Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 20-10-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (bryan) (Post 73943)
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how much i will get if i switch over from SAF to a ministry/stat board?

When my bond ends, i would have 6 years of experience in the sAf, if that counts towards anything at all?

First class honors from a UK institute. MEngg in aeronautics. I heard MEngg is not regarded as a full masters in singapore?

Want to get a sense of the amount of paycut i will have to bear.

Someone who has been working in the ministry for 6 years would be earning about 6k.

What is ur vocation in saf? Any transferable hard skills?

Unregistered (bryan) 20-10-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73944)
Someone who has been working in the ministry for 6 years would be earning about 6k.

What is ur vocation in saf? Any transferable hard skills?

I see..thanks for your reply!
I am an air force engineer by vocation, but have been dealing with Network systems.
I am at my second tour now, also working on networks, but more on the capability development and writing Policies.
Transferable hard skills, probably v little, unless capdev and policy making is counted?

toto 24-10-2015 09:27 PM

Hi all,

Can I ask if all local uni grads start off at MX13? I was offered MX12 in a stat board and is curious if this is normal? I'm a female fresh grad btw.

Unregistered 25-10-2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73420)
any highfliers manage to hit 5kish after 3-4 years of service? (assume male with ns when u started)

I joined in Mar 2014 and is receiving about $4870 now. 1st Class, male in NS.

Got a bit lucky, was able to get the wage adjustment and promoted with a B grading in the first year. Got a confirmation increment also.

Unregistered 26-10-2015 11:51 AM

For diploma holder with 13years experience with 2 and a half year serving NS, what is the salary i'm looking at with People's Association at a new hub and at which grade? Im in design field. Thanks in advance

Unregistered 26-10-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (bryan) (Post 73945)
I see..thanks for your reply!
I am an air force engineer by vocation, but have been dealing with Network systems.
I am at my second tour now, also working on networks, but more on the capability development and writing Policies.
Transferable hard skills, probably v little, unless capdev and policy making is counted?

Try applying MINDEF as DXO, or applying to DSTA

Unregistered 28-10-2015 02:34 AM

Hi, recently I went to sign on under SAF MES scheme.

I am a fresh graduate from NTU, with a master degree and second upper for my bachelor. I took my master degree immediately after my bachelor.

However, I was offered a second upper bachelor pay, which is lower than first class pay. They told me my master degree would not be taken into account when computing the pay. Basically, it is useless and will only be chunk somewhere insignificant in my profile.

Do anyone know if this is actually the truth or is the hr bluffing me?

Unregistered 28-10-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74292)

I am a fresh graduate from NTU, with a master degree and second upper for my bachelor. I took my master degree immediately after my bachelor.

However, I was offered a second upper bachelor pay, which is lower than first class pay. They told me my master degree would not be taken into account when computing the pay. Basically, it is useless and will only be chunk somewhere insignificant in my profile.

Unfortunately, I think it is true. I only know one instance of someone getting masters pay in the civil service and that's because the department encouraged him to take it and even paid for it.

Unregistered 28-10-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74292)

Yes, this is true. For fresh graduate entry, they consider the first degree for salary computation. As you take your Masters immediately after you obtained the first degree, it will not be considered.

The only time when they consider Masters is for those who are sponsored to do full time Master. Increment will be given since they are considered as experience.

Unregistered 29-10-2015 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74310)
Yes, this is true. For fresh graduate entry, they consider the first degree for salary computation. As you take your Masters immediately after you obtained the first degree, it will not be considered.

The only time when they consider Masters is for those who are sponsored to do full time Master. Increment will be given since they are considered as experience.

Thanks for your replies.

That's quite disheartening to know, especially since I graduated with a second upper bachelor and was hoping my masters will bump my salary to first class. Looks like second upper with masters < first class :(

Oh well.....