Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 03-05-2024 08:29 PM

wont it be wise for a local whom aint able to go the local auto uni to study their BA or Msc in malaysia university since its the same as private uni in singapore ; but it would had more initial job prospect such as big4 internship and significant lower cost which they wouldnt be getting in Singapore?

Unregistered 03-05-2024 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277662)
wont it be wise for a local whom aint able to go the local auto uni to study their BA or Msc in malaysia university since its the same as private uni in singapore ; but it would had more initial job prospect such as big4 internship and significant lower cost which they wouldnt be getting in Singapore?

with brain like this no wonder audit is on a nosedive

u think big 4 hire them because they have tonkatsu uni cert? then why u think fresh grad level dont have them?

Unregistered 03-05-2024 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277666)
with brain like this no wonder audit is on a nosedive

u think big 4 hire them because they have tonkatsu uni cert? then why u think fresh grad level dont have them?

Not Op. there are quite a number of msian associates (fresh grads) in big 4

I guess Op maybe upset about paying high school fees but ended up getting similar pay as msians who have paid lower school fees.

Unregistered 03-05-2024 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277668)
Not Op. there are quite a number of msian associates (fresh grads) in big 4

I guess Op maybe upset about paying high school fees but ended up getting similar pay as msians who have paid lower school fees.

they are malaysians but not tonkatsu uni fresh grad malaysians.

Unregistered 03-05-2024 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277662)

u rlly peanut brain.
sg local go msia uni??
there aint gonna be subsidy lol.
gonna be more expensive than private uni in sg.

and big4 hire msian because they cant attract the locals.
big4 jus make do with what they can :)

Unregistered 04-05-2024 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277541)
Hi, Im an S2 in EY Malaysia, and I have applied to SG Big 4 as well as mid tier like BDO, RSM, Crowe, but no replies so far. Can I know when is the recruitment for Big 4 SG usually?

Im just trying to go to SG cause my boyfriend lives there and he keeps asking me to move there for our future

recruitment phase over already, better wait till oct

Unregistered 04-05-2024 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277680)
u rlly peanut brain.
sg local go msia uni??
there aint gonna be subsidy lol.
gonna be more expensive than private uni in sg.

and big4 hire msian because they cant attract the locals.
big4 jus make do with what they can :)

Perhaps now, local graduates have the sense not to follow the paths taken by their predecessors. Maybe in a few years time, Big 4 Singapore will operate as “branches”

Unregistered 04-05-2024 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277753)
Perhaps now, local graduates have the sense not to follow the paths taken by their predecessors. Maybe in a few years time, Big 4 Singapore will operate as “branches”

This profession should go. Hope blockchain come and take over everthing.

Unregistered 04-05-2024 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277742)
recruitment phase over already, better wait till oct

I applied last year Oct but did not get any replies or interviews. Then I created a new email address in March this year and applied again. Still nothing.

I applied to other accounting jobs too, but no replies too.

Shud I ask my bf to just marry me?

Unregistered 05-05-2024 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277764)
I applied last year Oct but did not get any replies or interviews. Then I created a new email address in March this year and applied again. Still nothing.

Whats ur calibre. U sure he wan marry u?

Unregistered 05-05-2024 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277764)

Asking strangers about your life choices,

Truly a Singaporean moment!

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:39 AM

Got a job offer for internal audit but at the same pay as my current pay. Would it be a good idea to accept it for the time being and tide over the next 2 years? I'm worried that if I don't accept it, I won't be getting any other offer soon because he job market looks super bad, this is one of the very few interviews that progressed to the 2nd and final stage even though I've been applying to jobs for the whole year. Anyone else has more success with job hunting and have any tips to share?

Unregistered 06-05-2024 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277853)
Got a job offer for internal audit but at the same pay as my current pay. Would it be a good idea to accept it for the time being and tide over the next 2 years? I'm worried that if I don't accept it, I won't be getting any other offer soon because he job market looks super bad, this is one of the very few interviews that progressed to the 2nd and final stage even though I've been applying to jobs for the whole year. Anyone else has more success with job hunting and have any tips to share?

it's almost july... it's not same pay anymore, it's gonna be a whole paycut once you get your payraise or promotion...

it's hard to find a pay jump nowadays anyway, every company says auditors are overpaid

Unregistered 06-05-2024 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277856)
it's almost july... it's not same pay anymore, it's gonna be a whole paycut once you get your payraise or promotion...

it's hard to find a pay jump nowadays anyway, every company says auditors are overpaid

Ya here a lot weird ppl, like audit a lot weird ppl. Gg get pay rise soon but they want change job now. And its after super peak. Not i wan jp.. but u see the auditors now.. they got use brain think 1 anot.

Unregistered 06-05-2024 02:35 PM

Quote:

I think it's worth considering if your health is affected. Dunno about that person but I did the same because even 3 months would have been hell on my mental health. Even with the payraise, it won't be of much use unless they're going to be promoted to manager because companies have a fixed budget for their roles and internal pay parity, and most good audit exit opps are getting outsourced to KL and BKK nowadays. Of course if you're going to become manager then just hang on for the 2 months la, the exit opps for managers are completely different from senior.

Unregistered 06-05-2024 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277870)
I think it's worth considering if your health is affected. Dunno about that person but I did the same because even 3 months would have been hell on my mental health. Even with the payraise, it won't be of much use unless they're going to be promoted to manager because companies have a fixed budget for their roles and internal pay parity, and most good audit exit opps are getting outsourced to KL and BKK nowadays. Of course if you're going to become manager then just hang on for the 2 months la, the exit opps for managers are completely different from senior.

I'm S1 going to S2 and stuck on a **** client which I can't bear to continue doing until bonus.

Unregistered 06-05-2024 04:23 PM

Heard that there will be pay revision this year for Blue. Anyone else heard it too?

Unregistered 06-05-2024 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277875)
Heard that there will be pay revision this year for Blue. Anyone else heard it too?

I hope that’s the case. so that more ppl want stay to be senior. in my last peak, I had to do senior job while being a2 zzzzz and manager don’t wan approve OT. Just tendered byebye hope they can hire more seniors if the pay increase

Unregistered 06-05-2024 05:12 PM

Seniors are underpaid af...

Unregistered 06-05-2024 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277877)
I hope that’s the case. so that more ppl want stay to be senior. in my last peak, I had to do senior job while being a2 zzzzz and manager don’t wan approve OT. Just tendered byebye hope they can hire more seniors if the pay increase

I heard the pay increase is for one rank only LOL

Seniors all resign finish alrdy I donno how they're going to keep them

Even the A2s are leaving once they get the promotion, the peak this year is just spectacularly bad

Hearsay MOM rejected a lot of SP and EP application for auditors, I wonder if they will just use remote seniors from Malaysia everything email email email only hahaha

Unregistered 06-05-2024 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277878)
Seniors are underpaid af...

Non-tech and non-finance industry in SG in general is underpaid. I've attended so many interviews and every one of them offered so little for 4 years of experience. Luckily I got a referral and managed to snag an entry-level non accounting role that gave me a pay bump. No wonder the intake for accountancy is falling....

Unregistered 06-05-2024 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277879)
I heard the pay increase is for one rank only LOL

Seniors all resign finish alrdy I donno how they're going to keep them

Even the A2s are leaving once they get the promotion, the peak this year is just spectacularly bad

Hearsay MOM rejected a lot of SP and EP application for auditors, I wonder if they will just use remote seniors from Malaysia everything email email email only hahaha

Wtfff. U hear from who? Ok I glad I tender dyyyy lol Dec2024 audit teams are ****ed

Unregistered 06-05-2024 06:26 PM

My colleagues and I are discussing how to avoid the next peak period.

Unregistered 06-05-2024 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277886)
My colleagues and I are discussing how to avoid the next peak period.

I’ve been saving the chickenpox card all my life.

Unregistered 06-05-2024 08:59 PM

Quote:

How are auditors overpaid … work like dog for 3/4 years leh.7 days a week . Even on holidays need to check computer.
The 3-4 years in big 4 is equivalent to 5-6 years commercial.

The current fresh graduate pay is around $4.3k on average. We are only getting paid a few hundred more.

Unregistered 06-05-2024 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277895)
How are auditors overpaid … work like dog for 3/4 years leh.7 days a week . Even on holidays need to check computer.

The current fresh graduate pay is around $4.3k on average. We are only getting paid a few hundred more.

can see why senior batches are leaving... imagine bringing home same pay as the entry baobao and then need to clean up all the turds they leave behind

lol high pay at entry level to lure u in .. great play big 4

Unregistered 06-05-2024 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277896)
can see why senior batches are leaving... imagine bringing home same pay as the entry baobao and then need to clean up all the turds they leave behind

lol high pay at entry level to lure u in .. great play big 4

Exactly. Need to let entry baobao bang some walls. (;

Unregistered 06-05-2024 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277884)
Wtfff. U hear from who? Ok I glad I tender dyyyy lol Dec2024 audit teams are ****ed

People who attended the announcement

I was on leave sooo

Unregistered 06-05-2024 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277895)

SG companies are cheapskate and want to spend minimum dollar on their finance department, nothing new. even finance consulting is not spared. one person do 2-3 people job until no work life balance. people don't leave good roles so the good finance roles never become available.

your 2nd paragraph is precisely why i resigned. so many news about people dying in their 20s and 30s from working until 4am, i do not want to be one of them at just 4.8k salary. can't even afford a hdb at this wage.

Unregistered 06-05-2024 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277902)
People who attended the announcement

I was on leave sooo

Huhhh? They openly announce the pay rise only for 1rank? Lol r they trying to make more ppl tender?

Unregistered 06-05-2024 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277907)
Huhhh? They openly announce the pay rise only for 1rank? Lol r they trying to make more ppl tender?

From the previous posts, they mentioned its associate 1 pay. $4k

They just need local associates and foreign seniors. It will work

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277880)
Non-tech and non-finance industry in SG in general is underpaid. I've attended so many interviews and every one of them offered so little for 4 years of experience. Luckily I got a referral and managed to snag an entry-level non accounting role that gave me a pay bump. No wonder the intake for accountancy is falling....

lol the gov is not doing much to save this industry. The root cause has not been eliminated: there's no work life balance and low wages. The situation won't change much in the future, even with the extra exemptions given to future accounting graduates. I guess sgp will become the “global accountancy hub” by outsourcing or relying on foreign manpower.

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277910)

No more foreign seniors worrr. MOM don’t wanna approve work pass dyy

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277914)
lol the gov is not doing much to save this industry. The root cause has not been eliminated: there's no work life balance and low wages. The situation won't change much in the future, even with the extra exemptions given to future accounting graduates. I guess sgp will become the “global accountancy hub” by outsourcing or relying on foreign manpower.

I started my career in this field, so I’ve never “tasted” this work life balance you speak of.

It’s like asking a blind person to visualise colours.

How do people outside spend their time, if not in office until late?

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277910)

My firm hasn’t announced anything.

But I would imagine if they raise A1, shouldn’t the other ranks ask for a revision too?

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277917)
No more foreign seniors worrr. MOM don’t wanna approve work pass dyy

Not an issue, seniors are getting outsourced at 2k SGD. Just let the local associate go down to client to show face and vouch, not like seniors do much paper vouching anyway.

I'm guessing they're gonna do it like this:
A1 4k
A2 4.2k
S1 4.8k
S2 5.3k

Prestige of "high-pay" entry level (which is what students care about) is maintained and they get to hire 5 foreigners for every local, win-win.

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277922)
Not an issue, seniors are getting outsourced at 2k SGD. Just let the local associate go down to client to show face and vouch, not like seniors do much paper vouching anyway.

A1 4k
A2 4.2k
S1 4.8k
S2 5.3k

Prestige of "high-pay" entry level (which is what students care about) is maintained and they get to hire 5 foreigners for every local, win-win.

Yeap please do this. Let this be the tipping point for more resignation

Unregistered 07-05-2024 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277923)
Yeap please do this. Let this be the tipping point for more resignation

800 more for 2 YOE? Lemao better off flip prata at downstairkopitiam

Unregistered 07-05-2024 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277922)

A1 4k
A2 4.2k
S1 4.8k
S2 5.3k

Nah 4k isn’t enough. If you want to appeal fresh grads you just need to game the GES by offering high starting pay.

Imagine if they pay A1 5k but increase by $200 every year… it will still work better.

Unregistered 07-05-2024 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277942)
Nah 4k isn’t enough. If you want to appeal fresh grads you just need to game the GES by offering high starting pay.

Imagine if they pay A1 5k but increase by $200 every year… it will still work better.

Difficult bro. Recovery cannot cover. The more u progress , the thinner ur team should be. Audit is on triangle model, not inverted triangle. Cannot top heavy:)