Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 04-08-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54120)
it shows "Salary Range and Point information is not available." for mine

tough luck
not everybody gets the increment.

Unregistered 04-08-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54120)
it shows "Salary Range and Point information is not available." for mine

They may be updating your sal info, which is a gd sign.

Unregistered 05-08-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54149)
They may be updating your sal info, which is a gd sign.

it has been like that since early this year i think. lol.

rollbread 05-08-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54084)
Or if don't want to wait for August payslip, u can check PaC@Gov - Current salary range and point.

Can someone share how to register account for the pac@gov?

Thanks.

Unregistered 05-08-2014 07:37 PM

Anyone from MND or its stat boards? Has the middle of year 5% pay increment taken effect?

Unregistered 05-08-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54226)
Anyone from MND or its stat boards? Has the middle of year 5% pay increment taken effect?

Should be taking place by this Aug? Those in MND and its stat boards already earning so low compared to the rest. If they don't increase, many will leave once they move to JEM?

Unregistered 05-08-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53164)
Seems like u are cherry picking. Having worked in civil service for nearly 20 years, I have seen my fair share of things. There are only 3 'real' grades in civil service - 11 (working), 10 (management), 9 (Senior Management). The truth is that in civil service, very few people reach 9, and if you do get 9 you are likely to be in the enabling (HR/FIN/IT) functions because the more important positions would have been filled by AOs. And you do not get 16K immediately when you hit 9. You start from early 10K, assuming you don't make a single mistake in your first 20-30 year of your career. In addition, you will need to cross the bar to get further. In fact, your pay starts stagnating when your pay edge closer to the bars. Sometimes the increments will be in 100- 200 or in tens. But at the same time, you will also realise that having this much money (round 10K) is enough for decent living. Taking a pay view is really short term, look for intrinsic motivation (e.g., service to the people, returning of goodwill, etc). It keeps you going in the long run. If you are in the run for money, you will be grossly disappointed.

Mister, I must agree with what you said, especially for the parts about the three grades, grade 9 and pay increments closer to bar. Getting grade 9 in service is possible and one doesn't have to be in HR/ FIN/ IT. Just need to choose the agency wisely and the chances will increase, because some agencies are not the target rotation destination for AOs.

Unregistered 06-08-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54047)
Stat boards are free to set their pay structure. Some adopt civil service norms for simplicity. Some don't to really be on par if
Not better than equivalent pte sector counterpart. Eg, mas vs pte banks

that's the sad part, the last 2 digit percentage increment in 2012, we only had 3-5% increment.

This time round where almost everybody is getting something like a 12% increment, still nothing from stat board at all.

It's true that if you are in for the money and recognition, you will be grossly disappointed.

Unregistered 06-08-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54265)
that's the sad part, the last 2 digit percentage increment in 2012, we only had 3-5% increment.

This time round where almost everybody is getting something like a 12% increment, still nothing from stat board at all.

It's true that if you are in for the money and recognition, you will be grossly disappointed.

That's what happened to me in CAAS, many receiving 10% increment elsewhere, we had only 4% despite being stagnant for so long.

Eventually even a new colleague is fetching a higher pay than existing ones. I realised that things weren't going to change so i made the switch.

Unregistered 06-08-2014 05:14 PM

Just Checking

Hi all! I was interviewed for (and likely to be offered) an executive role in policy planning at a top ministry. Just checking the salary range which I should be expecting. Thanks.

Work Experience: Fresh Graduate with NS served
University: NUS
Honours Class: 2nd Upper