MIT course online - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MIT course online

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
yice is on a distinguished road
Default MIT course online

Anyone out there did electronics engineering course with MIT online?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You might as well go and order an instant printed degree from an Ivy league... if you are really willing to try this kind of online degree course... I'm also quite quite sure employers will not be recognise this type of qualification... Dun waste your time and money..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yice View Post
Anyone out there did electronics engineering course with MIT online?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Absolutely pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yice View Post
Anyone out there did electronics engineering course with MIT online?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
yice is on a distinguished road
Default thanks but....

Thanks for the adviced but a friend of mine already taken up the course.
I placed a thread looking for online tutor for the course but no one reply..
So thought maybe to check out anyone on the course too...
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yice View Post
Thanks for the adviced but a friend of mine already taken up the course.
I placed a thread looking for online tutor for the course but no one reply..
So thought maybe to check out anyone on the course too...
Nobody is interested. Everyone wants to work in a bank these days. Your friend (or is it you) bucks the trend, but not in a good way definitely.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
yice is on a distinguished road
Default thanks

Thanks for the advice. He is already in the course so there's nothing much I can say.
Will see how then. Thanks.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You might want to offer your friend some good advice to cut his losses while he still can....
He's too naive to think that he can associate himself with the prestige of a "MIT" degree... Come on lah.. an entire bachelor degree program delivered online?? How will the students get to have hands-on lab experiment sessions, face to face tutorial sessions, class quizzes and examinations? how to conduct all these via the internet??!! You must be mad to think that employers will dare to employ someone who attained their degree through this kind of channel... Insane!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yice View Post
Thanks for the advice. He is already in the course so there's nothing much I can say.
Will see how then. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You might want to offer your friend some good advice to cut his losses while he still can....
He's too naive to think that he can associate himself with the prestige of a "MIT" degree... Come on lah.. an entire bachelor degree program delivered online?? How will the students get to have hands-on lab experiment sessions, face to face tutorial sessions, class quizzes and examinations? how to conduct all these via the internet??!! You must be mad to think that employers will dare to employ someone who attained their degree through this kind of channel... Insane!!!
Some employers don't bother to find out if it's online or not. I remember many years ago, I had a colleague with an "Oxford" degree, but it's actually a distance learning one. He got into a government agency, moved on to IT consulting, and then went into banking T&O.

Some employers don't even check if it's a bogus degree. They simply don't care.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
yice is on a distinguished road
Default I see....

I am not very good at all these but since he asked me to look for tutor... So just help him check online anyone can help or interested ....
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

He was lucky to have make it... but you don't expect this to be a winning formula for everybody right?? If really everybody can take this easy way out and get aways with it... then NTU/NUS would have closed shop long ago already... These days, HR in civil service will really make sure they screen your whole family line until your ancestors in china are also identified... Not so easy to cheat them these days.. somemore everybody is a graduate these days, employers can cherry-pick only the ones from the very best universities.. Employers actually DO CARE where their employee received their education...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some employers don't bother to find out if it's online or not. I remember many years ago, I had a colleague with an "Oxford" degree, but it's actually a distance learning one. He got into a government agency, moved on to IT consulting, and then went into banking T&O.

Some employers don't even check if it's a bogus degree. They simply don't care.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» 30 Recent Threads
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
94 Replies, 22,408 Views
anyone work as trainer with...
2 Replies, 1,804 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program...
7 Replies, 3,187 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,946 Replies, 1,806,218 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
488 Replies, 107,791 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,015 Replies, 278,378 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,888 Replies, 6,017,627 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
234 Replies, 144,782 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 831,402 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,726 Replies, 3,166,220 Views
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021 ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 2,295 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 230,096 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
122 Replies, 47,039 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,453 Replies, 2,046,102 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,087 Replies, 3,880,541 Views
How much do you need to retire... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 2,452 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 167,938 Views
Banker or Financial Advisor Career...
9 Replies, 1,163 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
157 Replies, 40,337 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
145 Replies, 53,957 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
422 Replies, 276,538 Views
Python programmer skillz and pay
3 Replies, 359 Views
What are your struggles having...
0 Replies, 146 Views
You Can Buy Happiness
8 Replies, 6,719 Views
I need advice
3 Replies, 547 Views
Sharing my Passive and Active...
8 Replies, 2,191 Views
Anyone work in AVA Animal Health... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 6,006 Views
How much does a typical FP&A... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 1,894 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2