Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 08-04-2022 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213036)
Because HQ has not sent any official travel advisory for staff yet.

If P jumps the gun and approves, but later on the travel advisory ends up more stringent that the school-based guidelines decided by the SLs, then the P will have to make the awful move of revoking leave approvals and/or answer to higher management for jumping the gun.

National posture has shifted already, but a lot of it lies in hands of the P. I know of people who already travelled in Dec hols, while other P’s are more conservative. Some P’s encourage travel and even do it themselves, so… it depends from school to school. MOE will not be encouraging or discouraging at this point unless the national situation changes

Unregistered 08-04-2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213050)
National posture has shifted already, but a lot of it lies in hands of the P. I know of people who already travelled in Dec hols, while other P’s are more conservative. Some P’s encourage travel and even do it themselves, so… it depends from school to school. MOE will not be encouraging or discouraging at this point unless the national situation changes

ambiguity like this is demoralising factors and shouldnt exist in the first place

Unregistered 08-04-2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213026)
7 years from 3-4 is a long time

Oh it was only 2 3 years.. 7 years was from geo4 to geo5..longer time probably because of my C-…if only..

Unregistered 08-04-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213050)

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Needless to say, we were all disappointed and demoralised to the max with such news. Just seems unfair when teachers in other schools are able to freely travel in June. Oh well. Hope my P will have a change of heart/mind soon.

Unregistered 09-04-2022 08:06 AM

Any who came in with a diploma and got emplaced? What has your progression been like. This is my 11th year and still sitting at geo3. Feeling disheartened. Many who came years after me were promoted to Geo 4 this year.

Unregistered 09-04-2022 10:57 AM

Those in ranking panel, what was the highest CEP you've ever seen a officer hold? First time in ranking panel and I saw P6 (HOD) for a young officer (GEO2) and a colleague commented to me that its considered very high... really?

Unregistered 09-04-2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213147)
Those in ranking panel, what was the highest CEP you've ever seen a officer hold? First time in ranking panel and I saw P6 (HOD) for a young officer (GEO2) and a colleague commented to me that its considered very high... really?

P6 is the highest I have seen. Any higher, they will not put up for discussion during ranking. That is, he/she is already a KP or ST/LT

Unregistered 09-04-2022 11:07 AM

Quote:

Scholar? Else, I don't understand what could well a GEO 2 have perform to be given such a high CEP

Unregistered 09-04-2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Have seen higher than that, for an overseas scholar (EMS) that just came in. Usually any reviews to this are discussed at cluster level. The school ranking panel will rarely touch these without input from higher levels.

Unregistered 09-04-2022 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213128)
Any who came in with a diploma and got emplaced? What has your progression been like. This is my 11th year and still sitting at geo3. Feeling disheartened. Many who came years after me were promoted to Geo 4 this year.

What's the progress like? How long at each subgrade