Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 29-09-2023 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257058)
JHK cannot think
They come and do the job Singaporeans don’t want to do
They happy can already
Don’t even know they are being exploited
Don’t tell them the truth
Ignorance is bliss

Commercial life is very different from big 4. People more chill and no need to ot everyday. Please let the jhk suffer in audit so they cannot join commercial

Unregistered 29-09-2023 03:37 PM

Do not be fooled that guys from across the causeway are not taking initiative to look elsewhere other than Big4. In view of the fact that they are armed with ACCA + private uni degree they understand the need to enter Big4 first, slog hard and aim exit to commercial after attaining M1 and above. They are far more realistic than many of our private grads.

Unregistered 29-09-2023 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257078)
Do not be fooled that guys from across the causeway are not taking initiative to look elsewhere other than Big4. In view of the fact that they are armed with ACCA + private uni degree they understand the need to enter Big4 first, slog hard and aim exit to commercial after attaining M1 and above. They are far more realistic than many of our private grads.

I haven’t see anyone fooled though LOL - they have very good career prospects. Seen many going on to senior FM, FC, Finance Director roles

Unregistered 29-09-2023 11:40 PM

I am working in commercial but i still apply to big 4 and mid tier audit firms for fun just to troll them. i will accept their interview invitation but i won't bother to attend the interview. These farkers just want to lowball people and ask sinkies to fill the local quota so I will play with them

Unregistered 29-09-2023 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257118)
I am working in commercial but i still apply to big 4 and mid tier audit firms for fun just to troll them. i will accept their interview invitation but i won't bother to attend the interview. These farkers just want to lowball people and ask sinkies to fill the local quota so I will play with them

they are that desperate until would take people with commercial experience? so far i don't see any AP AR folks coming in

Unregistered 30-09-2023 08:31 AM

Will B4 fire people over mistakes? Or worst case is PIP?

Unregistered 30-09-2023 09:25 AM

anyone know how's the exit opportunity for big 4 deals vs audit for someone who wants wlb and decent pay

Unregistered 30-09-2023 02:45 PM

can I cum on your face?

Unregistered 30-09-2023 09:48 PM

Any updates on EY local quota? Did they exploit loophole and convert more foreigners to PR this year?

Unregistered 30-09-2023 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257189)
Any updates on EY local quota? Did they exploit loophole and convert more foreigners to PR this year?

Yes those managers who hire ceca better go on one-on-one lunch with them every week.

Unregistered 30-09-2023 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257189)

probably PIP or outsource to malaysia just like what they do in the US

Unregistered 01-10-2023 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257140)
Will B4 fire people over mistakes? Or worst case is PIP?

think got one guy made a big mistake before and cause trouble for upper management, think was asked to go lol

Unregistered 01-10-2023 09:00 PM

my fren complain big4 now full of low quality JHKs

Unregistered 01-10-2023 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255960)
To a JHK, working in the Singapore office of a Big 4 audit firm is about as prestigious as a Singaporean working in JPM or Morgan Stanley in NY or London.

It's much more advantageous to hire a poorer third world employee who believes your company is the best that they will do in their life, as opposed to a disgruntled unhappy local who is only in the company because they're not good enough for other more prestigious/better paying roles.

The former will work 10x as hard and is willing to take 10x more s**t than the latter.

Get it? Or too complicated for you to grasp?

true, for a JHK working in CBD offices, or PWC MArina One atas office is like a god send

Unregistered 02-10-2023 11:00 AM

How many bonus do you get in yellow ?
Have Aws ?

Unregistered 02-10-2023 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257287)
How many bonus do you get in yellow ?
Have Aws ?

1.xx months lor, no AWS la big companies now all incorporate your AWS into your monthly pay liao, making your monthly pay look high only

Unregistered 02-10-2023 01:32 PM

Serious question, can any kind souls give some tips for a newly promoted senior?

Unregistered 02-10-2023 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257254)

Full ACCA you called low quality? They are competing for senior middle and senior financial positions in commercial against our localS. Better wake up your idea.

Unregistered 02-10-2023 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257254)

mid tier all foreign applicants. no local applicants. i am the only fake local job applicant. i hope they call me up for interview so i can fly aeroplane during the interview

Unregistered 02-10-2023 09:37 PM

Means only one bonus in november?
If someone got ~3-3.5 months bonus does that mean A grads

Unregistered 03-10-2023 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257302)
Full ACCA you called low quality? They are competing for senior middle and senior financial positions in commercial against our localS. Better wake up your idea.

Hello acca not degree. U find job with acca or go apply ca role.. sry no degree no tok.

Unregistered 03-10-2023 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257302)

Onlu bs qualification like accting and low entry barrier job see acca like god sent. U better wake up. Commercial all these acca accountant or fm all lowend dunno wads gg on. Only jhk hire jhk or boss wan cheap labour. True story.

Local good 1 go high finance or management program.. not these work 8 years till 5 to 6k commercial role.

Unregistered 03-10-2023 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257328)

They bluff u la, high performer 2.x only.

Unregistered 03-10-2023 02:31 PM

I saw their letter from HR , accidentally saw , not supposed to see
It was 3.3x bonus

Unregistered 03-10-2023 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257368)
I saw their letter from HR , accidentally saw , not supposed to see
It was 3.3x bonus

This is damn funny and people who are in Big4 now will know why.

And I’m not gonna tell you. See if you can guess why.

Unregistered 03-10-2023 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257378)
This is damn funny and people who are in Big4 now will know why.

And I’m not gonna tell you. See if you can guess why.

Pls enlighten us

Unregistered 03-10-2023 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257379)
Pls enlighten us

Have u never worked at a big 4 before? The only way to know how much bonus we r getting us verbally from our coach and actual payslip. What stupid letter, wan make story also dunno how to do research.

Unregistered 03-10-2023 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257381)
Have u never worked at a big 4 before? The only way to know how much bonus we r getting us verbally from our coach and actual payslip. What stupid letter, wan make story also dunno how to do research.

You gave away the answer too quickly…

I rather not educate the trolls so much, so they dunno how silly they sound.

Plus no point teaching them how to troll better

Unregistered 03-10-2023 06:45 PM

there's only students here these days, barely any actual ppl working in big 4 here. still don't even know what's the ****ing payscale for 2023. what a disgrace

Unregistered 03-10-2023 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257328)

bonus is in april, otherwise everyone will resign before/during peak period

Unregistered 03-10-2023 06:58 PM

Quote:

EY does issue physical letter that state your new rank and bonus ( in monetary value).

Yes I used the real name of the firm and not the stupid colour code. Dk why ppl keep using colours to refer to firms instead.

Unregistered 03-10-2023 06:59 PM

As an accountant, you alr know what you are getting into by joining b4.The companies that you audit also need to generate profit, so when your revenue is the companies compliance cost. You are already eating the leftover pieces of the pie which is why your salary can never match them

Big 4 Partner 03-10-2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257393)
As an accountant, you alr know what you are getting into by joining b4.The companies that you audit also need to generate profit, so when your revenue is the companies compliance cost. You are already eating the leftover pieces of the pie which is why your salary can never match them

Exactly why auditors are fake jobs created by the companies act just like how SDA officers are fakely created when the COVID-19 Act is introduced.

Next time they might introduce another statutory law which create other fake jobs like tracking what time you come home etc.

Unregistered 03-10-2023 07:10 PM

they are outsourcing some audit work to Msia next year to compensate for the reduced hiring and layoffs this year. any other firms having this as well?

Unregistered 03-10-2023 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257387)
there's only students here these days, barely any actual ppl working in big 4 here. still don't even know what's the ****ing payscale for 2023. what a disgrace

Because those who used to work there all long gone la

Unregistered 03-10-2023 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257395)
they are outsourcing some audit work to Msia next year to compensate for the reduced hiring and layoffs this year. any other firms having this as well?

lol gov say no visa for jhk so they give the job to jhk in jb instead... i'm more surprised they didnt do this a long time ago

Unregistered 03-10-2023 07:55 PM

Quote:

are you stupid. ey has physical letters in envelopes for your promotion and bonus. clearly you are the one who dont know whats up

Unregistered 03-10-2023 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257395)

Good. Finally audit is being outsourced to a low cost centre, commensurate with its actual value and function in the economy.

Should've done this long ago. Also, we're creating jobs for regional economies.

SGreans should upskill to higher value industries instead of white collar sweatshop service lines like audit and tax compliance

Unregistered 03-10-2023 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257393)

some auditors think they know the rules very well means they good. The reality is ppl dont pay attention to knowledge they dont need to make money

Unregistered 03-10-2023 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257404)
Good. Finally audit is being outsourced to a low cost centre, commensurate with its actual value and function in the economy.

Should've done this long ago. Also, we're creating jobs for regional economies.

SGreans should upskill to higher value industries instead of white collar sweatshop service lines like audit and tax compliance

industries like? even 10k salary consulting and CS jobs are getting outsourced

genuine question cos i also dont wanna do audit liao