Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 29-05-2022 05:59 PM

Does SM have retention bonus?
How many months PB can most SM get? ( 4? )

Unregistered 29-05-2022 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219584)
Are you a retard? The seniors are paid so much more because they should guide the associates in completing them. Most of my sg peers will guide our juniors because that is the way we are trained. Usually those jhk they not sure and throw to juniors. You must be the jhk senior that smoked your way past the interview and now trying to justify your actions. Smfh

Sibei true. Feel that locals would guide juniors whereas JHKs would just throw to you and ask you refer to PY. If anything goes wrong, the JHKs seniors just blame juniors lo

Unregistered 29-05-2022 08:35 PM

Hi all, I'm soon starting out as an audit associate in orange. What are the assumed knowledge that one are expected to know with 0 experience? I do not have any internship experience if you're wondering.. I'm trying to prepare myself in advanced so the learning curve is less steep.

Unregistered 29-05-2022 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219621)
Sibei true. Feel that locals would guide juniors whereas JHKs would just throw to you and ask you refer to PY. If anything goes wrong, the JHKs seniors just blame juniors lo

So you mean all those who NV teach is jhk?

Everyone so bz work till die liao still got time teach?

Unregistered 29-05-2022 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219622)
Hi all, I'm soon starting out as an audit associate in orange. What are the assumed knowledge that one are expected to know with 0 experience? I do not have any internship experience if you're wondering.. I'm trying to prepare myself in advanced so the learning curve is less steep.

Accounting grad? I don't think you need to prepare anything in advance. I joined without an audit internship too.

Just know there is a good probability that you may have minimal on the job guidance, so need to roll and learn. It depends on luck. Be good friends with your batchmates. They are your source of help (system, what to do, who to ask, or have a helpful senior to refer to)

Unregistered 29-05-2022 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219622)

if you are accounting grad, I think you will be alright, unless you really "return everything".

Just don't show up to work not knowing what is debit/credit, PL and BS.. and you should be fine.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 01:17 AM

1.4k for blue internship good?

Unregistered 30-05-2022 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219584)
Are you a retard? The seniors are paid so much more because they should guide the associates in completing them. Most of my sg peers will guide our juniors because that is the way we are trained. Usually those jhk they not sure and throw to juniors. You must be the jhk senior that smoked your way past the interview and now trying to justify your actions. Smfh

Ya that guy full of shyt.. sure jhk.. go see job description.. senior need guide or mentor junior.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219645)
1.4k for blue internship good?

wow blue pay 1.4k to interns now?

dont need compare pay among big 4. Interns are paid in exposure =)

Unregistered 30-05-2022 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219648)

What exposure.. u know they let go of jobs they screwed up to mid or smaller firms lol

Unregistered 30-05-2022 09:30 AM

Undergrad here. Why do so many people join big4? I’m in NTU and all my cohort people are talking about which big 4 is good. Why don’t join IB when you can earn 5x more?

Unregistered 30-05-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219667)
Undergrad here. Why do so many people join big4? I’m in NTU and all my cohort people are talking about which big 4 is good. Why don’t join IB when you can earn 5x more?

Because not everyone can get in IB, unless you FCH and good portfolio.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 10:03 AM

Oh how times have changed. I feel like a boomer in this thread.

During my time, all my friends looked up to Big4 as the gold standard, the holy grail, the dream, and the goal.

If you made it into Big4, among us, then the general consensus is “you’re set, you’ve made it in life”.

Our view of the job is that it had everything we could ask for - good learning experience, working in teams, big brand name on resume, can get CPA (back then still ICPAS, the renaming to ISCA is relatively recent), can have good networking experience, within five years you can meet CFOs, CEOs, enter board room meetings. You gain both hard and soft skills. Your peers are going include your friends from school, your direct reporting Senior could even be just your senior from school too.

Life’s good.

The career model is you must earn your dough, 先苦后甜, and prove your worth - some long hours for lower starting pay is expected, but we think long term, forecast the benefit over our entire career and conclude it’s a winner. It made sense - you start from the basics and work your way up.

We knew the trade-offs, we did our homework, we went in willingly and happily.

Even first class honors graduates and Dean listers will apply.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 10:03 AM

Quote:

ntu is big 4 factory

Unregistered 30-05-2022 11:31 AM

Hi I will probably graduate with 3rd class any chance of going into big 4? Nothing special on my portfolio also.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219679)
Hi I will probably graduate with 3rd class any chance of going into big 4? Nothing special on my portfolio also.

There's no more third class honors already

Unregistered 30-05-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219673)
ntu is big 4 factory

My time yes, now I don't see as many of them wanting to go audit already

Unregistered 30-05-2022 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219672)
can get CPA (back then still ICPAS, the renaming to ISCA is relatively recent)

Hi Uncle, ICPAS was renamed to ISCA in 2013, that’s 9 years ago.

9 years is enough for A1 to climb to SM.

How boomer are you?

Unregistered 30-05-2022 12:47 PM

my cohert all quit after 1 year

Unregistered 30-05-2022 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219648)

lmao, RSM paying 1.5k for interns, kpmg should increase to match the market rate

Unregistered 30-05-2022 02:46 PM

Blue progression ranking name? Heard it’s different from the other color?

Unregistered 30-05-2022 03:25 PM

If your career goal is to become a CFO, a working experience in a big4 is a distinct advantage vs others without the former experience.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219702)
Blue progression ranking name? Heard it’s different from the other color?

G2 G1 S4 S3. Don't ask why the numbers are not even in sequence. Didn't bother finding it out

Unregistered 30-05-2022 03:28 PM

If your career goal is to become a CFO, working experience in a big4 firm gives you a distinct advantage over those without the former experience.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 03:30 PM

Quote:

Could be some school culture or guidance thing. Maybe career services didn't do enough to suggest other career options. So more one track minded

Besides IB and Big4, there are other career options for acct grad too.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219707)
G2 G1 S4 S3. Don't ask why the numbers are not even in sequence. Didn't bother finding it out

lol why you share sia

This was my trick to identify trolls who pretend to be from KP but don’t know the grades.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219710)
Could be some school culture or guidance thing. Maybe career services didn't do enough to suggest other career options. So more one track minded

Besides IB and Big4, there are other career options for acct grad too.

For me, it’s not because I went Big4 because I was from NTU

I went NTU precisely because I wanted to go Big4, and NTU is 3 years compared to NUS/SMU which is 4 years.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 05:57 PM

Hi guys, i am an average joe in NTU with average grades. However i still aspire to be a partner one day. Knowing that high flyers wont go audit, surely my chance of becoming a partner would be quite high?

Unregistered 30-05-2022 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219717)
Hi guys, i am an average joe in NTU with average grades. However i still aspire to be a partner one day. Knowing that high flyers wont go audit, surely my chance of becoming a partner would be quite high?

Bachelor of Accountancy?

There are no average joes in NTU. You are the main character of your story.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219715)
For me, it’s not because I went Big4 because I was from NTU

I went NTU precisely because I wanted to go Big4, and NTU is 3 years compared to NUS/SMU which is 4 years.

You can always go NTU for the 3years direct honours but still consider other career options. The only reason I choose not NTU cos I don't want to end sch too fast

Unregistered 30-05-2022 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219723)
You can always go NTU for the 3years direct honours but still consider other career options. The only reason I choose not NTU cos I don't want to end sch too fast

My life ambition is to get NTU FCH and go Big4 audit and get CA!

Unregistered 30-05-2022 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219707)

A1 = G2
A2 = G1
S1 = S4
S2 = S3?

Is blue high on something when they made this system? Wonder what is their M equivalent? F1?

Unregistered 30-05-2022 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219734)
A1 = G2
A2 = G1
S1 = S4
S2 = S3?

Is blue high on something when they made this system? Wonder what is their M equivalent? F1?

tiagong got M0

Unregistered 30-05-2022 09:39 PM

Tiagong now yellow and black A1 or A2 liao ah?

So regardless, you will just be ‘Associate’ ah?

Unregistered 30-05-2022 09:45 PM

does blue still give $200 more for FCH after they raise A1 pay to 3.6k?

Unregistered 30-05-2022 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219739)
tiagong got M0

what is tiagong?

Unregistered 30-05-2022 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219741)
does blue still give $200 more for FCH after they raise A1 pay to 3.6k?

You got FCH meh?

And where source they raised to 3.6k?

Unregistered 30-05-2022 11:40 PM

Accounting so boring. Grad liao still have to suffer in Big 4, OT like dog, sit for professional exams, stare at MS excel spreadsheets everyday. I don't understand why so many people still want to study Accounting. The money is not great as well. B4 starting pay is lower than civil servant lol.

Studying Accounting and working in Big 4 is the biggest regret in my life. The studying part still not that bad but working as an accountant or auditor is just downright horrible.

Unregistered 31-05-2022 12:18 AM

Accounting boring meh?

I hated science, humanities, maths and languages.

POA was the only subject which I excelled in lol.

Unregistered 31-05-2022 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219723)

But as a guy who has already wasted 2 yrs serving ns, it makes no sense to choose NUS or SMU (4yrs) over NTU (3yrs) as your male friends in NTU will already have 1 year headstart over you. For girls who went NTU, they have 3 years headstart ahead of you if u choose a 4 years course.

Worse still, if everyone ends up in big 4, u will have to report to your JC/poly same batchmates as they grad one year before u.