Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 16-03-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22425)
Why still no news of salary revision for uniformed service??

The salary revision for some of the uniformed side is already out. Which uniform are you wearing?

Unregistered 16-03-2012 09:01 PM

Anyone know how much is a manager salary for AIC? Agency of integrated care.

Unregistered 17-03-2012 12:12 AM

PB is out!!!

Unregistered 17-03-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22449)
PB is out!!!

cannot access the pac@gov. Maybe too many civil servants are logging in right now.

Unregistered 17-03-2012 12:29 AM

is there growth bonus?

Unregistered 17-03-2012 02:39 AM

From Pte Sector to Govt Agency as MSO

Hi All,

I would like to to know how much the government is willing to pay me from private sector to public government agency?

Qualification: Bachelors Degree in Accountancy (From Austrlia)

Previous Qualification: Local Polytechnic Diploma holder in Accountacny

No. of years of working experiences: 5 years in related field of studies.

Job applied: Executive, Finance Department

Asking salary to government agency: $3,800 to $4,200 (is it too high or too low?) Please advise and also quote the salary range for my case. Thanks.

Current Salary: $3,500

And last but not least: What will be my MSO grade since I will be going for interview soon.

Please advise and a trillion advance thanks first ahead:)

Unregistered 17-03-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22461)
Hi All,

I would like to to know how much the government is willing to pay me from private sector to public government agency?

Asking salary to government agency: $3,800 to $4,200 (is it too high or too low?) Please advise and also quote the salary range for my case. Thanks.

And last but not least: What will be my MSO grade since I will be going for interview soon.

i guess i was in a similar situation a few years ago with regards to current salary, academic credentials and years of working experienece, except that i am in the technical line.

There are a few popular means to forecast the expected salary.

1) Multiply your current monthly salary (don't fact in bonus or AWS) by 17.5 and then divide it by 15.5.

2) Add a lumpsum of $500 to your current salary. I suspect this is more applicable where the current pay is between 3500 to 4000, which was the case for me.

Also note that the abovementioned approach is quite average in nature.

I had seen people asking for 20% increment, with the deal being settled eventually for 15%.
There are also hearsays that the government only allows for 5% increment, which i do not think is true for all cases.

In cases where your future bosses are influential or high ranking, they can always seek approval from senior management to justify the higher asking pay. This is not uncommon.

Unregistered 17-03-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22461)
Hi All,

by the way, which Australian Uni are u from? Did u actually fly to Australia to study or is it an external degree/distance learning?

cslee 17-03-2012 11:56 AM

In most cases that I encounter, unless you are grossly underpaid in private sector, It's not likely that Civil Service would give you a raise. But if you do perform well and was paid below your "peers", highlight this to your boss in your confirmation appraisal and your next promotion may come sooner than expected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22469)
i guess i was in a similar situation a few years ago with regards to current salary, academic credentials and years of working experienece, except that i am in the technical line.

There are a few popular means to forecast the expected salary.

1) Multiply your current monthly salary (don't fact in bonus or AWS) by 17.5 and then divide it by 15.5.

2) Add a lumpsum of $500 to your current salary. I suspect this is more applicable where the current pay is between 3500 to 4000, which was the case for me.

Also note that the abovementioned approach is quite average in nature.

I had seen people asking for 20% increment, with the deal being settled eventually for 15%.
There are also hearsays that the government only allows for 5% increment, which i do not think is true for all cases.

In cases where your future bosses are influential or high ranking, they can always seek approval from senior management to justify the higher asking pay. This is not uncommon.

Unregistered 17-03-2012 01:22 PM

astrydr thi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22470)
by the way, which Australian Uni are u from? Did u actually fly to Australia to study or is it an external degree/distance learning?

Thanks for the knowledgable advices.

I grad from SIM-RMIT last year. I did a 2 years part-time degree, while working in the private sector for the past 5 years....

So, if I ask for $4,500 (after round up to nearest hundred) base on my current $3,500 (and using the multiply 17.5 divide by 15.5 method and plus additional $500), is it possible?

Or do I ask for a 20% increment to $4,200 n then the government offer me $4,000 (after a 15% increment)?

Which is the ideal amount to tell my prospective superior when I go for my interview soon?

Please advise and thanks in advance:)