Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 24-02-2022 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204567)
Can ROs provide info eg ‘your CEP is raised’. Not saying actual CEP but just mentioning that it is raised?

ROs are not at liberty to discuss CEP/CEP increases directly, although they often allude to it. For example they may start asking you about your aspirations in climbing one of the career tracks, whether you think you are ready to take on heavier responsibilities, etc. When they start bringing up this topic, it is likely that your CEP was bumped.

Unregistered 24-02-2022 06:34 PM

Fresh Grad BT > Coordinator

Hi, I just graduated from NIE bachelor honours distinction. I just was told by my principal that they are training me to be coordinator next year. What does this entails? And what about the ranking? Currently GEO 2

Unregistered 24-02-2022 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204752)
Hi, I just graduated from NIE bachelor honours distinction. I just was told by my principal that they are training me to be coordinator next year. What does this entails? And what about the ranking? Currently GEO 2

Coordinator in what area? There are so many areas of coordinatorship. Subject related, committee related, school level related. Since you are a new teacher, likely the P means subject coordinator?

Unregistered 24-02-2022 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204752)

Do you mean level/module coordinator? Every teacher gets to do that. You'll get to learn how to do small-scale curriculum and assessment management for a cohort or for a module.

What about ranking? What is your question?

Unregistered 24-02-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204740)
ROs are not at liberty to discuss CEP/CEP increases directly, although they often allude to it. For example they may start asking you about your aspirations in climbing one of the career tracks, whether you think you are ready to take on heavier responsibilities, etc. When they start bringing up this topic, it is likely that your CEP was bumped.

I don't think there is a hard rule saying no discussion, It is up ro RO (but usually not advised). Myself, my RO had told me when my CEP had been raised after ranking, so I don't think it is that uncommon a practice.

Unregistered 26-02-2022 02:42 PM

Would it possible for beginning teachers (aka GEO2) to have their CEP raised to P6? Or typically need to be at least GEO 3/4 to have that kind of CEP? Have seen some promising indicators with RO, VP and other KPs on different occasions saying the school sees potential in me. RO also has been asking me about my ambitions. Not a high tier psc / ems scholar. Any advice would be good, but I will also just continue to do my best with my current portfolio as a BT.

Unregistered 26-02-2022 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205070)
Would it possible for beginning teachers (aka GEO2) to have their CEP raised to P6? Or typically need to be at least GEO 3/4 to have that kind of CEP? Have seen some promising indicators with RO, VP and other KPs on different occasions saying the school sees potential in me. RO also has been asking me about my ambitions. Not a high tier psc / ems scholar. Any advice would be good, but I will also just continue to do my best with my current portfolio as a BT.

Given the quick promotion to GEO3 (typically 1 year for males who've served NS, maybe 2 for females? Not sure if it's slowed down), think it's not that common for GEO3 to be put up to P6. I've seen excellent first-year teachers commended for performance, but for CEP most likely just 'KIV for next year'. Second year P6 is possible, with continued excellence.

From the teacher's point of view, I don't think it's really worth worrying about all this. Not that much you can do, anyway. Just continue doing your best - positive comments from RO/KP/VP are a good sign. If you do have aspirations though, just let your RO know. If paiseh to appear too cocky, can couch it as 'sometime in the future, I hope to...'

Unregistered 26-02-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

nope not possible

Unregistered 27-02-2022 01:13 PM

Quote:

What have you done to show that you are worthy of being able to handle HOD/VPship as a geo2? That's a easily at least a 2-3 tier jump in CEP. Ranking panels may usually be more Conservative and will not raise CEP more than once a year. But raising in consecutive years is possible if officer has demonstrated the capacity to take on higher level appointments.

As a BT, your focus should be on mastering T&L and learning to work as a team first. If these primary responsibilities are fulfilled, you can always ask your Ro for opportinities. Many teachers are now just struggling even with T&L because of PLD, BL and FSBB.

Unregistered 27-02-2022 05:05 PM

Not possible for CEP to raise so quickly. Even more so in a workforce that is said to be in excess. Slowly grind lor.
March coming soon. Maybe see ur PB how lor.