc Management part-time student in the UCD/Kaplan.

The blab blab from Kaplan is all true, except for the fact the AMBA accreditation is only for MBA programs. So the UCD degrees at Kaplan are accredited for AACSB and EQUIS, but not by AMBA.

But the UCD school of business's MBA degree is all triple crown accredited.

Did you took your degree from UCD too? Want to know more like recgonition as UCD is a validated degree, meaning on actual campus, what I get from kaplan does not appear on their campus

Unregistered 03-06-2013 04:27 PM

To be honest its not very recognized. Heard of too many peers who went out to look for jobs and had this feedback in both pte and public sector.

Was from it myself and in the end it was more due to my hard work than the actual paper that made my bosses accept my qualifications.

cayden 03-06-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 38001)
To be honest its not very recognized. Heard of too many peers who went out to look for jobs and had this feedback in both pte and public sector.

Was from it myself and in the end it was more due to my hard work than the actual paper that made my bosses accept my qualifications.

you serious? what course did you took? what happen to your peers then?

Unregistered 04-06-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cayden (Post 38005)
you serious? what course did you took? what happen to your peers then?

Yes.

Finance.

1 ended up looking for job for over a year. 1 carried on working back-office at Dip pay. 1 ended up become diving instructor. Too many variations.

It also depends on your competing pool. If you are aiming for more lucrative jobs, the more prestigious the uni the better your chances. UCD ranking has been dropping so it can be a gamble to be honest.

cayden 04-06-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 38048)
Yes.

Finance.

1 ended up looking for job for over a year. 1 carried on working back-office at Dip pay. 1 ended up become diving instructor. Too many variations.

It also depends on your competing pool. If you are aiming for more lucrative jobs, the more prestigious the uni the better your chances. UCD ranking has been dropping so it can be a gamble to be honest.

How come its that bad? You didn't had any experience prior to your graduation? Did you get a good honors and tried to apply for management associate at banks?

Unregistered 05-06-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cayden (Post 38100)
How come its that bad? You didn't had any experience prior to your graduation? Did you get a good honors and tried to apply for management associate at banks?

Eh, actually I am doing pretty decent out of the lot. But generally not all my peers are doing well. Moreover my batch was when UCD was within top 100 unis (based on QSW rankings).

Basically I'm just cautioning the fact that the paper from UCD may not be the stepping stone most people hope it would be and other unis might be viable as you might have to make it a selling point based on your uni's ranking.

rabbit10 18-08-2013 01:22 AM

I am a UCD management graduate but til date, I havent been able to get a "decent" job. :(

yuyyder 03-09-2013 08:32 PM

how is this ?