Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

chillax 14-09-2022 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230253)
Well done monkey chan

Don't so angry. Not all teachers are clowns. Some really inspire kids and put in tears and sweat to help out their students.

Anyway an idea when we gonna know how much increment we getting? Like traditionally when they announce?

Unregistered 14-09-2022 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230252)
PTR is commonly used internationally as a metric. The key message, that there are now more teachers per student in school, remains. Agreed that it is a smaller (and therefore nicer) number to report on, as compared to class size.

I'll just assume the statistic itself is true - wonder where the extra manpower is going, then? Haven't really seen my total number of students, or number of teaching periods, going down in the past 10 years… or maybe my teaching subject is just suay.

It is quite simple, there is an excess of teachers for certain subjects and they have the luxury (or benefit) of being able to have co-teachers or banding for their lessons. Meanwhile other subjects are always short of teachers and needing to teach full classes :)

Unregistered 15-09-2022 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230252)
PTR is commonly used internationally as a metric. The key message, that there are now more teachers per student in school, remains. Agreed that it is a smaller (and therefore nicer) number to report on, as compared to class size.

I'll just assume the statistic itself is true - wonder where the extra manpower is going, then? Haven't really seen my total number of students, or number of teaching periods, going down in the past 10 years… or maybe my teaching subject is just suay.

They cut the headcount from 39787 in 2018, to around 32000 currently.

s://blog.seedly.sg/moe-education-service-teachers/

Unregistered 15-09-2022 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chillax (Post 230285)
Don't so angry. Not all teachers are clowns. Some really inspire kids and put in tears and sweat to help out their students.

Anyway an idea when we gonna know how much increment we getting? Like traditionally when they announce?

The clown is Chan Chun Sing.

Unregistered 15-09-2022 05:19 PM

For Teachers who say they wanna quit

Which industries are you all looking at to enter?

Unregistered 15-09-2022 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230368)
For Teachers who say they wanna quit

Which industries are you all looking at to enter?

I’d say don’t quit first. Why not consider a post to HQ and do some office job? Maybe can change scheme to MX and not lose too much salary.

Unregistered 15-09-2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230381)
I’d say don’t quit first. Why not consider a post to HQ and do some office job? Maybe can change scheme to MX and not lose too much salary.

A teacher who cannot tahan school will find it hard to survive in HQ

Unregistered 15-09-2022 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230383)
A teacher who cannot tahan school will find it hard to survive in HQ

True words. If your first year as a SH or HOD in a school was hectic, HQ is three times worse even in the 'EO-friendly', 'non-chiongster' branches. In the chiongster parts of HQ, it's even worse than that. But you grow slowly from there lah, nothing wrong with feeling that it is xiong at first.

Unregistered 16-09-2022 08:16 AM

Saw the new circular. Please help crowdsource on 1 Oct!

//The salary adjustments will take effect on 1 October 2022 and eligible officers’
revised salaries will be reflected in the October 2022 payroll. Officers may log into the
HR & Payroll (HRP) portal to view the salary revision letter under ‘Salary Revision
Letters’ tile from 1 October 2022 to view their revised salaries and salary ranges.//

Unregistered 16-09-2022 09:07 AM

Went to clinic ytd. Got put on anti-depressants. Should I inform RO?