Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 10-05-2024 08:35 AM

How come ISCA allowed exemption for 2 x SCAQ paper for local uni graduates and sponsor 2 x SCAQ paper to local uni undergraduate

So by the end of uni course, the local uni graduates would have completed 4 out of 5 papers. They just need to 1 x Capstone exam.

Isn't ISCA is breaking their own rules that they previously set in year 2013? The simple rule that stated "in order to achieve CA, you must work + study (combo rule) at the same time"?

Unregistered 10-05-2024 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278163)
Its time to renew ep. A lot get reject lol. Heard from other dept.

My firm lost few seniors and supervisors coz of tis. Back 2 their country lol

Unregistered 10-05-2024 10:46 AM

What are the salary ranges now? Appreciate some input:

Orange
A1:
A2:
S1:
S2:
AM:
M:

Yellow
A1:
A2:
S1:
S2:
AM:
M:

Blue
A1:
A2:
S1:
S2:
AM:
M:

Green
A1:
A2:
S1:
S2:
AM:
M:

Unregistered 10-05-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278180)
How come ISCA allowed exemption for 2 x SCAQ paper for local uni graduates and sponsor 2 x SCAQ paper to local uni undergraduate

So by the end of uni course, the local uni graduates would have completed 4 out of 5 papers. They just need to 1 x Capstone exam.

Isn't ISCA is breaking their own rules that they previously set in year 2013? The simple rule that stated "in order to achieve CA, you must work + study (combo rule) at the same time"?

Kindly refer to page 1590 - 1592 😂

Unregistered 10-05-2024 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278189)
Kindly refer to page 1590 - 1592 😂

I mean how come ISCA break their own rule that they set in Year 2013?

If we look at HK CPA, US CPA, UK CA, all have them have to "Work (clock hours) + Study (5 papers)" = Combo rule in order to become a CPA.

Why before local uni graduate can already take 2 papers (accerlated pathway) and after grad still can exempt 2 paper?

Why change this rule ?

Unregistered 10-05-2024 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278190)
I mean how come ISCA break their own rule that they set in Year 2013?

If we look at HK CPA, US CPA, UK CA, all have them have to "Work (clock hours) + Study (5 papers)" = Combo rule in order to become a CPA.

Why before local uni graduate can already take 2 papers (accerlated pathway) and after grad still can exempt 2 paper?

Why change this rule ?

Last time local grad never need to take scaq to get CA SG

Unregistered 10-05-2024 11:19 AM

Is Big4 using AI software to do vouching?

If so, why do client like me pay so much for Big4 audit fees?

Also, if Big4 is outsourcing to India, then my audit fees should be lower right !!

Why every year keep increasing audit fees?

Unregistered 10-05-2024 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278191)
Last time local grad never need to take scaq to get CA SG

In Year 2013, ISCA embarked on this route "Work under ATO + Study Exam 5 papers" = Combo Rule

A bit like lawyer taking bar exam.

Now the rule totally changed because nobody want take SCAQ.

ISCA give so much concession

Unregistered 10-05-2024 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278192)
Is Big4 using AI software to do vouching?

If so, why do client like me pay so much for Big4 audit fees?

Also, if Big4 is outsourcing to India, then my audit fees should be lower right !!

Why every year keep increasing audit fees?

Mostly still manual vouching, with a lot of additional work done due to the new standard requirements and changes in methodology.

But they won’t tell you if they are outsourcing or not.

Unregistered 10-05-2024 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278193)
In Year 2013, ISCA embarked on this route "Work under ATO + Study Exam 5 papers" = Combo Rule

They lowered the exam fees, gave more exemptions to future graduates, signed more reciprocal agreements.

Dun think this cert is on the same level of prestige as lawyers

Unregistered 10-05-2024 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278197)
They lowered the exam fees, gave more exemptions to future graduates, signed more reciprocal agreements.

Dun think this cert is on the same level of prestige as lawyers

I mean last time they want to do like HK CPA QP and USA CPA

But now before grad can do 2 x paper

Still call QP meh

Unregistered 10-05-2024 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278193)

My time is prior to 2013 no such thing.

Yes sorry, this thread a lot of old uncles like me.

Unregistered 10-05-2024 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278213)
My time is prior to 2013 no such thing.

Yes sorry, this thread a lot of old uncles like me.

Shiok lor

5-days workshop right?

CEO Fann Kor herself admit she is a 5-days workshop CA as compare to "5 x SCAQ paper ATO CA".

Now with Accelerated Pathway (AP), What is this CA called?

"2 x undergrad SCAQ paper (AP) + 2 x exemption SCAQ paper + 1 x Capstone CA"

Is so much flexible now

Unregistered 10-05-2024 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278216)
Shiok lor

5-days workshop right?

CEO Fann Kor herself admit she is a 5-days workshop CA as compare to "5 x SCAQ paper ATO CA".

Now with Accelerated Pathway (AP), What is this CA called?

"2 x undergrad SCAQ paper (AP) + 2 x exemption SCAQ paper + 1 x Capstone CA"

Is so much flexible now

Yea sux to be those in between or in this industry in the first place

Unregistered 10-05-2024 04:52 PM

In orange now and friends in blue and yellow. No news of this revised salary. Source???

Unregistered 10-05-2024 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278227)
In orange now and friends in blue and yellow. No news of this revised salary. Source???

There’s no such thing. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Some of those posters don’t even work in B4. They post false or misleading information in an attempt to bait those with the real information to correct them.

Unregistered 10-05-2024 06:51 PM

Isn’t market bad

Unregistered 10-05-2024 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278241)
Isn’t market bad

I’ve heard this since 2003.

Has market EVER been good for us?

Unregistered 10-05-2024 07:23 PM

No salary adjustment Idiots. Partners everyday complain about the last pay increase and keep wanting to increase audit fee cause of it. Somemore think got pay adjustment again? Keep dreaming stupid

Unregistered 10-05-2024 07:24 PM

Quote:

How much is your pay? I think the revised pay is only for new hire.

Unregistered 10-05-2024 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278244)
No salary adjustment Idiots. Partners everyday complain about the last pay increase and keep wanting to increase audit fee cause of it. Somemore think got pay adjustment again? Keep dreaming stupid

Well, the workload has been increasing across all ranks as well...increase pay, increase workload.

Unregistered 10-05-2024 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278244)

Why would they complain when they are the ones who raised it in the first place?

Unregistered 10-05-2024 08:11 PM

What is S1 salary?

Unregistered 10-05-2024 08:17 PM

U think partners so good increase salary for u? They know it’s cause of increased workload cause can’t even hire from Malaysia anymore. No idiot wants to do this jobs anymore.

Unregistered 10-05-2024 08:32 PM

Is there difference between A1 and A2?

Unregistered 10-05-2024 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278257)
Is there difference between A1 and A2?

$200-300, minor

Unregistered 10-05-2024 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278256)
U think partners so good increase salary for u? They know it’s cause of increased workload cause can’t even hire from Malaysia anymore. No idiot wants to do this jobs anymore.

Then why are you still here?

Unregistered 10-05-2024 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278256)

The increase is only $200-400 after COVID, not keeping up with other factors like inflation, GST, that have increased over the years.

GES shows that accounting starting salaries are much lower than other courses. Historically, yes, they have always been lower, but the gap between the starting salaries of accounting and other courses is widening.

Unregistered 10-05-2024 09:30 PM

There have been complaints from NTU, NUS, and SMU graduates regarding exemptions for CPA Australia members. However, ISCA seems to be addressing these concerns by introducing an Accelerated Pathway. Under this program, current undergraduate students from these universities can start tackling ISCA SCAQ papers early, completing two during their university years and then being exempted from two more upon starting work. This essentially means they only need to complete one Capstone paper after graduation, leveling the playing field for all.

ISCA's CEO, Fann Kor, acknowledges the challenges of balancing work and studies, which is why the Accelerated Pathway has been introduced. This initiative aims to streamline the qualification process, with future local graduates, CPA Australia, and possibly ACCA members all just needing to complete one Capstone exam.

However, there's still a discrepancy for graduates between 2013 and 2023 who must complete five papers under the old system. But they can benefit from exemptions, reducing their workload to just three papers.

In an effort to attract more members, ISCA should consider reverting to the old system of a five-day workshop and three years of experience, which would accommodate local graduates, ACCA, and CPA Australia members.

There are also discussions about the necessity of the ATO requirement, especially for companies where the finance department is not a significant part of operations.

While ISCA has signed RMAs and MRA with various international bodies, some of these agreements seem less practical, as professionals are unlikely to relocate due to tax system differences.

The recent introduction of the Accelerated Pathway seems to contradict ISCA's previous rules set in 2013, which required candidates to work full-time while studying for the SCAQ. This change allows undergraduates to complete two SCAQ papers during their university years, suggesting a shift in ISCA's approach.

In essence, ISCA is undergoing significant changes to its qualification process, aiming to accommodate a wider range of candidates while also addressing previous criticisms and challenges.

Unregistered 10-05-2024 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278262)
The increase is only $200-400 after COVID, not keeping up with other factors like inflation, GST, that have increased over the years.

GES shows that accounting starting salaries are much lower than other courses. Historically, yes, they have always been lower, but the gap between the starting salaries of accounting and other courses is widening.

Cannot compare against other courses because the nature of work, complexity, and purpose all different.

Anyway no one point a gun to your head force you to join. You should have considered this before applying in the first place if salaries is so important to you.

Unregistered 11-05-2024 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278263)
There have been complaints from NTU, NUS, and SMU graduates regarding exemptions for CPA Australia members. However, ISCA seems to be addressing these concerns by introducing an Accelerated Pathway. Under this program, current undergraduate students from these universities can start tackling ISCA SCAQ papers early, completing two during their university years and then being exempted from two more upon starting work. This essentially means they only need to complete one Capstone paper after graduation, leveling the playing field for all.

ISCA's CEO, Fann Kor, acknowledges the challenges of balancing work and studies, which is why the Accelerated Pathway has been introduced. This initiative aims to streamline the qualification process, with future local graduates, CPA Australia, and possibly ACCA members all just needing to complete one Capstone exam.

However, there's still a discrepancy for graduates between 2013 and 2023 who must complete five papers under the old system. But they can benefit from exemptions, reducing their workload to just three papers.

In an effort to attract more members, ISCA should consider reverting to the old system of a five-day workshop and three years of experience, which would accommodate local graduates, ACCA, and CPA Australia members.

There are also discussions about the necessity of the ATO requirement, especially for companies where the finance department is not a significant part of operations.

While ISCA has signed RMAs and MRA with various international bodies, some of these agreements seem less practical, as professionals are unlikely to relocate due to tax system differences.

The recent introduction of the Accelerated Pathway seems to contradict ISCA's previous rules set in 2013, which required candidates to work full-time while studying for the SCAQ. This change allows undergraduates to complete two SCAQ papers during their university years, suggesting a shift in ISCA's approach.

In essence, ISCA is undergoing significant changes to its qualification process, aiming to accommodate a wider range of candidates while also addressing previous criticisms and challenges.

This is wad happen when sub par performance hold the board.
No vision no meaning benefit to the industry or profession. Keep making u turn. Might as well go back pre 2013. Come on la. See isca annual report i laugh till faint.
Sg should just be sg, dont try to be funny go compare with other global bodies. So greedy and no logic. Imagine im in uk take scaq for what f...
.accountancy should act like accountancy. Need expert from a jurisdiction go find the ca there, dont try to be funny.

Unregistered 11-05-2024 10:43 AM

To me 2013 was just a few years ago so it feels quite weird to hear people call it the OLD.

It’s not that we are OLD, it’s that you are YOUNG.

Unregistered 11-05-2024 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278216)
Shiok lor

5-days workshop right?

Majority took the 5 days weekday option if their company sponsor study leave.

If like me didn’t get sponsored leave, we have to take the WEEKEND option which was 4 Sundays I remember.

Unregistered 11-05-2024 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278299)
To me 2013 was just a few years ago so it feels quite weird to hear people call it the OLD.

It’s not that we are OLD, it’s that you are YOUNG.

A decade old

Unregistered 11-05-2024 10:50 AM

There is an identified difference between those who took pre admission course and those who took the scaq

1) the membership number difference. The new ones start with “0” while the old ones start with “7” or “8” series. So when employer ask for your membership cert, they can identify which scheme you were under.

2) the old ones not eligible for all the membership agreements with foreign professional bodies. So if you want work overseas you will have a problem.

as much as I also want to take the new one, it is not feasible for someone my age already.

Unregistered 11-05-2024 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278302)
A decade old

But even you have to admit out of that decade, 4 years was basically a time skip arc.

Unregistered 11-05-2024 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278303)
There is an identified difference between those who took pre admission course and those who took the scaq

1) the membership number difference. The new ones start with “0” while the old ones start with “7” or “8” series. So when employer ask for your membership cert, they can identify which scheme you were under.

2) the old ones not eligible for all the membership agreements with foreign professional bodies. So if you want work overseas you will have a problem.

as much as I also want to take the new one, it is not feasible for someone my age already.

I am SCAQ candidate.

If next time I want to go Scotland be PA via RMA, must I study the Scotland tax system?

Unregistered 11-05-2024 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278324)
I am SCAQ candidate.

If next time I want to go Scotland be PA via RMA, must I study the Scotland tax system?

Of cos la. Ask u go jh land u also cant do tax.

Btw they come out with clown policies again. Wooo hhaaa woo haa so long summarized in 3 lame points LOL.

Unregistered 11-05-2024 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278303)

This whole SCAQ is a joke. Most people who are inside are those who took the pre admission course without going through any professional exams. How credible is this cert? Lol. I can bet if you ask the existing CA holders to take the exams to renew the licence almost everyone will let go of this "CA qualification".

Unregistered 11-05-2024 03:19 PM

Quote:

How much is the pay now?