Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 26-05-2022 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219278)
Lol bro if it is 4.1 x 1.2 for s2. Then what about those without CA? They continue drawing 4.1? You from mid tier is it? Just stay there

I’m not from this industry.

Unregistered 26-05-2022 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219277)
If you really know the figures, you would state it instead of saying “more than 4.8” lol. We big 4 know the pay, you dont need to kaypoh

Depends if you need base pay or effective annualised pay.

Maybe he means [(basic * 12)+allowances+special payouts]/12

Unregistered 27-05-2022 12:08 AM

Hi guys, after i spoken to my SM regarding my 6.2k JPM offer, she told me that it is not worth it because in the past during recession, foreign banks do not hesitate to lay off people. However, in big 4, they chose to retain their stuff and big 4 audit is an iron rice bowl. She said that once i go commercial my subsequent increment will only be at 3% but in audit the increment every year is 10% averagd. She also said that its harder to excel in banks compared to big 4 and given my.calirbe, she felt that i have the potential to stay in audit for long term and become a partner.

Any kind souls willing to advise:

Unregistered 27-05-2022 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219289)
Hi guys, after i spoken to my SM regarding my 6.2k JPM offer, she told me that it is not worth it because in the past during recession, foreign banks do not hesitate to lay off people. However, in big 4, they chose to retain their stuff and big 4 audit is an iron rice bowl. She said that once i go commercial my subsequent increment will only be at 3% but in audit the increment every year is 10% averagd. She also said that its harder to excel in banks compared to big 4 and given my.calirbe, she felt that i have the potential to stay in audit for long term and become a partner.

She also said youngsters these days are tempted by instant gratification that they lose sight of the bigger picture in their career journey

Unregistered 27-05-2022 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219290)
She also said youngsters these days are tempted by instant gratification that they lose sight of the bigger picture in their career journey

By any chance did this person spent his entire career in the same firm and has never been outside?

Unregistered 27-05-2022 12:38 AM

Quote:

Basically you are just an idiot seeking attention. Who believe your story? You are letting your sm know who you are here? If this is true it would be so easy to identify who you are? Perhaps you are just a nobody

Unregistered 27-05-2022 07:32 AM

What is the salary structure in b4?

Monthly salary include aws ? How many months bonus on average?

Unregistered 27-05-2022 08:56 AM

does Big 4 pay out Annual Wage Supplement (13 month) or is it included in the monthly?

Unregistered 27-05-2022 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219307)
does Big 4 pay out Annual Wage Supplement (13 month) or is it included in the monthly?

There is no such thing.

Unregistered 27-05-2022 09:18 AM

Quote:

if you think your SM is 100% advising in your favour + you love audit, then fine stay in B4. Fyi, the JPM offer will be snapped out asap so atb with your future endeavours and thanks in adv for rejecting hehe

Unregistered 27-05-2022 03:17 PM

Quote:

tell ur SM go fk herself. and if real story, get ready to have ur name spread like wildfire in ur firm

Unregistered 27-05-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219307)

big 4 pay u in exposure

Unregistered 27-05-2022 04:07 PM

Quote:

You are not very high calibre or important to your current engagement if your SM / partner does not offer you any other carrot to stay. After I tender during first year senior, one of the first thing that my engagement partners say is if there is anything they can do to make me stay.

6.2k assuming a 20-30% jump from your big4 salary means you should be second or first year associate? To be honest too early to say if you will be partner track.

But you should just stay if you are so easily swayed by your SM cheap words.

Unregistered 27-05-2022 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219364)
tell ur SM go fk herself. and if real story, get ready to have ur name spread like wildfire in ur firm

Yeah just tell the SM to go and fk spider

Unregistered 27-05-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

This sounds like the dumbest **** ever. If you are indeed partner calibre, you wouldn't even need to be asking this question here. You clearly don't have your **** sorted out, if you are partner calibre, and you join JPM, would you need to worry about progression and getting laid off?

There is a disconnect between what your SM is telling you about making partner and then telling you that you might be laid off, a good person progresses anywhere he or she goes. Sounds like complete ********, smells like complete ********, you couldn't catch the ********, or you fell for your SMs ****. You are not partner calibre. Get good.

Unregistered 27-05-2022 11:46 PM

://.afr.com/companies/professional-services/ey-may-spin-off-auditing-arm-20220527-p5aoyo

Global consulting powerhouse EY is considering splitting off its audit arm, amid increasing regulatory concerns about the conflict that has risen from the firm and its big four rivals providing non-audit work to auditing clients.

A string of audit-related failures across the world have triggered the regulatory crackdown, including the collapse of EY clients Wirecard and Luckin Coffee and KPMG UK audit client Carillion.

Wirecard, a German payment processor, filed for insolvency in 2020 after admitting that €1.9 billion ($3 billion) of cash on its books probably never existed. Luckin Coffee filed for bankruptcy this month amid allegations the company’s executives inflated income, costs and expenses for 2019.

The scandals have badly hurt EY’s ability to win work in Europe and China, according to rivals. In a partner briefing last year, Deloitte Global chief executive Punit Renjen said EY’s Wirecard issues would “haunt them, certainly in Europe” and that EY was “persona non grata in terms of audit in the Chinese market because of Luckin Coffee and Wirecard”.

Any news on this. Why yellow so jialat. Spinoff audit then how? Still will have Big4 "prestige" anot?

Unregistered 28-05-2022 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219433)
://.afr.com/companies/professional-services/ey-may-spin-off-auditing-arm-20220527-p5aoyo

Global consulting powerhouse EY is considering splitting off its audit arm, amid increasing regulatory concerns about the conflict that has risen from the firm and its big four rivals providing non-audit work to auditing clients.

A string of audit-related failures across the world have triggered the regulatory crackdown, including the collapse of EY clients Wirecard and Luckin Coffee and KPMG UK audit client Carillion.

Wirecard, a German payment processor, filed for insolvency in 2020 after admitting that €1.9 billion ($3 billion) of cash on its books probably never existed. Luckin Coffee filed for bankruptcy this month amid allegations the company’s executives inflated income, costs and expenses for 2019.

The scandals have badly hurt EY’s ability to win work in Europe and China, according to rivals. In a partner briefing last year, Deloitte Global chief executive Punit Renjen said EY’s Wirecard issues would “haunt them, certainly in Europe” and that EY was “persona non grata in terms of audit in the Chinese market because of Luckin Coffee and Wirecard”.

Any news on this. Why yellow so jialat. Spinoff audit then how? Still will have Big4 "prestige" anot?

If not wrong ey singapore was involved right? Audit is not jia lat..is just cant find qualified ppl do audit now.
Go tok to ur boss.. everyone said the same thing..
they know how bad the quality of the staff now are.

Unregistered 28-05-2022 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219439)
If not wrong ey singapore was involved right? Audit is not jia lat..is just cant find qualified ppl do audit now.

They expect one person to tank everything in an MNC engagement and handle another engagement concurrently. Only siaolang will stay.

Unregistered 28-05-2022 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219433)

It is ok. EY SG just charge lower rates to attract more clients and overwork their staff to meet the unreasonable client expectations

Unregistered 28-05-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219439)

The problem is assuming this spinoff is approved by the partners globally, who will wan to join yellow audit?

They will be joining some EY newco audit entity. Bo prestige since the consulting arms will be separate liao.

Part of the Big4 "selling point" is that they can call themselves "consultants" and that you're joining a "global consulting firm" even though ur really doing audit. Nobody feels shiok when they say they work in an "audit firm". More shiok to say "consulting firm".

Unregistered 28-05-2022 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219456)
The problem is assuming this spinoff is approved by the partners globally, who will wan to join yellow audit?

They will be joining some EY newco audit entity. Bo prestige since the consulting arms will be separate liao.

Part of the Big4 "selling point" is that they can call themselves "consultants" and that you're joining a "global consulting firm" even though ur really doing audit. Nobody feels shiok when they say they work in an "audit firm". More shiok to say "consulting firm".

Lol where got auditor will say u come from "consulting firm"? Not so easy to smoke ppl

Unregistered 28-05-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219456)

I have never heard a big4 auditor says they came from a consulting firm.

Bug4 audit is big4 audit

Unregistered 28-05-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219441)
They expect one person to tank everything in an MNC engagement and handle another engagement concurrently. Only siaolang will stay.

My seniors all seem to have very high expectations

When I ask them why like that, they say this is just the way things are and they went through it when they were my grade.

What I disagree with is people expecting you to do what they did when they were your grade.

Unregistered 28-05-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219482)

When I ask them why like that, they say this is just the way things are and they went through it when they were my grade.

What I disagree with is people expecting you to do what they did when they were your grade.

Cos they also dunno. Man.. hw quality drop to this..audit without frs ssa knowledge.. lol b4 audit

Unregistered 28-05-2022 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219482)

lol you incompetent? ur incompetence will sabo ur senior to clean up ur ****

Unregistered 28-05-2022 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219503)
lol you incompetent? ur incompetence will sabo ur senior to clean up ur ****

they higher pay

Unregistered 28-05-2022 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219497)
Cos they also dunno. Man.. hw quality drop to this..audit without frs ssa knowledge.. lol b4 audit

got training but it seems there is some level of assumed knowledge which may not be applicable to everyone

If Senior never teach how expect us to know

Unregistered 28-05-2022 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219506)
got training but it seems there is some level of assumed knowledge which may not be applicable to everyone

no wonder quality drop... expecting to be spoon fed.. gg

Unregistered 28-05-2022 09:07 PM

Quote:

They don’t know also. They just throw to you so if you found out eventually, they take credits and learn from thw work you did

Unregistered 28-05-2022 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219517)
They don’t know also. They just throw to you so if you found out eventually, they take credits and learn from thw work you did

Yea, that’s how most seniors work sadly. Expect the Chao associates to know and if don’t know then blame the associates. No wonder all don’t want join big 4 audit

Unregistered 29-05-2022 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219529)
Yea, that’s how most seniors work sadly. Expect the Chao associates to know and if don’t know then blame the associates. No wonder all don’t want join big 4 audit

To be fair, that might be how their seniors treated them when they were associates too.

And seniors are just people with ~2 years experience, although “senior” by title but they’re really young still in twenties, getting 4k ish pay, and not really taught or experienced to be in a mentoring position also.

Unregistered 29-05-2022 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219534)
To be fair, that might be how their seniors treated them when they were associates too.

And seniors are just people with ~2 years experience, although “senior” by title but they’re really young still in twenties, getting 4k ish pay, and not really taught or experienced to be in a mentoring position also.

Big 4 is just like NS. Lower rank = more saikang.

Unregistered 29-05-2022 09:49 AM

Will more people join Big4 and do you all foresee that lesser people join Big4 following the pay increment by Kp as others might follow.

Unregistered 29-05-2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Same same one la, hiring manager alway tell us that they alway hire the most competent people, in the interview say until got dragon got tiger on how good, how self driven they are.

I dun think you will be even hired if in the interview you tell the manager you know nothing at all and need someone to guide you.

To be fair, the senior is not pay by the company or by you to teach you. They also NV owe you anything.

Unregistered 29-05-2022 01:18 PM

i rejected an offer from orange audit, i am a local u non accoutancy graduate, they send me go to learn CA foundation for 3mths paying me 1k "allowance" and then can officially join with a starting of 3.4 not entitled bonus for 2yrs till 2024.

Unregistered 29-05-2022 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219577)
Same same one la, hiring manager alway tell us that they alway hire the most competent people, in the interview say until got dragon got tiger on how good, how self driven they are.

I dun think you will be even hired if in the interview you tell the manager you know nothing at all and need someone to guide you.

To be fair, the senior is not pay by the company or by you to teach you. They also NV owe you anything.

Are you a retard? The seniors are paid so much more because they should guide the associates in completing them. Most of my sg peers will guide our juniors because that is the way we are trained. Usually those jhk they not sure and throw to juniors. You must be the jhk senior that smoked your way past the interview and now trying to justify your actions. Smfh

Unregistered 29-05-2022 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219583)
i rejected an offer from orange audit, i am a local u non accoutancy graduate, they send me go to learn CA foundation for 3mths paying me 1k "allowance" and then can officially join with a starting of 3.4 not entitled bonus for 2yrs till 2024.

Well done.

Actually never understood why non acct grad join audit.

Anyway as long as u got 2 hands 2 legs they will hire u already

Unregistered 29-05-2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219591)
Well done.

Actually never understood why non acct grad join audit.

Anyway as long as u got 2 hands 2 legs they will hire u already

they offered me transfer pricing and audit, but audit need to attend training course for 3mths before can formally join and worse still , no bonus for 2 full years.

Unregistered 29-05-2022 05:52 PM

What is the annual income approximately of a 32 year old SM?

Unregistered 29-05-2022 05:58 PM

Most people who stay on in audit in big 4 eventually get to SM . This is mostly guaranteed, so to help the young minds decide, can anyone in big 4 give an estimation of SM salary post pay increases?

SM1
SM2
SM3
SM4

Lastly is SM4 the highest SM rank and is there a pay cap