Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 02-04-2022 06:34 PM

Anyone knows how’s the demand for fajt like now?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 07:00 PM

FAJT+ another side income

Hi, can I check if it’s possible to be a FAJT and Property Agent/Insurance agent?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211888)
Hi, can I check if it’s possible to be a FAJT and Property Agent/Insurance agent?

Yes it is possible. I have an ex-colleague doing just that right now. Once her property business paid better, she switched to property full-time.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211874)
the issue is the school's mgmt doesnt care whether a teacher is mid career or not. to them, teachers are just a resource.

Or rather, even if the school cared about the difference, they don't have heavy control over HR's promotion mechanisms. Yes the school can speed it up by reviewing your CEP upwards, but the reasons for reviewing CEP upwards cannot solely be "he/she is mid-career and is stuck at the ceiling, so needs an increment soon". That's not a valid reason for reviewing CEP, so effectively, the school can't exercise that aspect of control over your promotion rate ... unless you show interest and potential for climbing the leadership/teaching tracks.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211913)
Or rather, even if the school cared about the difference, they don't have heavy control over HR's promotion mechanisms. Yes the school can speed it up by reviewing your CEP upwards, but the reasons for reviewing CEP upwards cannot solely be "he/she is mid-career and is stuck at the ceiling, so needs an increment soon". That's not a valid reason for reviewing CEP, so effectively, the school can't exercise that aspect of control over your promotion rate ... unless you show interest and potential for climbing the leadership/teaching tracks.

Ya, if CEP is P8 (geo5), you 1st career or mid-career also doesn't matter. Mid-career start higher, but for both, promotion is equally slow.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211914)
Ya, if CEP is P8 (geo5), you 1st career or mid-career also doesn't matter. Mid-career start higher, but for both, promotion is equally slow.

yup all things equal, sometimes mid career looses out as they have less real world teaching experience.

Unregistered 03-04-2022 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211869)
Mid career. I thought it was a joke when I overheard my colleague talking about it. Now I feel demoralised.

How long were you in geo 3? Imma mid career too. Was in geo 3 for a long time too till i hit ceiling. Only promoted the following year and if my memory is correct, my increment from 3 to 4 was lower too compared to other promotees.

Moe sure knows how to value its staff

Unregistered 03-04-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212037)
How long were you in geo 3? Imma mid career too. Was in geo 3 for a long time too till i hit ceiling. Only promoted the following year and if my memory is correct, my increment from 3 to 4 was lower too compared to other promotees.

Moe sure knows how to value its staff

since you hit ceiling, you only had promo increment and no merit increment. hence the lower total increment

Unregistered 03-04-2022 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212043)
since you hit ceiling, you only had promo increment and no merit increment. hence the lower total increment

This is the correct reason. For calculation of the gross monthly salary after promotion, the merit increment is applied first, followed by the promotion increment. Sadly not the other way around.

Merit increment is influenced by economic factors, performance grade for prev year's work (the better the grade, the higher the MI), and distance to the ceiling of the current grade (the nearer to the ceiling, the lower the MI; at the ceiling, zero MI).

Unregistered 04-04-2022 12:37 AM

Hi, can I check for those who is promoted, does school cockpit reflects new substantive grade? Or if you generate letter of employment on Workpal, does it show new grade? Pls advise.