Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 03-02-2011 09:38 AM

dxo offers more bonuses and a gratuity...if you stay for 4 yrs or more.

Unregistered 03-02-2011 03:39 PM

MOE Admin manager

Hi,

is anyone here in the admin manager role with MOE? Can advise what is the career prospects for this role? Also, how's the interview process like and what happens when someone gets accepted to the role (training etc)?

I am currently in the private sector and is thinking of doing mid career switch for better work life balance... Currently drawing approx $5.8K. Saw in the MOE website that the payscale for an Admin Manager is from $2.4K ~ $4.4k. Does that mean that I will have to take a pay cut, or will they match my pay or is there any possibility of a slight pay increment?

Appreciate some advice please. TIA and happy CNY!

Unregistered 03-02-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9258)
Hi Bro

Just want to ask around. Currently i having salary of 3700. With a Master degree in Mechanical engineering in NTU.

Between ASTAR as senior officer and join as an dxo execuitve officer in accidental and preventation, which one should i join? and how much salary should i expect?

Thank You

Neither.
Try DSTA.

Unregistered 03-02-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9105)
Hi,

Can Bobo or anyone pls suggest how much should I be expecting if I join DSTA with 3.5 yrs of experience as a engineer in GLC (local MNC)?

I got 2nd lower honours(NTU). My current annual pay is abt $55000

Thanks.

2 years of experience, 2 years at DSTA, was making about 51k p.a. basic.
That was 3 years ago.

Unregistered 03-02-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 8996)
for those with about 60K annual income, approx 5 yrs working experience, how many hours do you put in a day? Do you get to knock off on time or have to work under tight deadlines/overtime most of the time?

My friend's friend earns 4K a mth as a poly lecturer, i think she will get about 2.5mths bonus on the average which gives her approx 58K per annum. She gets to knock off on time (no later than 7pm) except for some days when there are school meetings.

just a 2K difference and I work on average until 8-9pm everyday and high work stress. Not sure if it's worth it, thinking of caving in and taking life easy.

Please soldier on and do not give up!!!

Unregistered 03-02-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 8718)
4 yrs exp, 3rd cls hon, eng. Is asking $3.5k reasonable? Thanks.

Stat board?
Way too low...

Unregistered 03-02-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9286)
2 years of experience, 2 years at DSTA, was making about 51k p.a. basic.
That was 3 years ago.

Do you mean that you had worked in DSTA for 2 years (aka mean 2 years of exp working in DSTA)? or Otherwise? please elaborate?

And during that 2 years there in DSTA (I assume starting from fresh degree grad) your annual BASIC is $51000(Is it exclusive of AWS & performance bonus?),

$51000 annual basic mean $4250/month basic (exclusive AWS & PB)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So how much can I expect if I want to jump from local GLC (already with 3.5 years exp) to DSTA. My current annual salary abt ($55000 inclusive AWS & bonus)
2 Lower honours degree

Unregistered 04-02-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9248)
P.B normally is 2 to 2.5 months on avg and increment is like 3% on average so for you probably $108?

it all depends...promotion is like maybe 6% to your next grade 13?

1) which uni you from? degree u took?
2) Number of years of experience?
the above 2 questions play a part too...

Hi, then may I know how much salary are you drawing, Grade 12?

If I'm correct, you should be in local uni, and hence, higher...

Unregistered 05-02-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9290)
Do you mean that you had worked in DSTA for 2 years (aka mean 2 years of exp working in DSTA)? or Otherwise? please elaborate?

And during that 2 years there in DSTA (I assume starting from fresh degree grad) your annual BASIC is $51000(Is it exclusive of AWS & performance bonus?),

$51000 annual basic mean $4250/month basic (exclusive AWS & PB)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So how much can I expect if I want to jump from local GLC (already with 3.5 years exp) to DSTA. My current annual salary abt ($55000 inclusive AWS & bonus)
2 Lower honours degree

Started at DSTA fresh.
After 2 years there, $51K p.a. thereabouts, excluding AWS and PB. (Typically the "additionals" will come up to about 4 months or so.)

Thus, I was saying 2 years of XP ~ $51K. Note that I proved myself after slightly over a year.
Of course, your XP needs to be relevant.

Unregistered 05-02-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9321)
Started at DSTA fresh.
After 2 years there, $51K p.a. thereabouts, excluding AWS and PB. (Typically the "additionals" will come up to about 4 months or so.)

Thus, I was saying 2 years of XP ~ $51K. Note that I proved myself after slightly over a year.
Of course, your XP needs to be relevant.

1. Can I know what is the starting pay of yours when you are fresh grad just entering DSTA?
2. Are you 1st class, 2nd upper or 2nd lower, or scholar?

From what I know from my friends, in 2007, DSTA ofter fresh grad degree
-2nd lower basic($3280/mth or $39360/year) excluding AWS and PB
-2nd upper basic($3580/mth or $42960/year) excluding AWS and PB
-1st class basic($3880/mth or $46560/year) excluding AWS and PB

I dunno how is the rate now?

Base on your given reference, $51000 annual basic after 2 years in DSTA seem to be like someone with 1st class honors degree, assuming with 1 pro-rated annual increment(for 1st year), 1 full annual increment & 1 promotion(in the 2nd year).

my assumption
pro-rated AI(annual increment) abt 3%
full AI abt 4-5%
promotion abt 4-5%

How much is AI for average performer? Can provide info?
How much is promotional increment for average performer? Can provide info?