Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 16-09-2022 11:06 AM

RA

per year
$1.3k SH/LH/AYH/ST
$2.5k HOD/SSD/YH/LT
$3.7k VP

connected
1-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-14, 15-20, 21-30
$9k, ", ", ", $6k, $3.7k
except final, payout ratio 80% for all awards

Unregistered 16-09-2022 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230425)
per year
$1.3k SH/LH/AYH/ST
$2.5k HOD/SSD/YH/LT
$3.7k VP

connected
1-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-14, 15-20, 21-30
$9k, ", ", ", $6k, $3.7k
except final, payout ratio 80% for all awards

Lol then what about us peasants from geo3-5?

Unregistered 16-09-2022 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230415)
Went to clinic ytd. Got put on anti-depressants. Should I inform RO?

I told P and my RO as they need to know my condition so that they know not to give me unnecessary stress. They also assigned buddies to me.

Unregistered 16-09-2022 11:38 AM

It is also a known fact that teachers form the bulk of patients that IMH sees...

Unregistered 16-09-2022 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230425)
per year
$1.3k SH/LH/AYH/ST
$2.5k HOD/SSD/YH/LT
$3.7k VP

please don't mislead everyone with the numbers.

the amount given is for those teachers at GEO level who are holding these key appointment temporary. like appointment pay, not the actual amount after the salary increment.

info about connect plans is correct, but only from 2023.

Unregistered 16-09-2022 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230431)
It is also a known fact that teachers form the bulk of patients that IMH sees...

Iz true moi is the siaolang.

Moi P volunteer to buddy me

Unregistered 16-09-2022 11:16 PM

ra not increment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230450)
please don't mislead everyone with the numbers.

the amount given is for those teachers at GEO level who are holding these key appointment temporary. like appointment pay, not the actual amount after the salary increment.

info about connect plans is correct, but only from 2023.

the amount is RA (responsibility allowance) as stated by the op
not the increment tho

Unregistered 17-09-2022 12:00 AM

The connect payout is quite a joke. Benefits the people who will enter service next year the most.
Numbers are misleading for current folks. They are not back paying, we are not getting the numbers we see in the table.

And 10th year slaves are currently the most worthless🤣🤣

Unregistered 17-09-2022 04:21 AM

let me explain

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230480)
The connect payout is quite a joke. Benefits the people who will enter service next year the most.
Numbers are misleading for current folks. They are not back paying, we are not getting the numbers we see in the table.

And 10th year slaves are currently the most worthless🤣🤣

the increase in connect plan payout is meant to address the higher attrition rate seen among 'new' teachers, esp in their first 3 years of service. many quit once their bond finishes. for old birds (probably like you), there is less likelihood for you to leave the service despite grumbling here and there.

also, most normal teachers (non D graders) who have clocked around 10 years would probably see their salary almost doubled (after a pay rise of 5%) compared to their very first pay. this group knows deep down that it's hard to earn a similar amount elsewhere if they were to leave. go and ask your fellow FAJTs or even those who left for the tuition industry

Unregistered 17-09-2022 04:39 AM

sharing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230401)
True words. If your first year as a SH or HOD in a school was hectic, HQ is three times worse even in the 'EO-friendly', 'non-chiongster' branches. In the chiongster parts of HQ, it's even worse than that. But you grow slowly from there lah, nothing wrong with feeling that it is xiong at first.

it depends on the nature of your 'struggle' in school. is it coping with marking/students' work/classroom management/office politics? in HQ it's a diff ballgame. hectic yes, cos you got soo many stakeholders to engage and liase within tight deadlines, but you dont have the 'burden' of dealing with students' work like finishing markings over the weekend, or dealing with CCA management. for office work, you need to be disciplined in managing your schedule as there's no 'timetable' per say like in schools. it can really be refreshing to be in a new work environment.

challenging yes, cos the learning curve can be steep. but to claim that its 3 times harder is an exaggeration la, unless in school you're the type of middle management who delegates happily in the name of 'grooming'