Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 23-08-2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71812)
Rooftops is referring to the invert chevrons on a warrant officer rank.
2/3 rooftops = WO1 or SWO2

I'm aiming for Encik rank and earn 5-6k by late 30s/early 40s. Very possible as long there is no major screw ups in my career.

I see, then I think it is a very viable career and successful path for diploma holders. All the best, encik!

Unregistered 23-08-2015 03:02 PM

Is it normal for fresh grads to be offered a 2 years contract under stat boards?
What is the difference between gross salary and monthly salary? Which is the one that one will be getting?
There is also this variable component in which the monthly salary + variable component = gross salary.
The minimum salary under the salary for my grade is higher than the monthly salary too. Can someone shed some light on these issues? Thanks!

Unregistered 23-08-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71861)
Is it normal for fresh grads to be offered a 2 years contract under stat boards?
What is the difference between gross salary and monthly salary? Which is the one that one will be getting?
There is also this variable component in which the monthly salary + variable component = gross salary.
The minimum salary under the salary for my grade is higher than the monthly salary too. Can someone shed some light on these issues? Thanks!

normal. in fact, among my coursemates who just graduated, im not aware of anyone who is offered a perm contract from min/sb.

gross is what you will be getting.

Unregistered 23-08-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71862)
normal. in fact, among my coursemates who just graduated, im not aware of anyone who is offered a perm contract from min/sb.

gross is what you will be getting.

As gross consists of variable component, will the pay received every month be different?
What about the 13th month bonus? Is it a separate entity from the variable component? Thanks!

Unregistered 23-08-2015 03:36 PM

Anyone knows what the starting salary for a MX13 fresh grad guy with pass degree? Most agencies have removed the salary info, I see that a MX13 fresh grad girl gets 2,960.

Unregistered 23-08-2015 04:21 PM

anyone knows the annual package structure for an associate and a manager in NLB?

Unregistered 23-08-2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71812)
Rooftops is referring to the invert chevrons on a warrant officer rank.
2/3 rooftops = WO1 or SWO2

I'm aiming for Encik rank and earn 5-6k by late 30s/early 40s. Very possible as long there is no major screw ups in my career.

Anyone else thinking it is a little too optimistic to be aiming for 5-6k for diploma holder in civil service? I don't think I have come across a MSO grade officer being paid that much. It is rare even in uniform group I think!

Any comment?

Unregistered 23-08-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71864)
Anyone knows what the starting salary for a MX13 fresh grad guy with pass degree? Most agencies have removed the salary info, I see that a MX13 fresh grad girl gets 2,960.

Yea many remove the salary info. I want to ask is it a given that males will receive NS extra for starting pay? I'm offered 3.6k from a min, my female classmate will confirm get lesser?

Unregistered 23-08-2015 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71882)
Yea many remove the salary info. I want to ask is it a given that males will receive NS extra for starting pay? I'm offered 3.6k from a min, my female classmate will confirm get lesser?

yea, confirm.

Unregistered 24-08-2015 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71883)
yea, confirm.

Wanna ask the bros here. I ask HR how the NS difference is calculated then the admin girl simply say "2 years lor". I sensed her bochapness so didn't pressed on with my question. What exactly does she mean? NS stint is recognised as 2 years of experience? Therefore my female classmate will match my starting pay after 2 years, not withstanding bonus and performance? Personally I really want to know how my NS stint is compensated in monetary terms when I enter civil service.