Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 02-05-2024 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277443)
Really? I thought we only outsource grunt work and not seniors?

There is sub con going on u be amaze.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277480)
take a look at recent accounting degree entry rank pt u will know why the quality of juniors falling... expect ppl who get BCCD to have work ethics and motivation to learn ah?

I guess the people in the middle will age more rapidly than those above and those below 😂

Unregistered 02-05-2024 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277447)
SkillsFuture credit are in…

Got 5k total credits to spend - anything helpful for accounting and finance

You above 40 years old!?!?

Unregistered 02-05-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277504)
I guess the people in the middle will age more rapidly than those above and those below 😂

Tough life for those caught in the middle during this transition time.

A boss that expects you to turnaround super fast and a junior that packs up go home WLB.

I expect this problem to self-correct within five years just by natural progression.

But who knows? Maybe in 2029, the new batch of seniors will continue to rant about their associates. I should set a reminder and link to this post for 5 years.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 09:57 AM

I'm a Malaysian currently working as a Senior Associate at EY Singapore, having transferred from EY KL. I enjoy working in Singapore as there are many fellow Malaysians here. However, I find the workload quite stressful and the cost of renting to be high.

Any Malaysian here?

Unregistered 02-05-2024 10:22 AM

Are documentation in the working paper in Big4 still very messy nowadays?

Very long never come back see this forum already. Ex-auditor here.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277522)
Are documentation in the working paper in Big4 still very messy nowadays?

Very long never come back see this forum already. Ex-auditor here.

Risk-based.

Those big jobs, listed jobs, government jobs, will have additional scrutiny so the quality is still quite good.

The smaller jobs, SMEs, no special items on balance sheet or unusual transactions, team composition tends to be more juniors and quality may not be on same level as the listed clients.

Listed jobs probably A+ cause any mishap the audit partner licence is at stake, whereas lower risk they only aim to pass file inspection and not trying to impress anyone.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277501)
There is sub con going on u be amaze.

How does it even work? Does KPMG SG set up a KPMG SG-MY Sdn bhd or something? Or do they just pass to KPMG MY? I don't recall Malaysian seniors in Big 4 working on Malaysian clients having such high pay like the outsourced seniors do.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277525)
Risk-based.

Those big jobs, listed jobs, government jobs, will have additional scrutiny so the quality is still quite good.

The smaller jobs, SMEs, no special items on balance sheet or unusual transactions, team composition tends to be more juniors and quality may not be on same level as the listed clients.

Listed jobs probably A+ cause any mishap the audit partner licence is at stake, whereas lower risk they only aim to pass file inspection and not trying to impress anyone.

Wow nice to maintain the high quality standards

Unregistered 02-05-2024 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277509)
You above 40 years old!?!?

That bro or sis funny sia. Isca course can use sf but he or she dunno. He or she Not ca i guess.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277519)
I'm a Malaysian currently working as a Senior Associate at EY Singapore, having transferred from EY KL. I enjoy working in Singapore as there are many fellow Malaysians here. However, I find the workload quite stressful and the cost of renting to be high.

Any Malaysian here?

Hmm quite normal what.
Some join mid tier in sg before joining b4.

How is audit stressful? I think u find ur job boring and working long hours only.

Cost of living is high. My colleague month exp is more than 10k. 2 kids at childcare plus housing plus mthly exp. Not ez...jia you. Im sure if u single still ok haha.

Local here :)

Unregistered 02-05-2024 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277525)
Risk-based.

No lo, u got read acra public report anot. Nobody dare day audit quality is A+ only u.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277526)
How does it even work? Does KPMG SG set up a KPMG SG-MY Sdn bhd or something? Or do they just pass to KPMG MY? I don't recall Malaysian seniors in Big 4 working on Malaysian clients having such high pay like the outsourced seniors do.

How can someone not aware of secondment and outsourcing in big international firm. U new to b4?

Unregistered 02-05-2024 02:03 PM

Hi, Im an S2 in EY Malaysia, and I have applied to SG Big 4 as well as mid tier like BDO, RSM, Crowe, but no replies so far. Can I know when is the recruitment for Big 4 SG usually?

Im just trying to go to SG cause my boyfriend lives there and he keeps asking me to move there for our future

Unregistered 02-05-2024 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277419)
Are you from yellow ? Sounds like it

Yup yellow one of the simpler sectors

Unregistered 02-05-2024 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277443)
Really? I thought we only outsource grunt work and not seniors?

We outsource grunt work to grunts who can’t even do grunt work

Unregistered 02-05-2024 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277541)
Hi, Im an S2 in EY Malaysia, and I have applied to SG Big 4 as well as mid tier like BDO, RSM, Crowe, but no replies so far. Can I know when is the recruitment for Big 4 SG usually?

Im just trying to go to SG cause my boyfriend lives there and he keeps asking me to move there for our future

Hi Malaysian here too.

Why not ask for internal transfer from EY Malaysia to EY Singapore? I'm sure EY Singapore need manpower now.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 04:41 PM

Hi everyone, I just got scolded "don't take your own sweet time" to finish the work.

Any comments?

Unregistered 02-05-2024 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277552)
Hi Malaysian here too.

Why not ask for internal transfer from EY Malaysia to EY Singapore? I'm sure EY Singapore need manpower now.

Are you from EY SG? Are they hiring rn? Im planning to ask my counselor this during my next 1to1 cause i got good feedback for my FY23 Dec audit.

Im just a bit worried cause my position is S2 and im not super confident about my ability to take on a Supervisor role... Im worried my counselor will think Im not the best fit or like only the best ppl shud be transferred/smthg like that.

I wish I had made the move to SG earlier... But its only recently that my boyfriend keep asking me to move there.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277554)
Are you from EY SG? Are they hiring rn? Im planning to ask my counselor this during my next 1to1 cause i got good feedback for my FY23 Dec audit.

Im just a bit worried cause my position is S2 and im not super confident about my ability to take on a Supervisor role... Im worried my counselor will think Im not the best fit or like only the best ppl shud be transferred/smthg like that.

I wish I had made the move to SG earlier... But its only recently that my boyfriend keep asking me to move there.

No plans to change boyfriend?

Unregistered 02-05-2024 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277553)
Hi everyone, I just got scolded "don't take your own sweet time" to finish the work.

Any comments?

Ohh i love this. Reply is there even a sweet moment working in b4?

Unregistered 02-05-2024 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277555)
No plans to change boyfriend?

Bro using this forum to pick up girls a new low =.=

Unregistered 02-05-2024 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277554)

The only reason they wont release you is because they scared they no audit senior. No "for the best" only nonsense.

Just find someone to refer you. There's tons of auditors on non-anonymous social media. It's just free money for us if you do get in.

Also just apply to all firms aside from EY.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277564)
The only reason they wont release you is because they scared they no audit senior. No "for the best" only nonsense.

Just find someone to refer you. There's tons of auditors on non-anonymous social media. It's just free money for us if you do get in.

yea, u can ask your friends working at other firms to compare the workload at each rank.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 07:32 PM

How’s the promotion or progression rate across big 4?
Is it getting more difficult?

Unregistered 03-05-2024 12:04 AM

No point staying in audit.

Client don't respect u.
Colleagues don't gafb you
Partners treat u like dirt
Manager doesn't respect u

Unregistered 03-05-2024 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277591)
No point staying in audit.

Client don't respect u.
Colleagues don't gafb you
Partners treat u like dirt
Manager doesn't respect u

My client add me facebook and linkedin
My jrs and snr and fellow m to d are ok
Partners very nice to me
Hmm as above. At m levl but i treat ppl well.

U just with the wrong team and/or place.

Unregistered 03-05-2024 11:37 AM

For those that managed to find jobs after audit, what roles did you exit into?

Unregistered 03-05-2024 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277569)
How’s the promotion or progression rate across big 4?
Is it getting more difficult?

No it has always been the same difficulty. The people are just getting worse and can’t meet the bar for promotion (refer to many earlier discussions in this forum)

Historically the progression/ promotion up till AM is probably upwards of 95%. AM to Manager is probably 85% and above.

Unregistered 03-05-2024 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277606)
My client add me facebook and linkedin
My jrs and snr and fellow m to d are ok
Partners very nice to me
Hmm as above. At m levl but i treat ppl well.

U just with the wrong team and/or place.

weeeew. someone has been drinking the koolaid intensely. it’s addictive till **** goes down and everyone turns their back on you

Unregistered 03-05-2024 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277450)
pls share the decent industries with transferable skills. don't be like those goons who drop this and disappear pls.

why should i share? u shud put in ur own effort to go and find.

audit so much industries and u cant find a good industry ??? ?????????????

nowonder auditors quality going down.

thank god i left within 1 yr after grad.
20 AL, 5 fam leave, ;d
boooooo

Unregistered 03-05-2024 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277411)
OP here. agree with what u said 100%. also another thing i observed abt audit ppl trying to exit is that they overvalue their audit exp. tbh those fortune 500 finance position openings, 100 applicants i think 80 are from big 4 lol... what differentiates A from B?

the ones that differentiate are usually like these:
3 years in big4, go to commercial
3 years in commercial, go back big4,
3 years in big4 again, title is senior manager.

When the senior manager wanna go back to commercial, it is easier.
Because they know how commercial works.

Those home grown managers dont even know how to use SAP. how to jump out u tell me HAHAHA

Unregistered 03-05-2024 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277624)
the ones that differentiate are usually like these:
3 years in big4, go to commercial
3 years in commercial, go back big4,
3 years in big4 again, title is senior manager.

When the senior manager wanna go back to commercial, it is easier.
Because they know how commercial works.

Those home grown managers dont even know how to use SAP. how to jump out u tell me HAHAHA

still will have dub dub co hire cos of the mgr title ...

like my current firm, parachute airdrop mgr big 4, brings nth to the table for rest of the team but toxic culture, lemao
teach how many times system also dunnoe, then like to fake fake OT to claim taxi back

Unregistered 03-05-2024 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277623)
why should i share? u shud put in ur own effort to go and find.

audit so much industries and u cant find a good industry ??? ?????????????

nowonder auditors quality going down.

thank god i left within 1 yr after grad.
20 AL, 5 fam leave, ;d
boooooo

what is this. am i in edmw

Unregistered 03-05-2024 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277407)
i think the problem is even if u jump out as an accountant, why would companies pay more than 6k for an accountant. I think a lot of people failed to think from the company's perspective. If you own a SME, i dont think u would hire ex-big4 as an accountant paying 6k++. Unless, u r applying big big firms. But u would be fighting with a lot of people.

I think the only way to jump out from big4 is to aim for finance manager / controller / CFO etc. If yall think that yall dont have wad it takes, btr jump out of this industry.

There are other pretty decent industry with transferable skills from accounting and pays more.

ERP Consulting, Treasury and FP&A pay and WLB is **** in SG, don't just parrot what you read from American Redditors.

The fact is industries that pay well don't consider accounting experience to be useful. You can get in perfectly fine (and much easier) without an audit background.

Unregistered 03-05-2024 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277634)
ERP Consulting, Treasury and FP&A pay and WLB is **** in SG, don't just parrot what you read from American Redditors.

The fact is industries that pay well don't consider accounting experience to be useful. You can get in perfectly fine (and much easier) without an audit background.

thats why i said, transferable skills.
I did not say accounting skills are transferable.

And i do agree it is easier to jump out of the industry asap.
I do have friends (fresh grads) go into high finance / banks / etc... with an accounting degree.

dont whine if u didn't do well enuf. period.

Unregistered 03-05-2024 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277637)
thats why i said, transferable skills.
I did not say accounting skills are transferable.

And i do agree it is easier to jump out of the industry asap.
I do have friends (fresh grads) go into high finance / banks / etc... with an accounting degree.

dont whine if u didn't do well enuf. period.

Non-technical or non-industry-specific "transferable" skills are just simple DA or soft skills that even fresh grads have. Don't be a Linkedin influencer and bluff the blur kids here.

Unregistered 03-05-2024 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277564)

I feel like my counselor and partners will be unhelpful about transferring ppl to other countries anyway. During town hall, the partner was like threatening us showing all the news of layoffs in US/UK big 4 and saying that other countries are having stricter requirements for hiring ppl from other countries. Basically like telling us you have nowhere else to go, other countries don’t want u. And you better stay and work here cause the economy is bad and you can be layoff

Unregistered 03-05-2024 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277638)
Non-technical or non-industry-specific "transferable" skills are just simple DA or soft skills that even fresh grads have. Don't be a Linkedin influencer and bluff the blur kids here.

ya so your point?
thats why i say jump out earlier the better right?
u stay long then is ur problem.

anyway, theres something called internal transfer.
then jump out from there also can.

cry babies.

Unregistered 03-05-2024 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277648)
I feel like my counselor and partners will be unhelpful about transferring ppl to other countries anyway. During town hall, the partner was like threatening us showing all the news of layoffs in US/UK big 4 and saying that other countries are having stricter requirements for hiring ppl from other countries. Basically like telling us you have nowhere else to go, other countries don’t want u. And you better stay and work here cause the economy is bad and you can be layoff

Transfer overseas? which big 4 does that? afaik they are different entities except for deloitte consulting sea. you need to apply and go through the entire process anyway. just apply if you like audit so much. no luck means no luck, got luck then okay great.