Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 05-06-2022 06:49 PM

Usually for pay increment to all teachers, they tend to announce it closer to Teacher's Day.

So if they do intend to increase our pay, we can expect the news in August.

Unregistered 05-06-2022 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220497)
Usually for pay increment to all teachers, they tend to announce it closer to Teacher's Day.

I rather they change scales and raise ceiling before announce increment. Pple like me hitting or already at ceiling won’t get any increment otherwise. So inflation still higher than increment :(

Unregistered 05-06-2022 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220514)
I rather they change scales and raise ceiling before announce increment. Pple like me hitting or already at ceiling won’t get any increment otherwise. So inflation still higher than increment :(

Based on the previous round of adjustments, the salary ceilings were increased along with increment. As you've alluded, it wouldn't really make sense otherwise…

Unregistered 05-06-2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

I wish I can be as optimistic as you.. fingers crossed.

Unregistered 06-06-2022 07:51 AM

s://.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/teachers-allied-educators-to-get-pay-increase-from-october

The last time our ceiling increase was in 2015

Unregistered 06-06-2022 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220389)
It happened before. Too young to remember? Come on. All jaded teachers were once young and optimistic. The fire doesn't just die like that.. it gets snuffed out forcefully.

Im not the person you replied but which year was that? Too young to have heard of it and cant find in the news

Unregistered 06-06-2022 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220542)
s://.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/teachers-allied-educators-to-get-pay-increase-from-october

The last time our ceiling increase was in 2015

Correct. And other CS in 2014. Are we expected to wait a year again i wonder.

Unregistered 06-06-2022 08:30 AM

Quote:

If I'm being generous, it's probably because school holidays? That's why never announce for teachers. Maybe 1st week of term 3 I hope!

Unregistered 06-06-2022 10:30 AM

Time to switch career, become OSO. Relax, walk around the school, don't need to handle difficult parents or annoying kids. Get salary increment every few years, slowly the low wage will become high wage.

Unregistered 06-06-2022 10:32 AM

No jump in teacher resignations amid pandemic, says MOE.

s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/parenting-education/no-jump-in-teacher-resignation-says-moe?utm_campaign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source =facebook

Why give teacher pay raise? Attrition rate is only 2-3% in recent times. They are contented with their current pay package and benefits.