Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 13-09-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145448)
What's the rationale for not letting jobholders know their exact CEP?

Supposedly, it's so that JHs don't simply focus on "box ticking" and maximising their progression by trying to game the system as Singaporeans are wont to do.

Of course, the validity/effectiveness of the above is subject to debate.

Unregistered 13-09-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145411)
Just wondering, how is the CEP determined? Everyone starts at P8 then your RO or school might adjust it upwards if they see potential in you? If scholars have higher CEP, any idea which scholarship tier is tied to which CEP level?

Thanks in advance if any of you are familiar with the above!

I have personality witnessed MOE Overseas and Local scholarship holders who quit after their bonds were over.

In short, dun count on your eggs before they are hatched.

Unregistered 13-09-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145471)
There are more than enough Supt-equivalent positions to go around, if you look beyond just Schools Division. There are many DD and D level positions, similar in pay grade to a cluster supt, in other divisions which will (and currently do) benefit from being filled by EOs rather than non-educators.

Senior Asst Dir, Deputy Dir - VP
Senior Deputy Dir, Dir, Div Dir - P, Supt, ZD

Clearly you don’t know your stuff.

Unregistered 13-09-2020 04:58 PM

Hi all, i am just curious, i am currently an MOE teacher teaching mother tongue, but i m interested to change the subject that i teach.

What are the ways to go about it? Can i apply during the application window period to teach other subjects even though i am already employed in MOE?

Unregistered 13-09-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145498)
Hi all, i am just curious, i am currently an MOE teacher teaching mother tongue, but i m interested to change the subject that i teach.

What are the ways to go about it? Can i apply during the application window period to teach other subjects even though i am already employed in MOE?

Haven't heard of it before. Your CS1 and CS2 are both Mother Tongue related. Since you are already a trained teacher, tough luck.

MOE needs more MT and EL teachers.

Unregistered 14-09-2020 10:54 AM

MOE job interview

Just wondering , with covid 19 now, do we need to remove mask during job interview at MOE?

Unregistered 14-09-2020 04:10 PM

Is there a maximum period an officer can stay at GEO 3 before he is promoted to GEO 4?

Unregistered 14-09-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145549)
Is there a maximum period an officer can stay at GEO 3 before he is promoted to GEO 4?

No. The officer can theoretically be consistently getting C- and not being promoted and not be placed on PRP.

Unregistered 14-09-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145528)
Just wondering , with covid 19 now, do we need to remove mask during job interview at MOE?

Teachers teach wearing their masks. If by wearing a mask and the panel of interviewers can't make out what you are saying. It speaks volumes.

Unregistered 14-09-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145498)

Close to zero chance. Unless you are able to redo their PGDE or Bachelor of Science. For you to be a MT teacher, chances are your competency is in MT.

The only way to go about it, join private tuition centre and ask whether they allow you to teach the subjects you like? Hope you can see where I am coming from.