Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 17-05-2024 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279023)
no revision for pwc, currently only deloitte and kpmg
they might revise it if ppl start rejecting offers tho

s://.channelnewsasia.com/watch/three-big-four-accounting-firms-announce-salary-revisions-4331621

PwC got revise la just don't know how much yet

Unregistered 17-05-2024 12:54 AM

Wow got hope.

How do you know btw? Did u ask the HR?

Unregistered 17-05-2024 01:01 AM

KPMG before revision $3.6k got bonus?

Unregistered 17-05-2024 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279028)
KPMG before revision $3.6k got bonus?

Kpmg before revision is $3.6k with bonus. Some people $4k cus they have at least 6 months intern or double degree or master degree.

Pwc and kpmg offer the same before revision. I hope after revision still the same too.

I received EY and Deloitte offer too. They offered only $3.5k before revision.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278961)
I was under the impression that the CA exam could only be taken while working full-time under ATO.

So now is possible to take the CA exam during undergraduate studies? This is the first time I have heard of such an arrangement.

Typically, exams like the CPA exam in the U.S. or the Hong Kong CPA exam closely resemble practice questions.

I'm curious about how undergraduates attempt the CA exam without full-time work experience.

Mid age professional who didnt work at ATO cannot take P lvl scaq.

Why only local grads only have this privilege?
Private grad cannot take meh

Unregistered 17-05-2024 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279030)
Kpmg before revision is $3.6k with bonus. Some people $4k cus they have at least 6 months intern or double degree or master degree.

Pwc and kpmg offer the same before revision. I hope after revision still the same too.

I received EY and Deloitte offer too. They offered only $3.5k before revision.

PwC before revision is 3.6k no bonus.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279026)
s://.channelnewsasia.com/watch/three-big-four-accounting-firms-announce-salary-revisions-4331621

PwC got revise la just don't know how much yet

wow.. imagine being a Big4 employee but finding out from the news rather than internally…

Unregistered 17-05-2024 10:04 AM

Hahaha so funny to see Big4 people excited over few hundred $ increase. That's just the cost of my monthly gym membership or a night out in town drinking

Unregistered 17-05-2024 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279045)
Hahaha so funny to see Big4 people excited over few hundred $ increase. That's just the cost of my monthly gym membership or a night out in town drinking

Imagine typing this at 10am lol

Unregistered 17-05-2024 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279046)

Im working hard but the things here more interesting than my work or office gossip

Unregistered 17-05-2024 10:58 AM

Can I still break into investment banking coming from audit background?

Unregistered 17-05-2024 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279051)

This is like i asking ppl whether i can date k pop idol for being an avg joe in singapore, cant afford hdb flat.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 11:40 AM

Quote:

Class of 2016 there was 1 guy who did it.

First Class Honors but follow girlfriend come audit, left after 2 years, went into banking, then into private equity then finally into investment banking.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 12:36 PM

ISCA and ACRA made a bad decision to introduce SCAQ back in year 2013?

So now U-turn got Accelerated Pathway and Exemptions for future undergraduate?

After graduation just do 1 Capstone?

Unregistered 17-05-2024 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279055)

Hmm I haven’t looked it up, but I really don’t think ISCA 2013 is the same team as ISCA 2024 though.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279055)

Yed they mix the tech module to uni. Dunno what thing uni teaching now. Frs in uni is diff from frs from isca module. Lol

Unregistered 17-05-2024 01:05 PM

Quote:

Back then many years ago when market was good, yes. Now impossible, especially with the layoffs going on.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278985)
Are all these increments for future graduates with a bonus or without?

To fund the increments, are they going to cut the bonuses from the existing staff?

no bonus for the fresh grads, i dont know about seniors.

still bad though, outside mnc pay same with bonus.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279027)
Wow got hope.

How do you know btw? Did u ask the HR?

No OP but the truth is nobody here knows more than you.

I work in B4 but I also get my info from public news article.

There was no internal announcement.. probably to prevent news leak.

So no point asking here

Unregistered 17-05-2024 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279063)
No OP but the truth is nobody here knows more than you.

I work in B4 but I also get my info from public news article.

There was no internal announcement.. probably to prevent news leak.

So no point asking here

People here seem to think Manager can increase Associate pay..

Unregistered 17-05-2024 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279046)

Why imagine. I'm free enough to work-from-home & s hitpost this while my comp is multiples of auditors pay. It's a hands-down win. it's nothing to "imagine"

Unregistered 17-05-2024 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279070)
Why imagine. I'm free enough to work-from-home & s hitpost this while my comp is multiples of auditors pay. It's a hands-down win. it's nothing to "imagine"

Dont be so honest. Hurt ppl feelings.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279056)
Hmm I haven’t looked it up, but I really don’t think ISCA 2013 is the same team as ISCA 2024 though.

We should hold ISCA as an organization accountable for its decisions over time. While different management teams may have influenced the specific policies in 2013 and 2024, the organization as a whole is responsible for the outcomes of its strategies and decisions.

The introduction of SCAQ in 2013 and the policy shift in 2024 are both part of ISCA's ongoing efforts to adapt and improve the accountancy profession in Singapore.

ISCA, as an organization, should be held accountable for strategic decisions that have shaped the trajectory of the accountancy profession in Singapore, demonstrating a problematic lack of consistency and foresight across its policy implementations.

The introduction of the SCAQ in 2013, which dramatically increased the rigor and barriers to entry into the profession, appears to be a severe miscalculation. This policy not only led to a significant decline in the number of new chartered accountants but may also have isolated the profession from young, talented individuals who found the process daunting and disproportionately challenging.

Fast forward to 2024, the significant policy shift to allow undergraduate students to clear most of the qualification before graduation suggests a reactive rather than proactive organizational strategy. This abrupt change can be perceived as an attempt to quickly remedy the dwindling numbers of professionals, indicating a knee-jerk response to earlier policy failures rather than a well-thought-out evolution of standards.

Such fluctuations in policy undermine ISCA’s credibility and reliability as a regulatory body, suggesting a broader organizational failure to align long-term strategic goals with the dynamic needs of the global financial landscape and its local stakeholders. This pattern of decision-making raises concerns about the organization's governance and its ability to effectively guide the accountancy profession into the future.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279057)
Yed they mix the tech module to uni. Dunno what thing uni teaching now. Frs in uni is diff from frs from isca module. Lol

We should hold ISCA as an organization accountable for its decisions over time. While different management teams may have influenced the specific policies in 2013 and 2024, the organization as a whole is responsible for the outcomes of its strategies and decisions.
The introduction of SCAQ in 2013 and the policy shift in 2024 are both part of ISCA's ongoing efforts to adapt and improve the accountancy profession in Singapore.

ISCA, as an national accountancy body, should be held accountable for strategic decisions that have shaped the trajectory of the accountancy profession in Singapore, demonstrating a problematic lack of consistency and foresight across its policy implementations.

The introduction of the SCAQ in 2013, which dramatically increased the rigor and barriers to entry into the profession, appears to be a severe miscalculation. This policy not only led to a significant decline in the number of new chartered accountants but may also have isolated the profession from young, talented individuals who found the process daunting and disproportionately challenging.

Fast forward to 2024, the significant policy shift to allow undergraduate students to clear most of the qualification before graduation and giving exemption to future graduates suggests a reactive rather than proactive organizational strategy. This abrupt change can be perceived as an attempt to quickly remedy the dwindling numbers of professionals, indicating a knee-jerk response to earlier policy failures rather than a well-thought-out evolution of standards.

Such fluctuations in policy undermine ISCA’s credibility and reliability as a national accountancy body, suggesting a broader organizational failure to align long-term strategic goals with the dynamic needs of the global financial landscape and its local stakeholders. This pattern of decision-making raises concerns about the organization's governance and its ability to effectively guide the accountancy profession into the future.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 03:46 PM

We should hold ISCA as national accountancy body accountable for its decisions over time. While different management teams may have influenced the specific policies in 2013 and 2024, the national accountancy body as a whole is responsible for the outcomes of its strategies and decisions.

Both the introduction of the SCAQ in 2013 and the policy shift in 2024 reflect decisions made under the umbrella of ISCA, demonstrating the national accountancy body's continuous influence over the trajectory of the accountancy profession in Singapore across different management teams.

ISCA, as an national accountancy body, should be held accountable for strategic decisions that have shaped the trajectory of the accountancy profession in Singapore, demonstrating a problematic lack of consistency and foresight across its policy implementations.

Fast forward to 2024, the significant policy shift to allow undergraduate students to two of the qualification paper before graduation and giving two exemption of the qualification paper to future graduates suggests a reactive rather than proactive organizational strategy.

This abrupt change can be perceived as an attempt to quickly remedy the dwindling numbers of professionals, indicating a knee-jerk response to earlier policy failures rather than a well-thought-out evolution of standards.

Such fluctuations in policy undermine ISCA’s credibility and reliability as a national accountancy body, suggesting a broader organizational failure to align long-term strategic goals with the dynamic needs of the global financial landscape and its local stakeholders.

This pattern of decision-making raises concerns about the organization's governance and its ability to effectively guide the accountancy profession into the future.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 03:47 PM

We should hold ISCA as national accountancy body accountable for its decisions over time. While different management teams may have influenced the specific policies in 2013 and 2024, the national accountancy body as a whole is responsible for the outcomes of its strategies and decisions.

Both the introduction of the SCAQ in 2013 and the policy shift in 2024 reflect decisions made under the umbrella of ISCA, demonstrating the national accountancy body's continuous influence over the trajectory of the accountancy profession in Singapore across different management teams.

Fast forward to 2024, the significant policy shift to allow undergraduate students to clear two of the qualification paper before graduation and giving two exemption of the qualification paper to future graduates suggests a reactive rather than proactive organizational strategy.

This abrupt change can be perceived as an attempt to quickly remedy the dwindling numbers of professionals, indicating a knee-jerk response to earlier policy failures rather than a well-thought-out evolution of standards.

Such fluctuations in policy undermine ISCA’s credibility and reliability as a national accountancy body, suggesting a broader organizational failure to align long-term strategic goals with the dynamic needs of the global financial landscape and its local stakeholders.

This pattern of decision-making raises concerns about the organization's governance and its ability to effectively guide the accountancy profession into the future.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 03:50 PM

No leh don’t make sense to me to hold the people of today accountable for actions done by previous generations.

That’s how some of the senseless conflicts in history happen.

A organisation is just a construct and a label, it’s not a human. It’s so intangible.

If I’m a member of the organisation, I also don’t think I will want to take responsibility for predecessor decisions.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 03:55 PM

Quote:

Same chance as if u currently working as bar tender
Which skill sets in audit make u relevant in investment banking? None
Besides teh ability to tahan long OT with peanut pay

Unregistered 17-05-2024 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279078)
Same chance as if u currently working as bar tender
Which skill sets in audit make u relevant in investment banking? None
Besides teh ability to tahan long OT with peanut pay

That is such a specific example that I have to ask, are you from NTU business by any chance

There is one guy who graduated to work as a bartender

Unregistered 17-05-2024 04:25 PM

Im just disgusted by how the take away ppl rights after 20 years of education and says im sry u born too late.

Fast forward to 2020 to 2024. They did a half uturn and tell ppl. Im sry u born too early.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279084)
Im just disgusted by how the take away ppl rights after 20 years of education and says im sry u born too late.

Fast forward to 2020 to 2024. They did a half uturn and tell ppl. Im sry u born too early.

I don't understand.

So ISCA did a half U-turn by introducing Accelerated Pathway Programme (APP) in 2024 and giving exemptions for "Financial Reporting in 2023" and giving exemption for "Tax in 2020" ?

I extracted the Timeline:

September 2020 - Exemption for Taxation Module

January 2023 - Exemption for Financial Reporting Module

April 2024 - Introduction of Accelerated Pathway Programme

Benefits
What are the Benefits of the APP?
Under the APP, ISCA will sponsor the following SCAQ-related fees:

- Annual SCAQ candidature fees till graduation from university.
- Module exemption fees (for up to 2 modules).
- One-time SCAQ module exam fees (except the IB module) for penultimate and final year students.
- Complimentary revision classes for the Assurance (AS) and Business value, governance - and risk (BG) modules for enrolled students.

Does it mean future undergrad will attempt 2 x SCAQ paper Assurance (AS) and Business value, governance - and risk (BG) during their uni day?

Unregistered 17-05-2024 04:50 PM

1. Current NTU Students, please do the following modules during your undergraduate course:

a. Advanced Taxation (BL9305/BL5305)

b. Financial Reporting (Both Risk Reporting and Analysis (AC3102) + Accounting Analysis and Valuation (AC3103)

2. Current NTU Students, please sign up as ISCA candidate and apply for Accelerated Pathway Programme (APP) and attempt the following 2 x SCAQ papers:

a. Assurance (AS)

b. Business value, governance and risk (BG)

Unregistered 17-05-2024 04:55 PM

I extracted the Timeline:

September 2020 - Exemption for SCAQ Taxation Module
a. NTU - Advanced Taxation (BL9305/BL5305)

January 2023 - Exemption for SCAQ Financial Reporting Module
b. NTU - Financial Reporting (Both Risk Reporting and Analysis (AC3102) + Accounting Analysis and Valuation (AC3103)

April 2024 - Introduction of Accelerated Pathway Programme
c. SCAQ module - Assurance (AS)
d. SCAQ module - Business value, governance and risk (BG)

Essentially, future undergraduate can clear 4 out 5 paper upon graduate

Unregistered 17-05-2024 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279083)
That is such a specific example that I have to ask, are you from NTU business by any chance

There is one guy who graduated to work as a bartender

Not from local uni. But my respect goes to the guy who become a bar tender with a uni degree, not auditor trying to become Ibanker lol

Unregistered 17-05-2024 05:07 PM

Quote:

I mean that’s just life right.

What about the people who served 2.5 years NS?
Or those of us who had to choose secondary school BEFORE the Psle results were released?I could have gone to a better school.
Or those of us who took O levels mathematics without calculator?
Or those of us who had to take Sec 5 cause last time no poly preparatory programme?
What about the cohort that got to serve BMT from home during circuit breaker
And the cohort that got to go university exchange with NO CAP on number of modules?
But subsequent cohorts got cap, and covid cohort cannot even go exchange
What about certain module that used to be graded then became S/U permitted?
Why last time no need do ICC now need?

wah I can list out many many more grievance relating to born too early / born too late man…

Unregistered 17-05-2024 05:20 PM

Quote:

I would have respect them if they did not make any u-turn

Unregistered 17-05-2024 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279091)
I mean that’s just life right.

What about the people who served 2.5 years NS?
Or those of us who had to choose secondary school BEFORE the Psle results were released?I could have gone to a better school.
Or those of us who took O levels mathematics without calculator?
Or those of us who had to take Sec 5 cause last time no poly preparatory programme?
What about the cohort that got to serve BMT from home during circuit breaker
And the cohort that got to go university exchange with NO CAP on number of modules?
But subsequent cohorts got cap, and covid cohort cannot even go exchange
What about certain module that used to be graded then became S/U permitted?
Why last time no need do ICC now need?

wah I can list out many many more grievance relating to born too early / born too late man…

Ya thats life man.. but dont ard oversell dreams. Its either u stand up to it or hide in the hole and say.. thats life man. Of cos the easiest way is hide in the hole.
Time will tell us whether they made a right move...anything cannot resolve.. just say this is a global issue... when there is credit everyone jump out to claim.. ya thats life man.

Unregistered 17-05-2024 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279093)
I would have respect them if they did not make any u-turn

Same. Funny decision. Ppl education is forward moving, only our local u ranked top ard the world is moving backwards. 5 days pac CA overpowered. Thats y they nerf the current gen?

Unregistered 17-05-2024 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279089)
Not from local uni. But my respect goes to the guy who become a bar tender with a uni degree, not auditor trying to become Ibanker lol

But I have accounting knowledge and financial modelling certificate from corporate finance institute. I will work towards CFA if I am in JP Morgan or Goldman IB

Unregistered 17-05-2024 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 279095)
Same. Funny decision. Ppl education is forward moving, only our local u ranked top ard the world is moving backwards. 5 days pac CA overpowered. Thats y they nerf the current gen?

What do you mean by "5 days pac CA overpowered. Thats y they nerf the current gen?"

Sorry. I don't get what u mean by pac and overpowered...and what you mean by "nerf" ?