Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 17-09-2022 04:22 PM

How do schools do succession planning for Kp appointments? Is there like a list of people they consider for a position, and depends on when the current person decided to leave?

Unregistered 17-09-2022 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230527)
How do schools do succession planning for Kp appointments? Is there like a list of people they consider for a position, and depends on when the current person decided to leave?

What succession planning? Hahahaha. No such thing if the KP is performing up to expectations. Usually SLs will only push for a KP to vacate the position if they are underperforming or a poor fit in the environment. If the KP is doing ok, they usually end up sitting there "forever".

Unregistered 17-09-2022 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230527)

Suspect it might be very much dependent on the school/ people involved. e.g. even at dept level, a HOD might be trying to prepare high-performing officers for future appointment already.

Even if there's no deliberate plan, a school will minimally have a list of high-performing officers (based on ranking), and be able to go through the list and find someone willing to take up the job, if an opening does avail itself? Alternatively, a school might also choose to list the position on open posting instead.

Unregistered 17-09-2022 06:32 PM

Yes there is always a list comparing you with your colleagues one. You can get a sense of where you are on the list by how your department managers treat you in office

Unregistered 17-09-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230534)
Yes there is always a list comparing you with your colleagues one. You can get a sense of where you are on the list by how your department managers treat you in office

Treat me like invisible is that good or bad.

Unregistered 17-09-2022 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230534)

Haha so how would they be treating you if you're performing well?

Unregistered 17-09-2022 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230415)
Went to clinic ytd. Got put on anti-depressants. Should I inform RO?

Agree with previous reply that yes, inform P and RO so they are aware to manage workload and not give unnecessary stress. I have been living with depression for a few years while still teaching full time. I'd say it helps to keep the necessary people informed, your close friends at work or the immediate colleagues you work with so that everyone can help to look out for you especially if they notice signs and symptoms that you are less functioning on low days. Depression is a big fat liar that can distort our self-image and make us believe we are lousy. Truth is, the more we keep it hidden, the more it the depression lies stay on and get "louder".

Yes there is the fear of being labelled with "XXX is depressed that's why cannot do this/that", "XXX cannot finish work cos of depression". My therapist has guided me to recognise the negative thoughts that come, and apply strategies to reframe it. Currently am on the way to reduce dosage and reduce talk therapy. I hope you are getting the support you need from all around you.

Would like to say these to you:

You are not alone.
You are not your mental health condition.
You are learning to live with depression. You are living with it. You are NOT it.

Just as how we'd say "XXX is suffering from/diagnosed w cancer", we don't say it as "XXX is cancer-ed"

Took me years to be able to observe my thoughts, recognise and reframe them as well as to sit with the feelings that come. Remember to put in place your comfort and safe space for yourself on not so good days, and affirm yourself on better days. Jiayou!!!!!!!

Unregistered 17-09-2022 10:30 PM

How to quit service

Hi, I just accepted a job offer in the private sector and I’m trying to figure out when is the most ideal time to tender my resignation. Just wanted to clarify, if I were to submit my resignation to HR end-Nov, does that mean that I wont be eligible for the EOY bonus as I’m serving my 1 month notice till 31st Dec?

Unregistered 17-09-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230549)
Hi, I just accepted a job offer in the private sector and I’m trying to figure out when is the most ideal time to tender my resignation. Just wanted to clarify, if I were to submit my resignation to HR end-Nov, does that mean that I wont be eligible for the EOY bonus as I’m serving my 1 month notice till 31st Dec?

Congratulations! Able to share which sector you ventured into? Were they able to match your current salary?

Thanks! :)

Unregistered 17-09-2022 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230545)
Haha so how would they be treating you if you're performing well?

by coming over to your desk... praise your work ability... then proceed to allocate more work to you so that you can showcase how full of potential and capability you can be...

wait is that a good or bad thing???