Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 01-04-2015 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64826)
but there is no performance bonus for those in contract position?

I think it may vary across the agencies. But some do give pro-rated PB, depending on when is their appraisal window for the year.

Unregistered 01-04-2015 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64768)
Female, local graduate with first class honours.
Humanities/Social Sciences degree from ntu.
First job started work at stat board in mid 2013.

My salary progression is --
Mid 2013: 3.4k
Mid 2014: 3.6k ,
Got 2 mths PB for work in 2014 .
Apr 2015: ???

Quite a good working r/s with boss, and have been doing stuff more challenging as compared to those in the same grade. I was not promoted in the latest promotion exercise this year. How much increment should i be expecting in 2015 ? And how am I progressing so far? Thanks in advance.

In a statboard doing policy, engineering 1st class, joined late 2013.

Progression:

Aug 2013: $4k
Aug 2014: $4.3k (1 year confirmation)
Feb 2015: $4.65K (Promoted)

Getting my increment soon. Not sure of amount. Hopefully $250-$350 since my PB was 2.5 months.

Unregistered 01-04-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64755)
This was what my friend told me too.

He said those DD and above are usually scholars. If not, they have been in the service for many years and will stay on too.

Rarely do they employ private candidates into these positions unless you are really a 100% match to what they are looking for and there is no one in line for the position.

He said those adv online for DD and above position are for those within the CS/PS to apply. Outsiders totally no case. He asked me to give up hope.

Any truth in what my friend said?

I don't agree that DDs and above in the civil service and stat boards are usually scholars. I've seen quite a number who are not. But I do observe that the ministries and stat boards tend to groom their people and so may have less need to parachute in people from outside for senior positions.

Unregistered 01-04-2015 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64845)
I don't agree that DDs and above in the civil service and stat boards are usually scholars. I've seen quite a number who are not. But I do observe that the ministries and stat boards tend to groom their people and so may have less need to parachute in people from outside for senior positions.

Are LT-Col, full Cols from the military considered as 'outside'? Look at the local universities and poly, you will see a fair bit of them parachute in as Deputy Directors or Directors at least upon their early retirement from the military, after collecting their golden handshake. lucky bunch of people, from high pay, jump to another high pay.

Unregistered 02-04-2015 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64846)
Are LT-Col, full Cols from the military considered as 'outside'? Look at the local universities and poly, you will see a fair bit of them parachute in as Deputy Directors or Directors at least upon their early retirement from the military, after collecting their golden handshake. lucky bunch of people, from high pay, jump to another high pay.

They are somewhere in between. Depends on how they got their jobs. Anyway, universities are not stat boards anymore.

Unregistered 02-04-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64839)

Progression:

Getting my increment soon. Not sure of amount. Hopefully $250-$350 since my PB was 2.5 months.

$4.7K with less than 2 years of work exp..will u be able to command the same pay if u were to join the private sector now?

Unregistered 02-04-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64839)

Progression:

Are you a guy with ns of $200 included?
So you are under what scheme?

I wishes to find out as i consider joining too!

Gryphon 02-04-2015 12:36 PM

Principal Engineer? Principal Executive Service Officer?

What does the principal stands for? What is the next few level, if promoted?

Unregistered 02-04-2015 09:30 PM

usually after the final interview (3rd round), how long will they take to make the decision? havent heard from them for a week, can consider gone case alr?

Unregistered 02-04-2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64903)
usually after the final interview (3rd round), how long will they take to make the decision? havent heard from them for a week, can consider gone case alr?

you didn't ask when you will hear from them again during the interview? i tot that is a must-ask question.
Anyway, just wait for them to contact you. By final round, most of the ministries/sb will have the courtesy to inform you the outcome whether you are hired or rejected.

meanwhile, continue your job search. nothing is confirmed till they give you a verbal offer.