Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 18-08-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228267)
Can see the salary range in your salary revision letters


What is this salary revision letter? Is it only wen promoted then will get?

Unregistered 18-08-2022 09:20 PM

s://singaporeuncensored.com/guy-gf-works-15-hours-a-day-as-a-teacher-and-only-sleeps-4-5-hours-each-day/

Unregistered 19-08-2022 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228440)
s://singaporeuncensored.com/guy-gf-works-15-hours-a-day-as-a-teacher-and-only-sleeps-4-5-hours-each-day/


Iz true moi is her RO

sinkingfeeling 19-08-2022 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228440)
s://singaporeuncensored.com/guy-gf-works-15-hours-a-day-as-a-teacher-and-only-sleeps-4-5-hours-each-day/

At least got iron rice bowl. :(

Unregistered 19-08-2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 228470)
At least got iron rice bowl. :(

Stop this ****. If you think it is so good and so easy, come join us. It's not the toughest job in the world, there are plenty of tougher jobs, but stop invalidating teachers' struggles with this "at least you still got..." nonsense.

observing 19-08-2022 04:57 PM

pay rise
 
many who're critical of teacher's pay rise are simply envious, because:

1) MOE rejected their application to become teachers
2) they alr left the education service
3) their current jobs will not be able to offer similar pay rise
4) they're SME owners/bosses

the capable and competent non-teachers would not feel jealous and view the pay rise as unfair, because they know that in current inflationary environment, their pay would eventually be increased too, if it hasnt increased already. usually when there's an increase of pay involving a big number of the workforce, there'll be spillover effects on other industries/service/statboards as well.

as usual, many SME owners/bosses will complain about being squeezed due to rising costs/rentals etc, hence not able to offer more competitive salary. they're the ones making the biggest noise, despite paying themselves quite a handsome bit.

but thats life, unfortunately

Unregistered 19-08-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by observing (Post 228533)
as usual, many SME owners/bosses will complain about being squeezed due to rising costs/rentals etc, hence not able to offer more competitive salary. they're the ones making the biggest noise, despite paying themselves quite a handsome bit.

Mad Delane Lim vibes here, lol. Can't afford to hire quality workers at market prices, suddenly it becomes the workers' fault for expecting market-level salaries and market-level benefits. Not sure how businessmen survive in the modern day with such stone age mindsets.

Unregistered 20-08-2022 02:23 PM

Just curious, what are HOD / SH Special Projects and what do they do? Like is it a HOD without portfolio just like the ministers in PMO

Unregistered 20-08-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228589)
Just curious, what are HOD / SH Special Projects and what do they do? Like is it a HOD without portfolio just like the ministers in PMO

Whole school level Projects such as homecoming dinner, speech / awards day and so on

Unregistered 20-08-2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228591)
Whole school level Projects such as homecoming dinner, speech / awards day and so on

Sounds like glorified event planner 🙃


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2