Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 01-10-2015 12:41 AM

heard that recently fresh grads got some salary adjustment.. for those in mx scheme.

anyone knows the revised starting pay for local uni 2nd upper? no ns.

Unregistered 01-10-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73262)
heard that recently fresh grads got some salary adjustment.. for those in mx scheme.

anyone knows the revised starting pay for local uni 2nd upper? no ns.

10chars

Unregistered 04-10-2015 11:37 PM

any highfliers manage to hit 5kish after 3-4 years of service? (assume male with ns when u started)

Unregistered 13-10-2015 07:22 AM

Dxo civil servants?

Sorry, one question, is dxo considered civil servant? Basically entitled to the mid yr + end yr + 13mth bonus + PB paid out to all civil servants? (Sorry I always think dxo are, but a friend told me otherwise)

N also how is end yr bonus calculated if you join halfway thru the year? Pro rated from Jan to dec? Or?

Unregistered 16-10-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73420)
any highfliers manage to hit 5kish after 3-4 years of service? (assume male with ns when u started)

Very doable depending on your starting scale.

Male with NS + 1st class + Master's + stat board (nowadays stat boards pay more) entry pay is already at the top end of the MX13 band, arnd $4.2k.

Assuming a regular promotion to MX12 at some point and nothing else, $200 increment per year for 4 years is easy as long as you dun screw up badly.

Unregistered 16-10-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73787)
Very doable depending on your starting scale.

Male with NS + 1st class + Master's + stat board (nowadays stat boards pay more) entry pay is already at the top end of the MX13 band, arnd $4.2k.

Assuming a regular promotion to MX12 at some point and nothing else, $200 increment per year for 4 years is easy as long as you dun screw up badly.

Male first class is about 4 without masters right? Only 200 more for masters?

Unregistered 16-10-2015 02:20 PM

Im an MX13 on contract for 2 years before confirmation. Expecting to be confirmed next year. Does everyone on contract get an auto C in a ministry for grading?

Unregistered 16-10-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73798)
Im an MX13 on contract for 2 years before confirmation. Expecting to be confirmed next year. Does everyone on contract get an auto C in a ministry for grading?

In general, auto C for first year. But since you are going to be enplaced in the 2nd year, need to be careful because it is not auto C in the 2nd year.

I have seen cases people not getting enplaced after the 2nd year.

Generally, if you can meet the requirements of the job, you should be fine.

Unregistered 20-10-2015 03:18 AM

A junior officer with 7 years of working experience (gross 3.6 pm), achieved a pass deg from one of the instituitions. Any possibility of being able to join HASE and would there be a huge paycut?

Unregistered (bryan) 20-10-2015 08:19 AM

Mid career switch?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how much i will get if i switch over from SAF to a ministry/stat board?

When my bond ends, i would have 6 years of experience in the sAf, if that counts towards anything at all?

First class honors from a UK institute. MEngg in aeronautics. I heard MEngg is not regarded as a full masters in singapore?

Want to get a sense of the amount of paycut i will have to bear.