Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 01-04-2022 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211659)
Hello, I am a GEO 3 in HQ, non-scholar. I was wondering what happens if I dont hit GEO4 by the time I end my HQ stint? That would mean no enhanced posting for me right?

How many years in service? How years in substantive grade? The fact that you are in HQ means you have a CEP of at least P7. So you should be able to get it especially if you've been in geo3 grade for some time

prettyrainbow 01-04-2022 09:11 PM

I’m a diploma holder, teaching mother tongue, 11 years in service.

2015 B (promoted to GEO 2A1)
2016 B
2017 B
2018 A (promoted to GEO 3)
2019 B
2020 B (supposed to be promoted to GEO 4 but rescinded due to a written warning haiz)
2021 C+
2022 B (promoted to GEO 4)

I think after reading some of the responses in this thread, I do agree that having a good RO and having your work to be “seen” by those in school, really helps in ranking and promotion, I guess? The more involved you are in other committee work, on top of the work in your department is a plus point, I feel.

I just started on an acting KP role recently so I’m hoping that could help in my ranking in the upcoming years

Tinkermaster 01-04-2022 09:30 PM

Being promoted to GEO 4 does not necessary man you will be placed in the Enhanced Posting Scheme. Having that grade only qualifies you to take up a SH/LH/AYH position in schools. If you have been identified to be in EPS, HR will try to do calls to schools to see whether there is a possibility for the officer to take up a KP position in the school. But it also depends on the Principal's call. Most Principals will weigh in how this officer will fit into the team. Sometimes, the Principal will also mentioned to their HR partner to check out and recommend them HQ officers returning to schools. If you are not in EPS, then you have to look out for your own KP position when the Open Posting comes on. Things are usually more tricky when you are in SEO. If on cannot find a suitable position in schools, then HR will probably ask the officer to change portfolio and parachute the person into a school.

Unregistered 01-04-2022 10:20 PM

I see many here suggest changing schools for the better. But are there really schools that treat staff fairly, care for them, not overload teachers
and recognise the work done? If no, there is no point changing because ultimately, we are still in the same system.

Unregistered 01-04-2022 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211716)
I see many here suggest changing schools for the better. But are there really schools that treat staff fairly, care for them, not overload teachers
and recognise the work done? If no, there is no point changing because ultimately, we are still in the same system.

That is true BUT it buys you time. Lol
The longer you stay then you know the dirty secrets ie unfairness then move on again lor. Reduction in number of schs but still more than enuf to last a lifetime. Change till you find one you comfy in or change till it’s time to retire. That’s my plan anyhow.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 03:48 PM

I've just seen in the previous pages that the ceiling for GEO3 is 5616. I'm $6 away, does that mean I will get $6 merit increment? Not promoted this year.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211853)
I've just seen in the previous pages that the ceiling for GEO3 is 5616. I'm $6 away, does that mean I will get $6 merit increment? Not promoted this year.

Yes. Either you at geo3 for very very long or you mid career hence your starting was already high hence hit ceiling already?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211863)
Yes. Either you at geo3 for very very long or you mid career hence your starting was already high hence hit ceiling already?

Mid career. I thought it was a joke when I overheard my colleague talking about it. Now I feel demoralised.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211869)
Mid career. I thought it was a joke when I overheard my colleague talking about it. Now I feel demoralised.

How old are you? How long have you been in service?

Unregistered 02-04-2022 05:42 PM

the issue is the school's mgmt doesnt care whether a teacher is mid career or not. to them, teachers are just a resource.