Benchmark Your Monthly Pay By Age & Gender 2015 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Benchmark Your Monthly Pay By Age & Gender 2015

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 145
admin has disabled reputation
Default Benchmark Your Monthly Pay By Age & Gender 2015

Compare your monthly income by age and/or gender. This is the 2015 edition of our ever popular income comparison tool.

Benchmark Your Monthly Pay By Age & Gender 2015 | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Within the "25 - 29" age group, your gross monthly pay of $6,250
places you at the 94.3th percentile among both genders.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Compare your monthly income by age and/or gender. This is the 2015 edition of our ever popular income comparison tool.

Benchmark Your Monthly Pay By Age & Gender 2015 | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore
Dear admin,

I think the female data is wrong... You can try input $6000 for various age groups and you will get ridiculous answers. I know it is ridiculous cos I have used your benchmarking tool for me and my wife before...

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 145
admin has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear admin,

I think the female data is wrong... You can try input $6000 for various age groups and you will get ridiculous answers. I know it is ridiculous cos I have used your benchmarking tool for me and my wife before...
Hi, thanks for reporting the issue. We have fixed it. Please check and let us know if the answers are still ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 10:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Within the "15 - 24" age group, your gross monthly pay of $550
places you at the 15.6th percentile among males.
You are in the bottom 15.6% of your cohort.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Within the "25 - 29" age group, your gross monthly pay of $8,700
places you at the 98.4th percentile among males.
You are in the top 1.6% of your cohort.

Unfortunate not to be in the top one percent. But its ok, still have a good 3 years to reach my target...
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 10:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi Admin,

The resolution is too coarse. I checked the benchmark for the 50-54 age group (my cohort) and found that any income $12k pm (gross divided by 12) and above is not differentiated. All are lumped under top 8.5%.

A 54 yo guy earns $9k pm with 13th month and 3 months bonus is quite far behind another who earns $15k pm with 13th month and 3 months bonus. Both may be top 8.5% but the first guy will be struggling to maintain a family of 4 (wife is housewife) and kids going into Uni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hi, thanks for reporting the issue. We have fixed it. Please check and let us know if the answers are still ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Admin,

The resolution is too coarse. I checked the benchmark for the 50-54 age group (my cohort) and found that any income $12k pm (gross divided by 12) and above is not differentiated. All are lumped under top 8.5%.

A 54 yo guy earns $9k pm with 13th month and 3 months bonus is quite far behind another who earns $15k pm with 13th month and 3 months bonus. Both may be top 8.5% but the first guy will be struggling to maintain a family of 4 (wife is housewife) and kids going into Uni.
Hi, thanks for reporting the issue. We will look into the matter ASAP.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 11:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, thanks for reporting the issue. We will look into the matter ASAP.
Hi Admin,

Thanks for the swift reply. Please look into it.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 145
admin has disabled reputation
Default

The reason is that the data points only go up to 12k. You may use other comparison tools to do further benchmarking (but each has its pros and cons), e.g. this one:
Compare Your Annual Income 2014 | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

(Btw, one of the posts above posing as admin wasn't written by me. The one ending with "ASAP".)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
benchmark, compare, income, salary

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Benchmark Your Monthly Pay By Age & Gender 2014 admin Income and Jobs 1 20-08-2014 10:28 AM
Compare Your Income by Age & Gender Salary.sg Income and Jobs 37 11-11-2009 12:46 PM
Benchmark Your Monthly Pay By Age & Gender 2009 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 8 19-09-2009 10:16 PM
Benchmark your pay by age group Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 26-02-2008 10:12 PM
IT salary benchmark Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 09-05-2007 03:39 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
50 Replies, 10,581 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
396 Replies, 69,808 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,691 Replies, 1,011,845 Views
Summer Internships 2020
6 Replies, 99 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,977 Replies, 2,183,474 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,315 Replies, 1,468,443 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,541 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 3,121 Views
What is the usual salary for...
4 Replies, 1,785 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 6,048 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,118 Replies, 5,276,303 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 120,664 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 12,027 Views
Career at Keppel
3 Replies, 260 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 94,519 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 74,354 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 325,381 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,573 Replies, 1,219,580 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
6 Replies, 1,770 Views
merit increment in civil service ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 37,145 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,510 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,067 Views
Save A LOT on your Vitamins
5 Replies, 3,118 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 13,835 Views
Finding freelance web developer...
0 Replies, 107 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
877 Replies, 715,843 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 79,592 Views
No progression in civil service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 20,875 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2