Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 18-01-2015 08:44 PM

You are correct, it should be University College Dublin. In that case I would apply for Executive scheme position instead.

I should be applying for CPF board, but does anyone know any other organisation that would be a better fit for me considering that I do not have any experience relating to any Statutory board?

Unregistered 18-01-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61532)
I think you mean University College Dublin. Not University of Dublin. University of Dublin (or sometimes called Trinity College Dublin) is the better of the two. I believe kaplan only offers degrees from UCD. Its like SIM and SMU. Can be confusing but one is much better than the other.

UCD degrees are recognised in civil service. I know an army regular who was sent to take his degree from unisim although he had a UCD degree already. Apparently they dont recognise it. I know UOL is recognised for some stat boards and ministries. But I'm pretty sure UCD is not.

RMIT is also recognised by some stat boards. I have a friend who grad from RMIT working in Singapore Poly as an admin staff. Singapore poly is a stat board.

oops. type. I meant UCD degrees are NOT recognised.

saiyan2005 19-01-2015 11:29 AM

anyone in AGO actually how is AGO pay scale like? are the working environment gd?

Unregistered 20-01-2015 11:04 AM

Does anyone know about the economist scheme? How is pay and career progression? Is it hard to get in?

Unregistered 20-01-2015 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61603)
Does anyone know about the economist scheme? How is pay and career progression? Is it hard to get in?

I know one local uni grad second upper is working as an economist in ministry. Not that hard, local uni second upper + good interview is enough. FCH would be safe.

Unregistered 20-01-2015 08:20 PM

Currently in a ministry, would like to know the process I have to go through if i were to apply to study Master Programme in local uni. What are the req?

Unregistered 20-01-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61619)
I know one local uni grad second upper is working as an economist in ministry. Not that hard, local uni second upper + good interview is enough. FCH would be safe.

Thank you very much! Would you happen to know the pay or career progression?

Unregistered 20-01-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61603)

u need atleast second upper to pass through first layer of screening by HR.

then ur resume will go to director and she will assess whether u are eligible to take the written test anot.

once u have taken the test (which kills most of the ppl according to hr), the director will mark it.. if pass u will be interviewed by a panel of directors... if u pass it, more or less guaranteed... but u may still need to attend one more interview and meet the senior economist.

And the competition is tough... half of the ppl there came from prestigious oversears uni.. some even with master... LSE, princeton and so on.

pay wise it is definitely higher than typical mx scheme, which explains the tough competition.

Unregistered 20-01-2015 08:32 PM

anyway, being an economist dosent mean u r under the economist scheme... there is only 1 ministry that has this scheme... if u belong to another ministry/sb u wont be in the scheme

Unregistered 20-01-2015 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61627)
anyway, being an economist dosent mean u r under the economist scheme... there is only 1 ministry that has this scheme... if u belong to another ministry/sb u wont be in the scheme

MTI Economist
MAS Economist (stat board under PMO)

Which one is the real deal?