Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 14-09-2020 11:13 PM

Does landing a C- delay promotion?

Unregistered 15-09-2020 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145577)
Does landing a C- delay promotion?

Yes. No promotion for at least 3 years for C-

Unregistered 15-09-2020 10:02 AM

MOE job interview remove mask?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145572)
Teachers teach wearing their masks. If by wearing a mask and the panel of interviewers can't make out what you are saying. It speaks volumes.

Sorry but I can’t read between the lines. Does that mean I can keep my mask on?

Unregistered 15-09-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145583)

when is the first year counted?

for example

2019: c-(1st year no promotion)
2020: 2nd year
2021: 3rd year
2022: got chance of promotion?

Unregistered 15-09-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145608)
when is the first year counted?

for example

2019: c-(1st year no promotion)
2020: 2nd year
2021: 3rd year
2022: got chance of promotion?

C- in 2019 means the performance grade is released in apr 2020 or you are referring to getting the grade for 2018 performance?

Assuming that you get the C- grade in April 2019 for 2018 performance, 2019 will be year one. It depends on how you perform from 2019 to 2021. If it is just C, chances of promotion in 2022 are slim.

Unregistered 15-09-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145590)
Sorry but I can’t read between the lines. Does that mean I can keep my mask on?

Seriously, what is your concern? Wear your mask unless they put up shields and instruct you to remove it. The default now is mask on.The other post simply means that you should have the ability to project your voice even with the mask on. In reality, you can use mic during classroom teaching but I highly doubt they will provide you with one during the interview.

Unregistered 15-09-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145175)
I hope to shed some light to your question. Something about myself. Not a scholar, no honors (normal degree), 16 years in service. I got my SEO1 when I was 35 and SEO2 5 years later.

Overall IC is not a high stake as schools dont consciously put high potential officers to lead CCAs unless the CCA is a niche area. CCA deployment is more like staff preference and putting officers where they used to previously.

Taking up a KP position is a conversation usually initiated by the RO. If your CEP is only P8, then your RO would not discuss this during your work review. The conversation would focus on T&L because a teacher with P8 CEP would be a teacher when he/she retires.

Seeking a HQ posting would require an officer to have a CEP of at least P7. So I suggest u check with your SLs first. (Of course, you cant ask them directly what your CEP is but you can seek their advice and from there, you would know what your CEP is).

If you feel that your school has a good culture, I would suggest you to stay. Schools with good colleagues and understanding SLs are hard to find. Going to a new environment would require you to build up relationships with new people and these people may have form cliques.

What would you consider to be high stake projects then?

Unregistered 15-09-2020 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145418)
From the very first outcome of your performance grade and ranking. If first year cmi, work harder to get favoured...

So if my very first year ranking is C+ is that a good thing?

Unregistered 15-09-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145583)

What if I kenna 2 C- in a row, does that mean no promotion for 6 years from the first C-?
Also will I be put on probation?

Unregistered 16-09-2020 12:15 AM

Newbie who needs help :)

hello,

would appreciate if there is anyone knows if there is any alternative document in replacement of a "certificate of service" ?

MOE has requested this document from me but I understand that this document is usually only given to employees who have resigned.. To ask for it is like telling your boss that you are gonna quit?

any idea on how strict they are with this doc? tyvm! :)