Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 07-05-2024 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277922)
Not an issue, seniors are getting outsourced at 2k SGD. Just let the local associate go down to client to show face and vouch, not like seniors do much paper vouching anyway.

I'm guessing they're gonna do it like this:
A1 4k
A2 4.2k
S1 4.8k
S2 5.3k

Prestige of "high-pay" entry level (which is what students care about) is maintained and they get to hire 5 foreigners for every local, win-win.

Any big 4 already start to outsource senior? I know mazars is hiring many ppl in kl for local client

Unregistered 07-05-2024 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277944)
Difficult bro. Recovery cannot cover. The more u progress , the thinner ur team should be. Audit is on triangle model, not inverted triangle. Cannot top heavy:)

Not just audit but other service lines too.

But impacts audit more heavily due to the lower fees and margins. Would be great if the govt could step in to intervene with audit fees by setting a floor. And big four setting lower margin requirements - sorry partners

For a more sustainable industry?

Unregistered 07-05-2024 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277942)
Nah 4k isn’t enough. If you want to appeal fresh grads you just need to game the GES by offering high starting pay.

Imagine if they pay A1 5k but increase by $200 every year… it will still work better.

inb4 4.5k starting pay but no bonus

Unregistered 07-05-2024 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277948)

But impacts audit more heavily due to the lower fees and margins. Would be great if the govt could step in to intervene with audit fees by setting a floor. And big four setting lower margin requirements - sorry partners

Can do audit and sus assurance tgt. Now new ep100 block the NAS sb jia lat. Even if not member firm if u in group audit, especially listed client totally cannot provide NAS.

Unregistered 07-05-2024 08:37 PM

So only first year 4k then consecutive year go back to normal? Who will accept this?

Unregistered 07-05-2024 09:37 PM

My fellow ex auditors, how’s the job market outside? Dun wan to stuck in this pitiful role leh, burnt out liao helpz

Unregistered 07-05-2024 09:38 PM

Saw one job advert say one small small startup finding finance executive, prerequisite is must come from big4, celery $3k. LOL siaobo

Unregistered 07-05-2024 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277978)
Saw one job advert say one small small startup finding finance executive, prerequisite is must come from big4, celery $3k. LOL siaobo

They outsourcing ?

Unregistered 07-05-2024 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277977)
My fellow ex auditors, how’s the job market outside? Dun wan to stuck in this pitiful role leh, burnt out liao helpz

bad. see the other reply about 3k for experienced staff. that's the reality even if you leave audit, no one will pay you above audit pay.

even if there is a well-paying role, expect it to be snatched by lowballing laid-off finance managers and controllers.

been looking for a role for so many months and contemplating an outright career change at this point.

Unregistered 07-05-2024 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277983)
bad. see the other reply about 3k for experienced staff. that's the reality even if you leave audit, no one will pay you above audit pay.

even if there is a well-paying role, expect it to be snatched by lowballing laid-off finance managers and controllers.

been looking for a role for so many months and contemplating an outright career change at this point.

Sounds like my experience. Always get to second and final round interview, then they'll say 'Nothing wrong with your experience, it's just that we went with a candidate with more years of relevant experience'. It's so depressing.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277983)

Same. I also been job searching since last year and feel hopeless when see co ask for 5yrs experience finance manager with salary 5k.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278006)
Same. I also been job searching since last year and feel hopeless when see co ask for 5yrs experience finance manager with salary 5k.

Recently left, been searching for 9 months before that, left as manager and got 1 rank pay increment. I also know people who recently left and got 2 rank pay increase. All left for MNCs (they usually pay better)

Just know how you can bring value and sell it. If you can't sell that or don't know how you can value-add, then you deserve lower pay.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278018)
Recently left, been searching for 9 months before that, left as manager and got 1 rank pay increment. I also know people who recently left and got 2 rank pay increase. All left for MNCs (they usually pay better)

Just know how you can bring value and sell it. If you can't sell that or don't know how you can value-add, then you deserve lower pay.

9 months is pretty long. I hope I can get a job before Dec 24 peak. Based on the ppl above seems like going to be real bad

Unregistered 08-05-2024 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277948)

Dont know which firm you are in. Big4 Audit margins are high, engagement economics always look like **** because of cost accounting and all the inbuilt margins, in reality you can charge 16 hours per day @ $160 charge rate but your cost is still fixed to 4k.

Just pay attention during townhalls, audit profit margin is easily 30+% then take a look at your listcos profit margin.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 04:55 PM

As far as i can tell, only financial services industry jobs incl fintech can match or possibly give higher than audit pay. The rest 99% is ggpaycutsrynotstyidgaf.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 05:27 PM

Is pwc audit the highest paid now? Heard the revised salary….
How about the rest

Unregistered 08-05-2024 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278030)
Is pwc audit the highest paid now? Heard the revised salary….
How about the rest

Only for associates ?

Unregistered 08-05-2024 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278026)
As far as i can tell, only financial services industry jobs incl fintech can match or possibly give higher than audit pay. The rest 99% is ggpaycutsrynotstyidgaf.

This is my experience too, unfortunately if you didn't audit FS companies you're **** out of luck.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278031)
Only for associates ?

Just go work 2 years then chao

Unregistered 09-05-2024 12:35 AM

The irony is FS depts in all big 4 appear to be lacking the most ppl. Private equity, banks and insurance/re-insurance firms are the most willing to hire big4 auditors w/o commercial exp at matching or higher salary. Yet no one wants to do FS audit.

Unregistered 09-05-2024 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278074)
The irony is FS depts in all big 4 appear to be lacking the most ppl. Private equity, banks and insurance/re-insurance firms are the most willing to hire big4 auditors w/o commercial exp at matching or higher salary. Yet no one wants to do FS audit.

cos grinding in FS/insurance audits for 3-4 years sounds easy and bearable when i type all this out but imagine 3-4 years of no life work like zombie until 2-3 am in real life

Unregistered 09-05-2024 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278075)
cos grinding in FS/insurance audits for 3-4 years sounds easy and bearable when i type all this out but imagine 3-4 years of no life work like zombie until 2-3 am in real life

Yeah, FS audit has the worst peak. Year round, high expectations since frequent inspections, tons of work.

Unregistered 09-05-2024 08:25 AM

Quote:

I’m in pwc banking and we are under staffed but there is lower hiring cause the firm still cannot accept the effects of the previous salary increase. Partners say they die die want 50% margin facepalm

Unregistered 09-05-2024 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278092)
I’m in pwc banking and we are under staffed but there is lower hiring cause the firm still cannot accept the effects of the previous salary increase. Partners say they die die want 50% margin facepalm

How much is fs audit salary and bonus ?

Unregistered 09-05-2024 12:02 PM

Anyone here joined as A2 after completing work study internship program? How’s the learning curve?

Unregistered 09-05-2024 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278098)
How much is fs audit salary and bonus ?

same as other depts.

fs audit just harder to hire people because need specialized knowledge which GA seniors won't have, so retention of homegrown associates and hiring FS audit foreigners is important.

unfortunately audit hiring has dropped to a scary new low. i've even referred managers and S2 from big 4 and mid tier but they didn't get a single interview, 2 years ago they would have been flooded with offers. so much for an 'iron rice bowl', at this stage even advisory is not so jialat.

Unregistered 09-05-2024 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278110)
same as other depts.

fs audit just harder to hire people because need specialized knowledge which GA seniors won't have, so retention of homegrown associates and hiring FS audit foreigners is important.

unfortunately audit hiring has dropped to a scary new low. i've even referred managers and S2 from big 4 and mid tier but they didn't get a single interview, 2 years ago they would have been flooded with offers. so much for an 'iron rice bowl', at this stage even advisory is not so jialat.

Are u from pwc banking oso? Hahahah agreee with evrythng u say.
In 2022 and before, during dec time, they will bring in Banking and insurance A2 and seniors from Malaysia.
In 2023, my Malaysia banking friends say they apply but no interview also. Tats why we so dying last peak T.T

Unregistered 09-05-2024 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278038)
This is my experience too, unfortunately if you didn't audit FS companies you're **** out of luck.

not true, scroll linkedin, you will find many that have made the switch. banks also have an internal split by which sectors they serve. your valuation, project financing etc need people that know more about the sector than FS knowledge itself.

industry expertise itself is not hard to pick up anyway...

Unregistered 09-05-2024 07:36 PM

Quote:

I think you are a bit delusional. The statement is just, no one wants to do audit. Just because you slap FS in front of the word doesnt make it better. Whats stopping the person from just applying to the bank direct? Do you really think that a few years in audit will propel your career? Just look at the pay range for analyst and associate on careers.gov, even with the "slower" progression, audit is still losing out because the pay didnt change for donkey years and is still playing catchup. the profession has just become 3rd tier

Unregistered 09-05-2024 08:43 PM

Quote:

Mas regulation is horrible. Do will cry.

Unregistered 09-05-2024 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278132)
I think you are a bit delusional. The statement is just, no one wants to do audit. Just because you slap FS in front of the word doesnt make it better. Whats stopping the person from just applying to the bank direct? Do you really think that a few years in audit will propel your career? Just look at the pay range for analyst and associate on careers.gov, even with the "slower" progression, audit is still losing out because the pay didnt change for donkey years and is still playing catchup. the profession has just become 3rd tier

Ya man, bro need to wake up. Audit still audit, just which industry and regulation to follow. Trying to humble brag this low end job. Tsk.. the pay is still bad.

Unregistered 09-05-2024 09:14 PM

How’s the real estate sector audit? Any good prospects?
Seems like many are leaving

Unregistered 09-05-2024 09:32 PM

What’s s1 salary? Is it close to 5k now?

Unregistered 09-05-2024 09:39 PM

I Predict the situation similar to Covid thAt time where many ppl leave and aren’t replaced and more ppl get fed up and resign too. Then it caused the firm to suddenly need to hire a lot.
So they’re just trying their best to run a tight ship but eventually it gonna burst and they will go on hiring spree

Unregistered 09-05-2024 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278147)
What’s s1 salary? Is it close to 5k now?

$400 more than a2 orange revised pay

Unregistered 10-05-2024 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278148)
I Predict the situation similar to Covid thAt time where many ppl leave and aren’t replaced and more ppl get fed up and resign too. Then it caused the firm to suddenly need to hire a lot.
So they’re just trying their best to run a tight ship but eventually it gonna burst and they will go on hiring spree

Its time to renew ep. A lot get reject lol. Heard from other dept.

Unregistered 10-05-2024 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278163)
Its time to renew ep. A lot get reject lol. Heard from other dept.

i mean.. EPs are meant for highly skilled foreign professionals, managers and executives... dont think this description fits audit seniors imo :)

Unregistered 10-05-2024 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278144)
How’s the real estate sector audit? Any good prospects?
Seems like many are leaving

those actively hiring in mkts right now are real-estate specialized professional firms just like b4 (e.g. IQEQ, SS&C etc.); dont be delulu and think that once quit audit can enjoy your life here, chances are they are even more toxic than b4, with lower progression and peanut bonuses at YE. best exit should be in-house role in real estate investment firms/funds but the HC there are very very limited, if u dont know anybody inside/recruiters with good connections is impossible to get in

Unregistered 10-05-2024 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278164)
i mean.. EPs are meant for highly skilled foreign professionals, managers and executives... dont think this description fits audit seniors imo :)

They under ep..older pass before compass model allow lower wage even 5k is minimum

Unregistered 10-05-2024 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278164)

Bro google search leh...