Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 04-10-2020 12:38 AM

May I know which grade does a 5.9k Senior Manager (SB) falls under?[/QUOTE]

Can you let us know more about the structure of the SB to advise u better. For eg: what grade does a fresh graduate join us? Assistant manager? How many times must the fresh grad be promoted to reach the Senior Manager grade? Importantly also, the salary ceiling and floor for the Senior Manager grade. We can then advise on the equivalent MX grade.

Unregistered 04-10-2020 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered A.I. Human (Post 146645)
Qns: Is Pay more important or the grade? Does it affects progression?
May I know which grade does a 5.9k Senior Manager (SB) falls under?

5.9 looks like mx11

Unregistered 04-10-2020 10:20 PM

Is govtech has same grading system that you guys mentioned here?

Unregistered 05-10-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146144)
If the job is in a special scheme (e.g. engineer, architect, doctor, statistician), there's also market adjustment component bonuses which can go up to 3 months. Total yearly bonus can be up to 7 months for an average performer.

That's in a normal year. The bonus this year will shrink dramatically.

There will be no MAC this year. So in effect it is a cut of 3-4 months salary for superscale, which already had a cut of 1-2 months. Bosses won't be sympathetic if you complain about your 1-2 months reduction

zaxscd 05-10-2020 04:11 PM

Hi, is this offer considered right?
3 years experience in Private, Last drawn low 4k, Local U, Non-NS.
The SB offer was a high 3k.. Would it be possible to negotiate any further or have them at the very least match my last drawn?

Unregistered 05-10-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146795)
There will be no MAC this year. So in effect it is a cut of 3-4 months salary for superscale, which already had a cut of 1-2 months. Bosses won't be sympathetic if you complain about your 1-2 months reduction

What are you talking about, I'm still receiving my MAC

Unregistered 05-10-2020 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaxscd (Post 146804)
Hi, is this offer considered right?
3 years experience in Private, Last drawn low 4k, Local U, Non-NS.
The SB offer was a high 3k.. Would it be possible to negotiate any further or have them at the very least match my last drawn?

It really depends on the nature of the job. If it's a generalist role/scheme, ask them what's the mx grade this salary is pegged to (I think mx12). Is there confirmation increment? I don't think it's fair to offer lower than your current unless they have fixed components such as allowances, etc. Share the min/agency if possible so that we can avoid.

zaxscd 05-10-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146825)
It really depends on the nature of the job. If it's a generalist role/scheme, ask them what's the mx grade this salary is pegged to (I think mx12). Is there confirmation increment? I don't think it's fair to offer lower than your current unless they have fixed components such as allowances, etc. Share the min/agency if possible so that we can avoid.

Contract, Ops role. What are some ways I can use to negotiate in this case? Thanks!

Unregistered 05-10-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146822)
What are you talking about, I'm still receiving my MAC

Depends on scheme. Which is yours?

Unregistered 06-10-2020 11:14 AM

MAC reduced but still receiving it.