Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 30-01-2015 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62088)
Hi, can i know how long is the process for hiring? After interview, how long do we have to wait for second interview or an offer from stat board/ministry?

Thanks in advance..

Usually if you are shortlisted for second round or offer a position, they will inform you within a few days.

Unregistered 30-01-2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62089)
Yes, this is the practice now.

What are the chances of not being converted to perm? What sort of grade that's given during performance appraisal that will ruin the chances of being converted? C or do?

Unregistered 30-01-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62088)
Hi, can i know how long is the process for hiring? After interview, how long do we have to wait for second interview or an offer from stat board/ministry?

Thanks in advance..

Which SB? Some SBs are slightly different from the usual ones.

Unregistered 30-01-2015 08:57 PM

Will public sector make an offer to candidate before the job application deadline? I received an offer from a pte firm but still waiting for reply from govt... Job application deadline not due yet but I've been to the interviews. How?

Unregistered 31-01-2015 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62087)
I was offered a 2-yr contract job in a stat board with a chance to convert to perm at the end (if perform well) or contract will be renewable for another year. The JD didn't state that it was a contract position but the hr claimed that this is the norm for new hires in ministries and stat boards nowadays. Anyone can confirm this? Thanks

Depends on statboard. There are a few which offers perm while the rest start with contract first.

Unregistered 31-01-2015 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62095)
Will public sector make an offer to candidate before the job application deadline? I received an offer from a pte firm but still waiting for reply from govt... Job application deadline not due yet but I've been to the interviews. How?

Join the pte firm, you definitely have much better opportunities there than working in govt.

Unregistered 31-01-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62095)

Hiring for public sector take ages and you might end up waiting forever. Take up the pte firm offer if it fits what you're looking for.

Unregistered 31-01-2015 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62091)
What are the chances of not being converted to perm? What sort of grade that's given during performance appraisal that will ruin the chances of being converted? C or do?

If you get D for your performance. When they offer you a two years contract, the grading you get for first year is C. It's the second year performance that counts.

Unregistered 31-01-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62116)
If you get D for your performance. When they offer you a two years contract, the grading you get for first year is C. It's the second year performance that counts.

Not necessary c grade for new comer, it depends on your boss muscle strength. If the boss say give you A grading even if you mess things out, others will get the blame, who dare to say no. Even you don't know anything, you can just be a good salesman n present yourself nicely, be thick skin n you have a great future ahead. if you are those quiet but can work type, you will lose out wherever you are. School should start to teach on the subject about how to act n be successful. n more important is the important of the mastering the fluent of english language used.

Unregistered 31-01-2015 11:55 PM

If I am offered a job in stat board with a base pay of $6200, will I be in MX11 or MX11A?