Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 19-02-2022 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203743)
B4 auditing considered part of financial sector?

So ep assoc salary raising to 5.5k?

://mom.gov.sg/faq/employment-pass/how-do-i-know-if-my-company-is-considered-part-of-the-financial-services-sector

Audit usually under professional services

Unregistered 20-02-2022 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203754)
://mom.gov.sg/faq/employment-pass/how-do-i-know-if-my-company-is-considered-part-of-the-financial-services-sector

Audit usually under professional services

Audit in b4 website is financial service...

Unregistered 20-02-2022 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203781)
Audit in b4 website is financial service...

That's what they market to ppl lah. To trick kumgongs who can't get a real banking or finance job into thinking working in audit means being part of the coveted financial sector.

Tell me who sets Employment Pass policy? B4 or MOM?

Unregistered 20-02-2022 03:35 PM

Hi, what’s the chance of jumping from mid tier to big4 now? Currently an A2 in mid tier.

Unregistered 20-02-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203821)
Hi, what’s the chance of jumping from mid tier to big4 now? Currently an A2 in mid tier.

high chance if you are jhk because sinkie pwn sinkie

Unregistered 20-02-2022 06:16 PM

Quote:

Almost 0. May as well hire a fresh grad

Unregistered 20-02-2022 06:55 PM

What is jhk???

Unregistered 20-02-2022 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203820)
That's what they market to ppl lah. To trick kumgongs who can't get a real banking or finance job into thinking working in audit means being part of the coveted financial sector.

Tell me who sets Employment Pass policy? B4 or MOM?

Kumgongs are those who thinks 500 solves the discrimination in hiring and staffing issues. Which country solve these issues with 500.

Unregistered 20-02-2022 07:12 PM

Quote:

What is your pay now. You singaporean hard unless u jhk (jiu hu kia=malaysian).

I see mid tiers senior 3.3k to 3.6k. Zhun bo. Go do admin better pay and wlb.

Unregistered 20-02-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203848)
What is your pay now. You singaporean hard unless u jhk (jiu hu kia=malaysian).

I see mid tiers senior 3.3k to 3.6k. Zhun bo. Go do admin better pay and wlb.

Why sgporean hard?

Unregistered 20-02-2022 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203860)
Why sgporean hard?

U fresh grads? B4 is jhk village? Even if u go mid tiers or commercial.

Unregistered 21-02-2022 12:30 AM

Don’t worry bros and sis

This will be your future vt.tiktok.com/ZSevqsKMp/

Unregistered 21-02-2022 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203914)
Don’t worry bros and sis

This will be your future vt.tiktok.com/ZSevqsKMp/

Ya I agree . Due to long hours of stress + lack of sleep and exercise most big four guys would look like that but maybe without the Porsche :)

Unregistered 21-02-2022 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203916)
Ya I agree . Due to long hours of stress + lack of sleep and exercise most big four guys would look like that but maybe without the Porsche :)

I don’t know I heng or what but I didn’t work a single weekend during my 2+ years in big 4. Nobody forced me to OT in office. Senior asked me to work during weekends but I just wayang and made some minor edits on Sunday night and senior and manager were pleased with my performance. I worked on Sunday nights for 2 hours while I was a senior but quit already. Why you all so suay ah need to OT so much? I got time to exercise and have minimum 6 hours of sleep

Unregistered 21-02-2022 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203954)
I don’t know I heng or what but I didn’t work a single weekend during my 2+ years in big 4. Nobody forced me to OT in office. Senior asked me to work during weekends but I just wayang and made some minor edits on Sunday night and senior and manager were pleased with my performance. I worked on Sunday nights for 2 hours while I was a senior but quit already. Why you all so suay ah need to OT so much? I got time to exercise and have minimum 6 hours of sleep

confirm not from yellow

Unregistered 21-02-2022 02:17 PM

Quote:

Which colour? Dun be shy

Unregistered 21-02-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Maybe op is secretly yellow’s partner son lol

Unregistered 21-02-2022 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203997)
Maybe op is secretly yellow’s partner son lol

Sme dept.?

Unregistered 22-02-2022 07:29 PM

What is a good firm for international tax

Unregistered 22-02-2022 10:55 PM

When is the best time to quit? Feels like wont survive pass this peak.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204309)

It is never too early. Just throw.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204321)
It is never too early. Just throw.

Hows the job market these days. Scared cannot find job

Unregistered 22-02-2022 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204322)
Hows the job market these days. Scared cannot find job

You got at least 3 YoE in audit not? Move to corporate lor many opportunities

Unregistered 22-02-2022 11:26 PM

Busy season making my anxiety worst. Manager and senior pings me in the middle of the night, burn my weekends, scared cannot meet deadlines….

Any tips on how to cope with this stress?

Unregistered 22-02-2022 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204325)
Busy season making my anxiety worst. Manager and senior pings me in the middle of the night, burn my weekends, scared cannot meet deadlines….

Just ignore them and pangkang at 6

Unregistered 23-02-2022 01:20 AM

Quote:

Junior whr got stress. Cannot finish then say cannot finish lo. Ultimate responsibility is on them.

Unregistered 23-02-2022 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204309)

Senior manager will threaten you and fear monger if you quit. All sorts of nonsense like go outside cannot find job, go outside kena bullied, everywhere is the same and need to OT like mad all come out.

Unregistered 23-02-2022 08:40 AM

Quote:

This happens when u got useless guidance. Time to go dont waste time. Its a cycle. Mid tier go b4 b4 go mid tiers

Unregistered 23-02-2022 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204354)
Senior manager will threaten you and fear monger if you quit. All sorts of nonsense like go outside cannot find job, go outside kena bullied, everywhere is the same and need to OT like mad all come out.

When I quit one of my mgr keep telling me the standard bad things abt commercial: slow progression, equally stressed, no salary increment and the list goes one

But she basically stays in big 4 ever since she came out of uni… so whatever she echoing is just because she heard it from someone else and maynot be true all the time

Besides she personally drinks the big 4 koolaid why u expect her to tell us to quit ?

(Also the same mgr take maternity for **** long period of time, one thing I agree is if she’s in commercial she probably won’t get promoted if she is away for so long. Only those that benefits from the b4 experience would say it’s a good place

Unregistered 23-02-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204358)
When I quit one of my mgr keep telling me the standard bad things abt commercial: slow progression, equally stressed, no salary increment and the list goes one

But she basically stays in big 4 ever since she came out of uni… so whatever she echoing is just because she heard it from someone else and maynot be true all the time

Besides she personally drinks the big 4 koolaid why u expect her to tell us to quit ?

(Also the same mgr take maternity for **** long period of time, one thing I agree is if she’s in commercial she probably won’t get promoted if she is away for so long. Only those that benefits from the b4 experience would say it’s a good place

To add on. This same female SM has the audacity to ask us why so many Mgr quit in my team while she’s away on leave. Cos she finds the revised compensation good and workload is not that heavy. Really be too ignorant or just playing d*mb well know that her mgr batch mate has to carry all the workload for her while she’s taking care of her personal matters

Unregistered 23-02-2022 08:51 AM

Quote:

What nonsense. If commercial that bad can always jump back to audit. LOL. She is living in denial.

Unregistered 23-02-2022 10:42 AM

Look at this year nus ges accountancy vs rest

Difference is huge

Unregistered 23-02-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204375)
Look at this year nus ges accountancy vs rest

Difference is huge

but but but...steady progression....chance to make partner...Mgr pay good...outside progression slow....and other B4 kool aid talking points

Unregistered 23-02-2022 11:25 AM

Quote:

I have the same issue as you.

My associate years quite good life because my senior handle everything, but now I’m the senior and I can’t cope.

The anxiety is overwhelming for me.

Unregistered 23-02-2022 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204346)
Junior whr got stress. Cannot finish then say cannot finish lo. Ultimate responsibility is on them.

Now I am the senior and although still have manager, he has made it clear the ultimate responsibility is on me and I will be held accountable for the associates too.

Unregistered 23-02-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204385)
I have the same issue as you.

My associate years quite good life because my senior handle everything, but now I’m the senior and I can’t cope.

The anxiety is overwhelming for me.

I’m not even a senior. I’m just an A2 but treated as a “senior” cus majority of the seniors left alr. With barely more than a year of experience in audit, I have to be responsible for all the sections assigned to me, guide my juniors and clean up the mess my juniors made. Man, I’m clueless every single day and just trying to fake it till I make it.

Unregistered 23-02-2022 03:17 PM

Quote:

What she said on slow progression and low increment is true. Everyone knows it. But it doesn’t justify why we should be squeezed hard by big4 instead. We can just keep job hopping for the increments.

You let her be ba. She just came back from maternity, that would means there is a baby at home asking for her attention 24/7. She won’t last long too.

Unregistered 23-02-2022 05:20 PM

The jump from A2 to S1 is just ridiculously steep.

One moment you only have to follow instructions and got people guide you step by step,

Next moment you expected to know everything and be the one giving instructions to your associates when you yourself might not even be 100% sure.

Unregistered 23-02-2022 10:27 PM

Ranking for non big4 audit and tax

Unregistered 23-02-2022 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204410)
With barely more than a year of experience in audit, I have to be responsible for all the sections assigned to me, guide my juniors and clean up the mess my juniors made. Man, I’m clueless every single day and just trying to fake it till I make it.

Almost 5 years of experience, still feeling the same way.

It's like imposter syndrome? People say I'm good at doing what I'm doing but deep inside I'm actually clueless.

A large part of this is because 50% of what I'm doing is either self-taught or things I figured out by myself along the way without knowing for sure if this is the way it is meant to be.