Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 23-09-2015 10:56 PM

2010: 3500++
2015: 5100++

Grad in 2010 NTU engineering 2nd upper hons, male.
currently in SB, wondering if pay is better in ministry

Unregistered 23-09-2015 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72987)

What's your bonus package like, if you don't mind me asking?

Unregistered 24-09-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72987)

still better than working in GLC, 2nd lower engineering NUS(2007) with NS.

average performer, C
2007 - 2.9k
2015 - 4.5k(after 2 promotion)

Unregistered 24-09-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72949)
Is it true that LTA pays better than other stat boards?

I doubt LTA pays more than dsta. Depends on what stat board you are comparing to.

Unregistered 24-09-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73002)
I doubt LTA pays more than dsta. Depends on what stat board you are comparing to.

for non-defense related sb/ministries, LTA is considered one of the better paying one. As far as I know, their monthly pay is higher than MAS, EDB, HSA, and MOH. But in terms of annual package, i am not sure.

Unregistered 24-09-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73004)
for non-defense related sb/ministries, LTA is considered one of the better paying one. As far as I know, their monthly pay is higher than MAS, EDB, HSA, and MOH. But in terms of annual package, i am not sure.

EDIT: figures is accurate as of May this year.

Unregistered 24-09-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73005)
EDIT: figures is accurate as of May this year.

Not too sure actually. 2:1 w ns for EDB/MAS -> 38xx . 1:1 w ns for LTA 39xx . Not sure for rest of the classes.

Source : friends.

Unregistered 24-09-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73012)
Not too sure actually. 2:1 w ns for EDB/MAS -> 38xx . 1:1 w ns for LTA 39xx . Not sure for rest of the classes.

Source : friends.

both MAS and EDB do not differentiate the pay for 2.1 and fch.

Unregistered 26-09-2015 01:11 PM

anyone knows if CEP can change? and how frequent is it reviewed?

Serve the nation 27-09-2015 07:42 PM

Most stat-boards pay better than ministries

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72824)
anyone knows the main difference in pay structure between civil service(ministries) and public service(statboard)????

Most stat-boards pay better than ministries due to the nature of work. The nature of work for stat-boards is operational (i.e. getting the policies implemented on the ground) therefore justifies the higher pay. Operational work is quite tough therefore need to pay them higher. If you look hard enough, you will notice that some public officers have extra allowances such as Overtime or hardship pay. Most officers in ministries just gathers information for policy. During the course of work of a public officer, they are also gathering the required information for the civil servant.

That being said, you will observed that the salary increments in stat-boards are higher and comes with flexi-benefits (ranging from $300 to $800 per year) too. Most stat-boards also allow for higher claim allowances, compared to ministries. Logically, it makes sense to pay the public officer better too. The skill-set of a public officer is more transferable to private sector, so need to pay to retain them.

The worst is to do operational work in ministries. These civil servants need to do the legwork but don't get the same salary as public officers.

One word of advice; If you care for career progression, better stick to public service.

First, due to the nature of public service, many of these stat-board scholars are able to find work in private sector easily. Most of them leave after their bonds. Management tries to retain this batch by offering post-graduate scholarships and bond them for a few more years. Those remaining are just a handful. This means there's not many scholars to compete with in stat-boards.

Second, the stat-board scholars are on a different career path, compared to the Ministry scholars. The gap between the stat-board scholars and farmers are closer therefore the farmer still has fighting chance.

Third, stat-boards are normally larger than ministries. This creates more career progression opportunities.

Fourth, the nature of work in stat-boards are more similar to private sector. This creates more career pathways which translate to more backup plans.

Fifth, stat-boards have more interaction opportunities with private sector. Knowing more people always helps because it creates more career opportunities for yourself.

Lastly, the salaries given by stat-boards are generally higher.