Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 01-06-2022 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219954)
No news one week after the interview with Big 4 does it mean GG? since i saw a lot ppl get offer the next day or next 2 days.

Which position? Local? Local uni? When’s your interview

Unregistered 01-06-2022 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219941)
But once the person hit equity partner the jhk will be earning way more than u loser

That is why jhk will always pwn sinkie because of their short sightedness.

Sigh I guess you're one of those kumgongs who drank too much Big4 Kool Aid and believe that partnership is guaranteed and can be attained just by outlasting other people.

This has been repeated many many times here: the progression model in Big 4 is LITERALLY BUILT around attrition, and leaving only a very small handful of candidates at the end of the day, to have a reasonable shot at partnership.

There is only a handful of available partner spots. A typical Big 4 firm literally cannot give out partnership spots to every SM-level survivor just because they refuse to quit. There is no business case to make every other SM a partner.

At every step of the way, the majority of survivors from the lower ranks will be weeded out one way or another. Whether by sheer burnout, or being subtly managed out (hinting to you that you will never make partner), or forever dangling the partnership carrot but never giving it to you and counting on you to give up eventually and quit.

You think you can beat the odds? The historical data doesn't lie. You think the thousands of other ex-Big 4 peeps didn't also have the same thinking or ambition as you when they first started out i.e. that they will try to outlast the rest of their peers?

Attaining partnership in Big 4 is like attaining COL and above rank in the SAF. Every sign-on officer wants to reach that rank and hopes to get there by outlasting his peers. But there are only so many COL and BG slots available.

SAF is counting on 80% of regulars to quit along the way, otherwise they'll have a big organizational and structural problem on their hands, because there will be too many disgruntled hopefuls for COL positions and not enough space to justify keeping them all around.

Unregistered 01-06-2022 11:22 PM

Big 4 revised salary after increment 2022

Tiagong green,yellow and orange will be increasing pay to fight with blue. Anybody know what is the latest salary now for these 3 firms? Please help to fill in the figures everyone!! Thanks!!

Green:
A1-
A2-
S1-
S2-

Yellow:
A1-
A2-
S1-
S2

Orange:
A1-
A2-
S1-
S2-

Unregistered 02-06-2022 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219963)
Tiagong green,yellow and orange will be increasing pay to fight with blue. Anybody know what is the latest salary now for these 3 firms? Please help to fill in the figures everyone!! Thanks!!

Green:
A1-
A2-
S1-
S2-

Yellow:
A1-
A2-
S1-
S2

Orange:
A1-
A2-
S1-
S2-

Big 4 is not know for their starting pay and let’s start discussing about the pay for equity partners and above who are average because that’s where ugly ducklings turn into swans!!!

Partner Yr 1 = 300k
Partner Yr 2 = 350k
Partner Yr 3 = 400k
Partner Yr 4 = 500k
Senior Partner Yr 1 = 700k (around 50 year old)
Senior Partner Yr 2 = 800k
Senior Partner Yr 3 = 900k
Senior Partner Yr 4 = 1m

Unregistered 02-06-2022 12:28 AM

Quote:

No news one week after the interview with Big 4 does it mean GG? since i saw a lot ppl get offer the next day or next 2 days.

Lol. I tot big 4 hiring anyone with 2 hands 2 legs

Unregistered 02-06-2022 01:54 AM

Quote:

Hi, I've received my offer for orange after third week of interview. Hopefully good news will arrive for u soon! Best of luck :)

Unregistered 02-06-2022 01:57 AM

Quote:

Green:
A1-
A2-
S1-
S2-

Yellow:
A1-
A2-
S1-
S2

Orange:
A1-3.4 w/o bonus
A2-
S1-
S2-

Orange a1 3.4 w/o bonus

Unregistered 02-06-2022 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219980)
Orange a1 3.4 w/o bonus

What is this nonsense thing about increasing A1 pay without bonus. What objective the partners are trying to achieve from here lol. Hoping some fresh grad wouldn’t know how to count annual package? Lol.

Unregistered 02-06-2022 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219985)
What is this nonsense thing about increasing A1 pay without bonus. What objective the partners are trying to achieve from here lol. Hoping some fresh grad wouldn’t know how to count annual package? Lol.

orange partners act blur and full of ********. hope it comes back to bite them later on

Unregistered 02-06-2022 10:26 AM

3.4 is damn high compared to my time liao

Unregistered 02-06-2022 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219980)
Orange a1 3.4 w/o bonus

I thought a while back ppl saying orange increase to 4k. Knew that's too good to be true lol.

Unregistered 02-06-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Green:
A1-
A2-
S1-
S2-

Yellow:
A1- 3,350 w/ bonus
A2-
S1- 4,500
S2 - 5,100

Orange:
A1-
A2-
S1-
S2-3.4 w/o bonus

dk why would any fresh grad choose yellow / orange over blue given the diff in pay

Unregistered 02-06-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Green:
A1-
A2-
S1-
S2-

Yellow:
A1-3,350 w/ bonus
A2-
S1- 4,500
S2 - 5,100

Orange:
A1- 3.4 w/o bonus
A2-
S1-
S2-

PS put wrongly
dk why would any fresh grad choose yellow / orange over blue given the diff in pay

Unregistered 02-06-2022 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220004)
PS put wrongly

Why would anyone choose local uni over Ivy League?

Unregistered 02-06-2022 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220006)
Why would anyone choose local uni over Ivy League?

Because cannot get into ivy league.

Same applies to big 4, cannot kpmg, go with the rest.

Unregistered 02-06-2022 01:43 PM

Anybody from green can also help to fill up the figure for green. Thanks!

Unregistered 02-06-2022 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220008)
Because cannot get into ivy league.

Same applies to big 4, cannot kpmg, go with the rest.

How much kool-aid did you drink?

Unregistered 02-06-2022 02:41 PM

Hi guys, I was an ex audit senior that left for a commercial accounting role. I strongly suggest that if you guys care about the prestige and money just stay put in big 4 and grind through the corporate ladder. You will be handsomely rewarded.

Your audit managers and partners are right, once you go commercial you will be ‘stuck’ and ‘pigeonholed’ in a back office and cost centre roles with very limited progression and measly 3% increment every year. One could be stuck as senior accountant for 5 to 10 or even donkey years who knows. But in audit, you are guaranteed career progression to at least SM level and if you defy all odds and stay on to persevere you will become equity partner one day unless you screwed up. Sky is the limit when you hit equity partner and you will command great respect from ppl around you, unlike commercial roles where you will always be viewed as a back office cost centre (these kind of employees most commercial firms are trying hard to replace u to cut cost). In audit, you are technically a front office/client facing role bringing in the revenue for the firms and hence your career is an iron rice bowl in audit.

Unregistered 02-06-2022 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220024)
Hi guys, I was an ex audit senior that left for a commercial accounting role. I strongly suggest that if you guys care about the prestige and money just stay put in big 4 and grind through the corporate ladder. You will be handsomely rewarded.

Your audit managers and partners are right, once you go commercial you will be ‘stuck’ and ‘pigeonholed’ in a back office and cost centre roles with very limited progression and measly 3% increment every year. One could be stuck as senior accountant for 5 to 10 or even donkey years who knows. But in audit, you are guaranteed career progression to at least SM level and if you defy all odds and stay on to persevere you will become equity partner one day unless you screwed up. Sky is the limit when you hit equity partner and you will command great respect from ppl around you, unlike commercial roles where you will always be viewed as a back office cost centre (these kind of employees most commercial firms are trying hard to replace u to cut cost). In audit, you are technically a front office/client facing role bringing in the revenue for the firms and hence your career is an iron rice bowl in audit.

The above post holds the truth accept for FO positions in banks, PE, CFO and financial controller positions and critical financial leadership positions in financial institutions, asset management and property companies.

Unregistered 02-06-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Your audit managers and partners are right, once you go commercial you will be ‘stuck’ and ‘pigeonholed’ in a back office and cost centre roles with very limited progression and measly 3% increment every year. One could be stuck as senior accountant for 5 to 10 or even donkey years who knows. But in audit, you are guaranteed career progression to at least SM level and if you defy all odds and stay on to persevere you will become equity partner one day unless you screwed up.

Change firm if you are stuck? Take charge of your own career.

Anyway don't pretend you already leave big4

Unregistered 02-06-2022 05:01 PM

Quote:

big 4 hr spotted

Unregistered 02-06-2022 07:55 PM

do partners get a fixed salary or equity?
curious how they are paid- do they get a monthly salary

how much is sg buy in

Unregistered 02-06-2022 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220004)
PS put wrongly

fresh grads choose yellow/orange because they are blue rejects

Unregistered 02-06-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220072)

Orange more selective no?

Unregistered 02-06-2022 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220072)

All big 4s are the same... dont say until blue is like the ivy league or what man.. u are just making a fool out of yourself. I can also say blue is the smallest in terms of revenue, but fact is they are the same.

Besides, there can be a variety of reasons why people pick yellow/orange/green. It can be due to the clientele, industry offered, or maybe u have friends inside that particular color etc

Unregistered 02-06-2022 10:23 PM

depends on function also no? if you can do consulting at green that's very well respected

Unregistered 02-06-2022 10:40 PM

Wah now blue more popular because of the pay hike? Less than 1 yr ago, a lot of ppl wanna join orange but tio rejected.

Unregistered 02-06-2022 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220093)
Wah now blue more popular because of the pay hike? Less than 1 yr ago, a lot of ppl wanna join orange but tio rejected.

Since when orange rejected a lot of ppl? I rejected orange and went blue last year lol

Unregistered 02-06-2022 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220088)
All big 4s are the same... dont say until blue is like the ivy league or what man.. u are just making a fool out of yourself. I can also say blue is the smallest in terms of revenue, but fact is they are the same.

Besides, there can be a variety of reasons why people pick yellow/orange/green. It can be due to the clientele, industry offered, or maybe u have friends inside that particular color etc

Lol wake up your idea…salary is and will always be a big criteria

Simi friends inside… you think going holiday camp ah

Unregistered 02-06-2022 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220096)

Dun laff, i got friend go yellow cos hearsay from senior it is good

Unregistered 02-06-2022 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220096)

U think the other big 4s wont increase to match? Dont be naive, blue already made it public they wont sit there and do nothing.

Correct. Salary will always be a big criteria, but not for just a mere $200 difference. If you want to argue about the 20% increment for SQP, question is who will stay until that long in big 4?

Unregistered 02-06-2022 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220099)
U think the other big 4s wont increase to match? Dont be naive, blue already made it public they wont sit there and do nothing.

Correct. Salary will always be a big criteria, but not for just a mere $200 difference. If you want to argue about the 20% increment for SQP, question is who will stay until that long in big 4?

That time blue also made public for sqp 20% increment, but after so many years now the rest never follow :(

Unregistered 02-06-2022 11:49 PM

Quote:

Lol waste my time you never read the recent news

Unregistered 02-06-2022 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220101)
That time blue also made public for sqp 20% increment, but after so many years now the rest never follow :(

in the first place also there was no announcement from the other 3 to say they wanna match

its only one sided wishful thinking lol

Unregistered 03-06-2022 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220103)
in the first place also there was no announcement from the other 3 to say they wanna match

its only one sided wishful thinking lol

Lucky I'm in blue and shiok shiok enjoy my 10 days study leave now

Unregistered 03-06-2022 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220104)
Lucky I'm in blue and shiok shiok enjoy my 10 days study leave now

Lucky I born in the right year, 5 days course to become CA.

Unregistered 03-06-2022 12:09 AM

Quote:

$200 + bonus is a lot for fresh grads

Unregistered 03-06-2022 12:18 AM

Funny sia this blue HR is trying to upsell blue so much, now this forum become blue forum. So obvious. Guys lets all throw letter and join blue!

Unregistered 03-06-2022 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220109)
Funny sia this blue HR is trying to upsell blue so much, now this forum become blue forum. So obvious. Guys lets all throw letter and join blue!

I wanted to join blue, but they rejected me how ah

Unregistered 03-06-2022 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220110)
I wanted to join blue, but they rejected me how ah

then go other color and rant here about how your life sucks being poor