Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 29-01-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9184)
MOM recently obtained Singapore Quality Award. It is a good organisation with a nice culture. You should also check out the awards it obtained from Singapore HR awards organised by SHRI.

I am a civil servant with friends in MOM. Not many of them have resigned/posted out of MOM. They just rotate within MOM.

how much salary can I expect if I join MOM, currently with 3.5 years of exp from ST engineering. 2nd lower class NTU

Unregistered 29-01-2011 12:24 PM

How much increment and pb for public hosp

Hi, can anyone advise me on the increment that an Exe will be getting?

I joined a public hospital as an executive but they gave me one grade higher than the entry grade.

What would be the increment for this grade wjich is called Grade 12.

I was told the PB in hosp would be like 1.5 to 2 mths... Is that true?

Pls help ....

Unregistered 30-01-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9184)
MOM recently obtained Singapore Quality Award. It is a good organisation with a nice culture. You should also check out the awards it obtained from Singapore HR awards organised by SHRI.

I am a civil servant with friends in MOM. Not many of them have resigned/posted out of MOM. They just rotate within MOM.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I am the person interested joining MOM.

Can i know if it is easy to request for the transfer to other ministries should such a need ever arise?

Also, will MOM match my current salary for mid career change?

Thank you very much once again!

Unregistered-9090 30-01-2011 09:17 PM

what u said about them is very true. -the uncool part. they like to buy bags of fruits during lunch time when there are fruit sales in the office.

Unregistered 30-01-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9202)
Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I am the person interested joining MOM.

Can i know if it is easy to request for the transfer to other ministries should such a need ever arise?

Also, will MOM match my current salary for mid career change?

Thank you very much once again!

they will pay according to exp

Unregistered 30-01-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9205)
they will pay according to exp

hello, thank you for your quick reply!

would self employment constitue a form of experience? i have good experiences which come from self employment, not quantifiable through normal means of employment.

that is the reason why I'm doing well in the current job that I'm in, because i came from a very different background from the rest (employment) hence I'm on the director path since the boss sees an entreprenuerial flair within me.

does self employment constitue that? would they consider it as a fom of "pseudo employment experience"

thank you once again!

Unregistered 31-01-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9187)
Hi, can anyone advise me on the increment that an Exe will be getting?

I joined a public hospital as an executive but they gave me one grade higher than the entry grade.

What would be the increment for this grade wjich is called Grade 12.

I was told the PB in hosp would be like 1.5 to 2 mths... Is that true?

Pls help ....

Hi, there

Are you from local Uni (what coursE) and which hospital or department are u in now?

I also joined at Grade 12.

Unregistered 31-01-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9210)
Hi, there

Are you from local Uni (what coursE) and which hospital or department are u in now?

I also joined at Grade 12.

Hi, I think it would be awkward if we introduce ourselves here because I am actually more inclined to discuss about the pay structure. Hope you understand. :)

But I am offered 3600 and just started working not too long ago, and wondering what is the pay increment and PB like.

This is because I have some friends telling me that the increment is like only 2 digits (less than $100) for an Executive?! And this is not even pro-rated!

No offense to the others, but I thought it would be pathetic to draw this amount.

Unregistered 31-01-2011 02:02 PM

Grad

How many years of working experience do u have? 3600 is a very good salary if u r a fresh grad.

Meatos 31-01-2011 02:47 PM

I'm the 34 year old guy getting $4662 earlier (if I stay till april I will probably get the annual increment); I just got a job offer for an junior executive position - they are offering $4100, below my expected salary, but said there are lots of prospects, the usual stuff.

Am I already considered lagging behind from where I am? I am still MX12 after 7 years, which is strange to me because every year I get a 2-2.5 month performance bonus. And I haven't hit the MX12 cap either; still got 2 or 3 years to go. My peers have been MX11 for about 2 years already.

What factors should I consider, or should I just disregard this offer altogether?