Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 01-02-2015 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62140)
If I am offered a job in stat board with a base pay of $6200, will I be in MX11 or MX11A?

Depends on whether your stat board uses the same scheme as civil service. I would say it's an MX11-equivalent position.

Unregistered 01-02-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62086)
btw, u guys got the mail, compulsory for Div 2 officers to go for the course taken by Div 1 officers in CSC.. cause of the new gov ruling to narrow down div 2 and div 1 gap.. hopefully this budget in feb good news for div 2 officers...

Don't pin hope on any news. The only hope r your bosses. So what if there r good news for middle age workers, the bosses can still have the power to stop you from progressing, from getting better pay n for a better life. Worst, to make you become regret n depress, is keep promoting the young ones until u work under them. Even if you go upgrade, nothing can be change. Remember the bosses can appraise you but not the other way round. Is this negative thoughts? I would say it is from bad experience.

Unregistered 03-02-2015 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62142)
Depends on whether your stat board uses the same scheme as civil service. I would say it's an MX11-equivalent position.

hr told me I am pal 3 officer

Unregistered 03-02-2015 06:59 PM

Will it seem desperate or pushy if i call hr about status of interview? It's abt 1.5weeks since we met. I don't have any offer yet but the waiting game is driving me mad.. Haha..

Unregistered 03-02-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62225)
Will it seem desperate or pushy if i call hr about status of interview? It's abt 1.5weeks since we met. I don't have any offer yet but the waiting game is driving me mad.. Haha..

what's the point of calling them? if you're not selected calling them won't make you magically make it through. if you did make it through they'd call you without you calling them.

only call if you get another offer and need to make a decision between multiple options.

Unregistered 03-02-2015 07:39 PM

Hi everyone, just wondering, how well is the University of Nottingham regarded in the eyes of the civil service?

I have an offer to study there for masters (already have NTU degree), but don't know whether it will be worth the money. I will be self-funding.

Unregistered 03-02-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62206)
hr told me I am pal 3 officer

Yours sounds like the poly scheme. It's different from the MX scheme. While it's different, usually can determine some kind of mapping of grade bands.

Unregistered 03-02-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62227)
what's the point of calling them? if you're not selected calling them won't make you magically make it through. if you did make it through they'd call you without you calling them.

only call if you get another offer and need to make a decision between multiple options.

Ok lor.. Is 1.5 weeks considered still early? If it's pte sector, after1. week and still no news, i will give up hope. But public, i am not sure...

Unregistered 03-02-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62229)
Hi everyone, just wondering, how well is the University of Nottingham regarded in the eyes of the civil service?

I have an offer to study there for masters (already have NTU degree), but don't know whether it will be worth the money. I will be self-funding.

Probably not. Best case scenario they give you a few hundred more. But in all probability, they will treat you like a fresh grad. Coursework masters is nothing great lol. Its just 1-2 years of study. Some more from a second/third tier UK uni.

Unregistered 04-02-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62241)
Probably not. Best case scenario they give you a few hundred more. But in all probability, they will treat you like a fresh grad. Coursework masters is nothing great lol. Its just 1-2 years of study. Some more from a second/third tier UK uni.

oh i am going to study for career change, don't really care about the pay increase. just wondering if it's 'recognised' and on the same level as NUS/NTU/SMU or seen as 'worse' in civil service's eyes.