Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 31-03-2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64720)
I have worked in diff ministries before, dont have a levels cert, degree from sim(pass only).. I got called for interviews leh and went thru 3 ministries but one thing my pay was between 3.5k to 4k la, now i think its harder for 'expensive' pple to come in, they may still ask him to come in but may offer him a much lower salary package.

I think for u to go to nus, ur a levels not that bad lah... Dont apply the elites ministries/stat boards, they tend to be more selective and critical... Avoid MinLaw, MTI, EDB, MOF... Etc unless of course u have really good experience (i.e Directorial positions)

3.5K to 4k is consider high pay, you mean they willing to pay you that much for your sim degree? What post you applying for or which govt job, can recommend me? I also ard 3.5k with many years of routine n boring job experience, asking 3.7k will do. Tired of current job already, cannot see myself working on it till retire.

Unregistered 31-03-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64756)
How is the increment? For c grade

Mx11, is it by a fixed percentage for all who got c and in mx11?

Unregistered 31-03-2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64759)
Depends on what scheme you are referring to.

I Edited wrong post...pls see below... For mx11 and mx11a

Unregistered 31-03-2015 08:41 PM

what is the annual income ceiling a non-scholar can expect? 9k x 16 months possible?

Unregistered 31-03-2015 09:03 PM

How am i doing?

Female, local graduate with first class honours.
Humanities/Social Sciences degree from ntu.
First job started work at stat board in mid 2013.

My salary progression is --
Mid 2013: 3.4k
Mid 2014: 3.6k ,
Got 2 mths PB for work in 2014 .
Apr 2015: ???

Quite a good working r/s with boss, and have been doing stuff more challenging as compared to those in the same grade. I was not promoted in the latest promotion exercise this year. How much increment should i be expecting in 2015 ? And how am I progressing so far? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered 31-03-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64755)
This was what my friend told me too.

He said those DD and above are usually scholars. If not, they have been in the service for many years and will stay on too.

Rarely do they employ private candidates into these positions unless you are really a 100% match to what they are looking for and there is no one in line for the position.

He said those adv online for DD and above position are for those within the CS/PS to apply. Outsiders totally no case. He asked me to give up hope.

Any truth in what my friend said?

Yes 100% at least when i work in one of the elite ministry it was the case. They will never i repeat NEVER look for another person from the private sector to hold DD positions, these days not even managerial. I can tell u they look at degree (and masters) and already there r tons of scholars so they wont recruit externally unless the scholar turnover rate is so high they cannot find anyone which is impossible...

Unregistered 31-03-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64762)
3.5K to 4k is consider high pay, you mean they willing to pay you that much for your sim degree? What post you applying for or which govt job, can recommend me? I also ard 3.5k with many years of routine n boring job experience, asking 3.7k will do. Tired of current job already, cannot see myself working on it till retire.

Hello again SIM degree not deg huh? Is toilet paper huh? Stop the elitist view on unisim, i repeat it is RECOGNIZED! They will of course offer u better pay for good honours and NS.

Hello i got 9 years of work experience from 2 diff ministries, started off a diploma holder and did part time studies to get emplacement to degree scale, and i got to another ministry on degree scale. Stop silly and narrow minded comments like 'you mean they willing to pay you that much for your sim degree', thats really infuriating

Unregistered 31-03-2015 10:05 PM

recognized does not mean they are equal.

The day they are considered equal is the day when AAA/A students start considering SIM courses over other local uni.

Unregistered 31-03-2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64771)
recognized does not mean they are equal.

The day they are considered equal is the day when AAA/A students start considering SIM courses over other local uni.

Nothing in the world is equal right, i am a unisim grad, doing my masters in ntu now, started off as a diploma holder too. My pb were either B or Cplus, once i hit A. Just want to say it doesnt matter how u start but how u continue to live a fruitful life ahead

Unregistered 31-03-2015 10:51 PM

Performance bonus for contract position

Hi all,*
My friend told me that she as a fresh grad from local uni with good honours was offered a 1 year contract position at one of the statboard.
Apparently, there is no performance bonus to be expected during the 1 year contract. Anyone can validate this?