Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 26-12-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60546)
No need to ask further, obviously this is a high flyer/ very good performer with mostly Bs kind. She got mx11 after working for 5 years... I believe this is above the average norm already?

Trying to ascertain the second criterion for emplacement to mx11a. Prior to knowing about her case, had only heard of the salary criterion.

Unregistered 26-12-2014 08:17 PM

Anybody here can offer me some insight on CSIT vs DSO? Which organization offers better progression 5yrs down the road and what about culture?

Unregistered 26-12-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60534)
Will they consider 2nd lower local uni with NS?

Yes. $3.45k only.

Unregistered 27-12-2014 12:27 AM

Is it diffcult to secure a policy related job for mid-career seekers? I am 27 now. My current job is in the public sector, healthcare.

Unregistered 27-12-2014 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60577)
Is it diffcult to secure a policy related job for mid-career seekers? I am 27 now. My current job is in the public sector, healthcare.

Healthcare policy seems like something which you can explore if you want to get into policy. It's easier to move to other policy roles once you have policy experience.

Unregistered 27-12-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60577)

27? Looking for a job in policy making? From a healthcare public sector? Are you ROY NGERNG? haha.

To answer your question, its hard for ANYONE to get into policy related jobs. SMU/NUS/NTU pumping out so many idealistic humanities/social science grads who think they can make in the public policy. Lots of competition for the very limited jobs. But if you got good honours, you might still be able to make it. I know 2 pol science grads that are in policy. Quite fresh, both 2nd upper. One in mindef, the other in MHA.

Unregistered 27-12-2014 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60580)
27? Looking for a job in policy making? From a healthcare public sector? Are you ROY NGERNG? haha.

To answer your question, its hard for ANYONE to get into policy related jobs. SMU/NUS/NTU pumping out so many idealistic humanities/social science grads who think they can make in the public policy. Lots of competition for the very limited jobs. But if you got good honours, you might still be able to make it. I know 2 pol science grads that are in policy. Quite fresh, both 2nd upper. One in mindef, the other in MHA.

fresh grad looking for jobs with the public service. local uni, second uppers in social science.

what does the day in day out work of a policy role actually entail?

Unregistered 27-12-2014 02:21 PM

increment too little?

2.5 yrs exp engineer
Start 3.9, now 4.3 after 1 pomotion. Ok? bonus include 13th month about 3.5 to 4

Unregistered 27-12-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60591)
2.5 yrs exp engineer
Start 3.9, now 4.3 after 1 pomotion. Ok? bonus include 13th month about 3.5 to 4

Start 3.9? 2nd upper?

Unregistered 27-12-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60580)

Seems like that is the only kind of job these grads can get that pay decently. No idea what else pays so well.