Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 24-03-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161309)
Yes at least SEO 1 CEP.

Thanks. I guess theres no real way to find out our cep right? technically if we apply and dont even get called up for interview, could be that cep is not at least seo1 huh

Unregistered 24-03-2021 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161079)
I am currently studying in NTU (not NIE) and would like to become a teacher after I graduate, because I love to be close to young children and develop close relationships with them.

How do I go about applying to become a teacher?

Very hard to get in now. Out of 10 applicants, only about 2 can get in.

Unregistered 24-03-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161312)
Thanks. I guess theres no real way to find out our cep right? technically if we apply and dont even get called up for interview, could be that cep is not at least seo1 huh

Not true. There are people without cep at least seo 1 but managed to get into HQ through open posting.

Unregistered 24-03-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161312)

Not really. If you don’t get called up for interview, it does not mean low cep. It could also be that they found a suitable candidate and are quite sure to recruit the person into HQ. Then they won’t interview further, even if there are more people who applied and not yet interviewed.

Unregistered 24-03-2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161319)
Not true. There are people without cep at least seo 1 but managed to get into HQ through open posting.

No. Officers might not be SEO1 yet but must have CEP of SEO1 to be in HQ. The interviewers will have to check with HR to ensure that the people they recruit have CEP of SEO1. Otherwise, these people will be rejected even if the clear the interview.

Unregistered 24-03-2021 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161349)
No. Officers might not be SEO1 yet but must have CEP of SEO1 to be in HQ. The interviewers will have to check with HR to ensure that the people they recruit have CEP of SEO1. Otherwise, these people will be rejected even if the clear the interview.

Does this mean only people with CEP of SEO1 get a chance to the interview?

Unregistered 25-03-2021 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161377)
Does this mean only people with CEP of SEO1 get a chance to the interview?

basically they need people who can think strategic policy stuff and not looking for teachers

Unregistered 25-03-2021 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161349)

I think times may have changed because like i mentioned earlier, i personally know of teachers whose CEP is NOT SEO1, but still recruited into HQ.

Unregistered 25-03-2021 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161431)
I think times may have changed because like i mentioned earlier, i personally know of teachers whose CEP is NOT SEO1, but still recruited into HQ.

I.e CEP below SEO 1- still got into HQ.
It depends on ur experiences in school and ur interview performance as well

Unregistered 25-03-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161431)

Times have changed. Just a few years ago, you can still see GEO3s with 4 years in service being appointed LH/SH (full appt, not internal). You can also see GEO3s who are freshly eligible for open posting for the first time securing positions in HQ and academies.

Nowadays, it's more stringent. You need to be of a min. subgrade and min. CEP to even qualify to be formally appointed to certain roles, like KP roles or HQ positions.