Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 31-03-2015 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64780)
Hi all,*
My friend told me that she as a fresh grad from local uni with good honours was offered a 1 year contract position at one of the statboard.
Apparently, there is no performance bonus to be expected during the 1 year contract. Anyone can validate this?

Is the contract renewable? If its only for a year, there may be gratuity bonus, if its renewable some stat boards have pb some dont. Which stat board is that?

Unregistered 01-04-2015 01:40 AM

I heard that those who get promoted will get an increment which comprises two components: annual merit Increment + promo increment.

I'm at the salary ceiling for the current MX grade I am in.

If I get promoted this year, does it mean that I will only get the promo increment component?

Unregistered 01-04-2015 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64792)
I heard that those who get promoted will get an increment which comprises two components: annual merit Increment + promo increment.

I'm at the salary ceiling for the current MX grade I am in.

If I get promoted this year, does it mean that I will only get the promo increment component?

No you get both increments, govt do not short-change its workers.

Unregistered 01-04-2015 08:49 AM

Anyone knows how long it takes for the ministry to get back to you on a medical checkup after management approval? And how long is the wait between medical and signing of offer letter, will it take more than a month?

Unregistered 01-04-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64789)
Is the contract renewable? If its only for a year, there may be gratuity bonus, if its renewable some stat boards have pb some dont. Which stat board is that?

Yes. The contract is renewable, depending on performance on the 6th month and also subjected to headcount. But there seems to be no PB?

Unregistered 01-04-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64799)
No you get both increments, govt do not short-change its workers.

The new salary range would also apply, which the maximum is more than the maximum of the old salary range.

Unregistered 01-04-2015 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;64780]Hi all,*
My friend told me that she as a fresh grad from local uni with good honours was offered a 1 year contract position at one of the statboard.
Apparently, there is no performance bonus to be expected during the 1 year contract. Anyone can validate this?[/QUOTE

yes . I am interested to find out too since now jobs at statsboard is on a contract basis subjected to renewal for fresh grads from local uni. I appreciate if anyone can share more. Thanks]

Unregistered 01-04-2015 02:43 PM

how come two of my friends (fresh grad) got offered perm positions? I dun think 1 yr contract is the norm?

Unregistered 01-04-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64820)
how come two of my friends (fresh grad) got offered perm positions? I dun think 1 yr contract is the norm?

Are your friends in Ministry or stat board? It is the norm nowadays to offer a "perm" 1 year contract. Under this contract, you will receive the same perks and benefit as with perm staff, with the exception for civil service wide initiatives (i.e. salary adjustment across the board). At the end of the 1 year, base on your performance, you will either be converted to perm, or subject to renewal of contract (if they are not so sure about you yet).

Unregistered 01-04-2015 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64823)
Are your friends in Ministry or stat board? It is the norm nowadays to offer a "perm" 1 year contract. Under this contract, you will receive the same perks and benefit as with perm staff, with the exception for civil service wide initiatives (i.e. salary adjustment across the board). At the end of the 1 year, base on your performance, you will either be converted to perm, or subject to renewal of contract (if they are not so sure about you yet).

but there is no performance bonus for those in contract position?