Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 06-03-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49001)
Wait till u get ur first year GPA Liao den think wat if u got a first/2nd upper lar... Seen too many freshies.. Come into uni want to be first class hons, in some leadership position, be hall king and queen n live the 'uni life' they dream about... All at the same time... But eventually, 95% of them will be shot down by reality.

I understand your skepticism but i am just here to get a rough feel of what i should expect to achieve in the civil sector if what i had written actually panned out. Any helpful people?

Unregistered 06-03-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48917)
2009 graduated from NUS.

current pay is betw $6.5 - $7k

hows my progress ?

considered very good for peasant class. most peasants will peak at $10k.

elites and blue blooded will start at $10k minimum.

Unregistered 07-03-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

2009 graduated from NUS.

hows my progress ?

Well..he didn't say if he's in private or public sector did he? :) Maybe he included bonus in his calculation? Reading info on this forum is like reading off balance sheets of financial statements if you know what I mean..

Unregistered 07-03-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

2009 graduated from NUS.

hows my progress ?

Pls provide more detail

Wat class of honors?
NS or non-NS
Your 4Xxx starting, can you input the 2nd value of X for more accuracy comparison?

Can you state your progression of salary from 2009 till now?
ie...
2009 - $4Xxx
2010 - ???? (please also state, annual increment or promotion or both or wage adjustment)
2011 - ????
2012 - ????
2013 - ????
2014 - ????

Unregistered 08-03-2014 11:15 AM

I'm a 3rd class eng grad looking for any gen degree job. Which are the easier org that i shld apply to?

Unregistered 08-03-2014 11:31 AM

What do you mean by "easier" and "org"?

Reading your post with such scanty detail, I can only conclude that you are looking for an easy job in the civil service or stat board. With that kind of attitude you will never get pass me in the interview, that is, if my HR happens to short list you for an interview.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49088)
I'm a 3rd class eng grad looking for any gen degree job. Which are the easier org that i shld apply to?

Unregistered 08-03-2014 11:36 AM

What dark ages are you currently stuck at? Peasant class, elites and blue blooded nonsense.

There are many general degree holders who have made good in the CS and are currently bosses of scholars

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49037)
considered very good for peasant class. most peasants will peak at $10k.

elites and blue blooded will start at $10k minimum.

Unregistered 08-03-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49089)
What do you mean by "easier" and "org"?

Reading your post with such scanty detail, I can only conclude that you are looking for an easy job in the civil service or stat board. With that kind of attitude you will never get pass me in the interview, that is, if my HR happens to short list you for an interview.

Lol.. I think he meant easier to get into... Lesser competition.. Org where they won't be receiving thousands of resume the moment they post a job ad.

Unregistered 08-03-2014 12:05 PM

u have to be realistic, bro. Scholars rule the civil service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49090)
What dark ages are you currently stuck at? Peasant class, elites and blue blooded nonsense.

There are many general degree holders who have made good in the CS and are currently bosses of scholars

Unregistered 08-03-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49088)

join ST, 3rd class with NS ~3.1k start