Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 11-09-2020 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145239)
Previous non-scholar poster. Would like to add on:
P8 - Normal teacher
P7 - officer maxes out at SEO1 (Officer is deemed to be an SH/LH when he/she retires)
P6 - SEO2 (Officer is deemed to be a HOD when he/she retires)

P7 could be ST position as well.

Comm 12-09-2020 12:26 PM

Donation to community chest

Are you guys aware that community chest deduction is happening since 2020 from our salary... it is done without informing us... its a small amoun but... i feel.. MOE should seek our approval first.... its like i deduct first.. the if you not happy.. then remove yourself.. wtf

Unregistered 12-09-2020 01:15 PM

Just wondering, how is the CEP determined? Everyone starts at P8 then your RO or school might adjust it upwards if they see potential in you? If scholars have higher CEP, any idea which scholarship tier is tied to which CEP level?

Thanks in advance if any of you are familiar with the above!

Unregistered 12-09-2020 02:49 PM

Everyone - even scholars - starts at P8, then moved up if deemed suitable.

(At least, that's what it looks like at the KP level. Someone suggested previously that there's an invisible layer somewhere that determines faster CEP progression for scholars, but I don't have first-hand knowledge of that.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145411)
Just wondering, how is the CEP determined? Everyone starts at P8 then your RO or school might adjust it upwards if they see potential in you? If scholars have higher CEP, any idea which scholarship tier is tied to which CEP level?

Unregistered 12-09-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145411)

From the very first outcome of your performance grade and ranking. If first year cmi, work harder to get favoured...

Unregistered 12-09-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comm (Post 145406)
Are you guys aware that community chest deduction is happening since 2020 from our salary... it is done without informing us... its a small amoun but... i feel.. MOE should seek our approval first.... its like i deduct first.. the if you not happy.. then remove yourself.. wtf

Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought it's mandatory, you mean it's optional? Then again, it's a small amount to give back to the society la. But I do agree with you that they should at least inform us

Unregistered 12-09-2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145413)
Everyone - even scholars - starts at P8, then moved up if deemed suitable.

(At least, that's what it looks like at the KP level. Someone suggested previously that there's an invisible layer somewhere that determines faster CEP progression for scholars, but I don't have first-hand knowledge of that.)

This is not very accurate. Excluding those teaching award recipients, MOE scholars have a higher starting CEP. For overseas scholar, their CEP is at the Supt level.

Unregistered 13-09-2020 02:08 AM

What's the rationale for not letting jobholders know their exact CEP?

Unregistered 13-09-2020 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145430)
This is not very accurate. Excluding those teaching award recipients, MOE scholars have a higher starting CEP. For overseas scholar, their CEP is at the Supt level.

There are >50 overseas scholars each year. Even after counting for attrition and inability to meet potential, I don’t think there are enough Supt positions to go around...

Unregistered 13-09-2020 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145455)
There are >50 overseas scholars each year. Even after counting for attrition and inability to meet potential, I don’t think there are enough Supt positions to go around...

There are more than enough Supt-equivalent positions to go around, if you look beyond just Schools Division. There are many DD and D level positions, similar in pay grade to a cluster supt, in other divisions which will (and currently do) benefit from being filled by EOs rather than non-educators.